“747 flight !”

Book In Advance
More Info
$249.44*
and up
Fly a Real Jet Simulator Around the World at...
Ranked #2 of 21 Fun & Games in Coventry
More attraction details
Owner description: Flight Simulators Midlands are delighted to offer you a thrilling experience on board a real B737-800 motion simulator or a Boeing 747-400 Jumbo Jet simulator with simulated motion or an Airbus A320 real aircraft, converted into a simulator. All are fitted with the latest Glass Cockpit Instrumentation (PFD/ND or EFIS)and the latest graphics available. Fly the mountains around Salzburg or the waterways of Hong Kong. These simulators have trained thousands of professional pilots over the years. (They are not replica simulators like many on offer). Now it's your turn to sit where they did and learn the tricks of the trade. We highly recommend a full hours flight time to get the best from your visit. Welcome on board. Captain Chris Rigby (Chief Pilot FSM)
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I did the 747 simulator flight on 28th March ........ absolutely fantastic experience ! Great fun , but with a serious emphasis on getting the full flight experience . I can't say enough about my two "co-pilots" , Derek and Derek , they were great. Flew out of Saltzberg , phew those mountains are close ! Landing was a real blast , truly wonderful experience . The 1/2 hr was not long enough , I would really recommend going for the full hour .

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"briefing room"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed April 5, 2014

me and my daughter went to Coventry last Friday evening, what can I say except a big thank you to all the team especially Chris we had a fabulous time and really recommended this to get a feel for what a pilot really does in his daily job. Thanks again

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Bought this for my wife and went along for the ride. We were not disappointed, the whole experience was entertaining, interesting and informative while being enjoyable. Having traveled many times around the world in the cabin of one of these, to see what goes on on the flight deck and get not just an insight but the experience too was great. I'd recommend this for anyone to try.

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I was bought this as a gift via groupon. On arrival I was charged an extra £25 for motion and £10 for a pic. 30 mins later the end.
Simulators usually have motion, although I paid for motion I may as well had none.
I won't be returning but the insight to flying was interesting.

4  Thank Garethpittaway
Biggles737, Owner at Flight Simulators Midlands, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Hi Gareth. Sorry you were disappointed but you should take this up with the person who gave you the gift. They bought you half an hour flat bedded experience which is what you got. The only simulator experiences that include motion are ones like Bruce Dickinson's 737 at Cardiff where they will charge you £666 + VAT for 1 hour. If you want to pay us that, I would be very happy to include the motion free of charge. Your total cost, including the motion was just £74 for half an hour. That equates to less than 20% of what they charge, so I don't understand why you don't think it's not value for money. You were also under the instruction of a professional airline captain with thousands of hours of flight time. Nowhere can you get this type of equipment and staff at this price point. The photo is an entirely optional purchase. Nobody forced you to buy it. Please tell me of anywhere in the world from Disney to Alton Towers where you would not pay for an on ride photo. But if you wish to return it, I will be very happy to refund you the cost. Regards - Captain Chris Rigby

See more reviews
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had a flying lesson about 20 years ago and this was just a birthday present to me. The staff are really helpful: Roy, your photographer, who also gave me the briefing, and the ladies in the office. I did wonder whether it would be that different from a PC game, but it is completely different to be sat there with the full screen and a captain (Chris in my case, who has the patience of a saint) , who will guide you all the time and build your confidence, based on your level of knowledge. I opted to expand the original 30 mins to an hour, which was great as initially you are rather focused on the instruments and steering column. We flew off from Salzburg and back in before a night run round Hong Kong - including some "hooligan flying" between some skyscrapers.

I am inspired now to have a few flying lessons and go back to try the Airbus simulator, which is coming into commission. At time of writing (April 2014), just be aware of the roadworks on the approach!