“Varied menu, helpful staff and good food”

Le Gusta Oven and Bar
Ranked #194 of 577 Restaurants in Coventry
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
UK
“Varied menu, helpful staff and good food”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went at 6pm prior to a 7.30 show at the Warwick Arts Centr. The restaurant wasn't particularly full, probably 10 tables, and we just finished our 2 courses with about 5 mins to spare, so if it were much busier I expect time could be an issue. Just bear this in mind when booking. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the restaurant had a nice atmosphere - liked the fire pizza oven in the corner. I was surprised at the amount of options on the menu, and we were all pleased with our choices. The grilled sardines were delicious and come with your choice of 2 sides. I chose the patatas bravas which were great (quite spicy) and the panzanella salad which wasn't nice but didn't spoil it overall. The king prawn pasta dish and the king prawn risotto were tasty and substantial and the chunky chips one of the nicest we have tasted. Pudding menu was good, and their rustic bread board with olive oil and balsamic dipping plate was a nice start. All in all a good meal before an excellent show. We will definitely go back, perhaps leaving nearer 2 hours for the booking prior to a show just so there isn't a stressful rush at the end.

• Visited October 2013

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Great food!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We all ate in this restaurant from the office and we were all very pleased with our food, also, excellent service, great friendly staff

Visited May 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Nice food, friendly but forgetful service”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I went to this restaurant whilst attending Ayacon anime convention at Warwick Arts Centre. I had a very tasty Penne Arrabiata, and Pannacotta for desert. Both I thought were well cooked and tasty, and I also was pleased they had Grapetiser as good alternative to wine kudos there for serving a less well known flavour as well as the usual apple. The service was pleasant and friendly and the staff were unphased by all the customer's in costume they had but they had to be prompted for the Pannacotta that a friend and I ordered at the start of the meal which we had done because it does take a while to prepare. Unfortunately this and the prices did take some of the shine off of the place as I think they were rather overpriced even though the variety was indeed rather nice.

• Visited August 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Le Disgustinga”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I just watched a movie at the warwick arts centre called and after the show decided to eat at Le Gusta. The meal was disgusting and I paid £33.55 for it. It was money down the drain. My sister got a pizza which was well below average and chose baked sea bass which was revolting. We will not be reurning ever! It was yuck! I do however recommend the film we watched - called the reluctant fundamentalist - well acted, well made.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank sweetness428
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Average to poor”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

To start at the beginning of my experience, upon booking I was assured that a 6pm reservation would give us ample time to eat before our show commenced at 7.30pm. We arrived promptly and were shown to our table...no complaints so far, however...
The menu appeared to contain a nice variety of choices, we opted for the 'set menu' of the day, and everything went downhill from there. Considering it didn't appear to be fully booked we waited an absolute age for our starters and then again for our mains, when the food did arrive it was dissappointing- either luke warm or ridiculously hot as if straight out of a microwave, and as other reviewers have stated not exactly generous portions, and no where near good enough quality food as to get away with tiny 'cordon bleurish' portions. It took an hour and a half to get 2 courses, our main coming out at 7.15... So as you can imagine a bit rushed to not miss the start of the show. Our waiter suggested that we take our dessert during the interval and assured us that it would be on the table waiting for us at the break along with our interval drinks order...pah...was it heck, nothing was waiting for us and our waiter was no where to be seen, we approached another waitress who brought our desserts and drinks, but again it was stupidly rushed in what was just a 20 minute interval.
Sorry Le Gusta- this was not good enough for the prices you charge, I agree with the other reviewer- I will take my own sandwiches before eating here again, very disappointing.

• Visited May 2013