“Great experience”

and up
Fly a Real Jet Simulator Around the World at Coventry Airport
Ranked #2 of 21 Fun & Games in Coventry
More attraction details
Owner description: Flight Simulators Midlands are delighted to offer you a thrilling experience on board a real B737-800 motion simulator or a Boeing 747-400 Jumbo Jet simulator with simulated motion or an Airbus A320 real aircraft, converted into a simulator. All are fitted with the latest Glass Cockpit Instrumentation (PFD/ND or EFIS)and the latest graphics available. Fly the mountains around Salzburg or the waterways of Hong Kong. These simulators have trained thousands of professional pilots over the years. (They are not replica simulators like many on offer). Now it's your turn to sit where they did and learn the tricks of the trade. We highly recommend a full hours flight time to get the best from your visit. Welcome on board. Captain Chris Rigby (Chief Pilot FSM)
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I completed a half hour session with Graeme yesterday in the 747 simulator, which was a great experience. It felt very realistic and it was easy to forget this was a simulation. The briefing video beforehand was very informative, if a little overwhelming, and helped once I was in the cockpit with Graeme. He was excellent in explaining the flight control settings and guiding me through actually flying the aircraft. All in all a very enjoyable experience, with courteous staff who made me feel very welcome. I would certainly like to take a longer session in in the future. Thanks to everyone for a most experience

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"many thanks"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed November 14, 2013

My friends and I booked half hour sessions on the 747 simulator. Flying the simulator was a brilliant experience, using a full 747 cockpit.
There were only two negatives, first was that the simulator was not on an hydraulic platform, so didn't get the sense of motion and the second was we didn't have enough time flying.
We will return again, next time we will go for at least an hour each.
The instructor who took us for our experience, Graeme Miller, is a recently retired 747 Capt and a very nice guy too.
We would recommend any pilot, real or simmer, to have a go in a fully functional simulator, you do capture the feeling of being in a real aircraft at the controls of a real Boeing aircraft.
Thanks Graeme, see you again.
Alan, Dave & Wayne
14/11/2013

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I booked my experience through an Amazon offer, and on phoning to book , I upgraded to an hour flight. Everything was superb and thoroughly enjoyable.
There was a friendly welcome when I arrived, and then a Powerpoint presentation of the physics of flight and the flight deck controls.
Captain Tony was my instructor and he was excellent. He was friendly and explained everything in such a way that I could understand the basic controls fairly easily. I was in the 747 simulator and my hour (and a bit more) covered two takeoffs and three landings. (I think in the real world these are supposed to be the same number). We flew around Salzburg. Tony tailored the experience perfectly for me. I just wanted to have a good time in the simulator, and this is what I did have. My thanks to Tony and all staff at FSM and I wish them well in the future. I would recommend the experience wholeheartedly.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Just landed a 250 ton 747 at Saltzberg. What a fantastic experience. The staff were so helpful and made me feel at home right from the very start.(great coffee). Peter Green, my co-pilot and instructor was great, he gave me so much confidence. I can't wait for my next flight.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I've wanted to give this a go since I was a kid, so I went for an hour with motion.

It was a fantastic experience and my captain (Cpt Pablo Mason) was really good. He was keen to tailor the experience for me, always asking if I was happy with what we were doing. Managed to get two take off and landings with some aerobatics (through a mountain range) into the hour. A bit of tweaking of dials and lots of hands on flying, a great mix that gave a good taste of flying a commercial jet.

My only gripe was the motion, I am not sure it was actually on. I wasn't expecting a Thorpe Park roller coaster but I really couldn't feel any motion as we manoeuvred. As we accelerated off up the runway I expected to feel something. There was a little repetitive bump but maybe that was a sign it wasn't working?

Even without perceivable motion (which I paid for), it was brilliant; realistic environment (much better than Flight Sim 2000!) and noises, very exciting when an american voice starts calling 'GLIDE SLOPE' :)

I intend to go back, and hopefully make a successful landing on the tarmac at Kai Tak (rather than the grass).

Chris R, Owner at Flight Simulators Midlands, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your flight. Motion in real simulators, like ours, is something of a black art. The extraordinary thing about our brain is that when it 'sees' something happening, it cancels out the actual sensation. This is because sensation is a warning mechanism and if the brain knows something is going to happen, it blocks those feelings. A good example of this is when you are driving and passing over a hump back bridge. As the driver, you see the bridge and as your brain anticipates an up and over feeling, it cancels it out and you feel nothing. As a passenger and not looking at the road, your stomach feels an uncomfortable displacement. And so it is with simulators. Even though you are not used to flying, you brain understands that when the nose comes up you will feel an upward motion and it then cancels that sensation out. So you think you didn't move at all. Similarly, myself and another very experienced pilot both felt a 'roll over' sensation when we were doing some autopilot function tests. In fact we were not moving at all but our brains told us we should feel something and because we didn't actually move, our brains registered that sensation to replace it. All very weird. Incidentally, if you watch a professional simulator doing real training, you will see that it hardly moves at all. You must have been flying it well. Look forward to seeing you again. - Chris - Chief Plot FSM.