“Thoroughly enjoyable”

and up
Fly a Real Jet Simulator Around the World at Coventry Airport
Ranked #1 of 20 Fun & Games in Coventry
More attraction details
Owner description: Flight Simulators Midlands are delighted to offer you a thrilling experience on board a real B737-800 motion simulator or a Boeing 747-400 Jumbo Jet simulator with simulated motion or an Airbus A320 real aircraft, converted into a simulator. All are fitted with the latest Glass Cockpit Instrumentation (PFD/ND or EFIS)and the latest graphics available. Fly the mountains around Salzburg or the waterways of Hong Kong. These simulators have trained thousands of professional pilots over the years. (They are not replica simulators like many on offer). Now it's your turn to sit where they did and learn the tricks of the trade. We highly recommend a full hours flight time to get the best from your visit. Welcome on board. Captain Chris Rigby (Chief Pilot FSM)
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I tried the 747 flight simulator on 8th July 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed it. At first I was very nervous but the instructor was excellent in his explanations and quickly put me at ease with his style and enthusiasm.

Like other comments on this web site, I flew around Salzburg putting the aircraft through it's paces flying both manually and automatically. I took the option of the full one hour flight and I'm glad I did as a half hour would have been too short.

The up front chance to learn form a very good powerpoint show was useful even if I didn't take it all in. Nothing beats actually doing it.

Thanks Team - Moira

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Just got back from a 747 simulator experience. My captain was Mr Miller- top bloke- very informative and very entertaining. I only had 30 min but we took off and landed at Salzburg. Absolutley amazing thing to do. I want to go again. Highly recomend.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Watched a Die Hard diaster movie and wondered if you could land a passenger aircraft if the crew were taken out? Now is your chance to find out. I was bought the Boeing 737 experience for Christmas - I've a lays likedcaircraft and have mucked around with flight sims off and on over the years. The experience includes a pre flight briefing in the form of a PowerPoint presentation that shows the unfamiliar how an aircraft stays in the air and how to read the instruments. having jumped into the co-pilots seat what a difference having some proper sized controls and instruments makes. Cockpit views are great. Don't expect google earth resolution - which isn't a problem - there's too much else to do. Crew are really friendly and guide you expertly through anything you like from night flying, navigation, how to use of the autopilot and final approach to doing circuits and bumps at the old Hong Kong airport. I bought an extra half hour in advance band it was all over far too quick. I didn't pay the extra for the motion but I will next time - yes there will be a next time. If travelling far, there's also an air museum at Coventry Airport to get you in the mood. Now where's my Vulcan Bomber parked?

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My two sons bought a 747 flight simulator experience for Father's Day. Having a Private Pilots licence they knew my interest in aviation. What a tremendous experience. You are provided with an excellent pre trip program to your own computer prior to attending. The location is easy to find parking next to the hanger and club room with top rate facilities including excellent food at very reasonable prices my two sons who accompanied me recommend the 'Hanger All day Breakfast' After a thorough briefing and film/slide show with coffee and biscuits we were ready for the flight. Even if you have never flown before I would encourage any one to experience this unique opportunity. This is not a toy it is the real thing the view through the window leaves you in no doubt of that. The staff are great and encourage you through every stage of take off and landing which in my case was Hong Kong. My sons both in their 30's enjoyed the experience as much as I being sat behind me in the jump seats. It is great value for money and a great conversation piece.
Bob from Liverpool.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I bought this for my sons birthday, so he was the pilot and I a mere passenger. But even from my perspective this was a fascinating insight in to real flying and our instructor, Tony, was so enthusiastic we could have talked to him for hours, but he had other clients. We flew on the 747 and although I found the graphics slightly fuzzy (from the 'jump seat' admittedly) it did feel like a real flight especially as my son did a landing without any assistance (brilliantly, as Tony said.)
This is a great experience, the team are so enthusiastic and we would highly recommend it.

Chris R, Owner at Flight Simulators Midlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Glad you son enjoyed it. Tony is a new instructor with us but I used to fly with him in easyJet many years ago and as you say, he is always enthusiastic. The reason the graphics seemed fuzzy to you in the jump seat is that they are what is known as collimated displays. This uses huge concave mirrors to focus the image into the pilots eye position. Each of these mirrors costs over £20,000 and we have 4 of them on the 747 and 2 on the 737. If you are not sitting in the pilots seat then you will get a slightly distorted image. These are professional display systems which are required for pilot training so please understand that what we are offering is exactly what professional pilots have in their training regime. It's a great disappointment to myself and my team that some of our guests, who have left critical reviews, do not understand this and have criticised us for it. Anyway, I'm very pleased you had a good time and I will pass your remarks on to Captain Ryan Fecitt. I'm sure he will be pleased. Regards -- Chris Rigby - Chief pilot FSM.