“Off the Boil”

Blue Mango
Ranked #77 of 585 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Award winning Blue Mango Restaurant was first established in 2007. Our aim is to provide an extra special dining experience in which to sample some of our finest traditional and newest cuisine. The Blue Mango prides itself in creating authentic indian cuisine. We use only the finest ingredients and all our chefs have a reputation for creating dishes you will enjoy. Our delicious dishes exude delectable aromas, enhancing the relaxing and friendly atmosphere of the restaurant. So let your mouth water as you browse through our alluring selection of indian dishes. Come to Blue Mango and enjoy a memorable experience.
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was about the sixth time I have eaten here and the first time I have been disappointed.
It was also the first time I ate here with a groupon deal and it will be the last . I agreed to paying extra to “boost” the deal and ordered a dish I had ordered and enjoyed before , the afghan chana . What arrived was tired and lacklustre and in no way matched what the mango had served before. I do not understand what their problem was ,, if you don’t like groupon , don’t do deals with them .
I found the whole meal shabby and it’s going to be difficult to justify trying the mango again.
aout the sixth time I have eaten here and the fisrt time I have been dissappointed

3  Thank P_J_Murphy1962
There are newer reviews for Blue Mango

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We came here to kill time and treat ourselves to a meal out while my daughter was at a concert at the LG Arena in Birmingham (about 20 mins away). We chose this place as it also accepted Tastecard. There is no car park but we just about managed to find a space on the road outside. We were about 45 minutes early for our booking but we were greeted with a smile and a very jovial waiter who showed us to a seat in the waiting area and offered us drinks. The restaurant was packed out, which surprised us as it was a Tuesday evening. Within under 10 minutes we were shown to our table. The menu was extensive and very reasonably priced, and with our Tastecard it was all two for the price of one! We started with poppadoms, then had a starter of a mixed kebab for two (this we later decided was a mistake, as we were then too full to eat all of our main courses!!!). We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, apart from not being able to eat it all! The service was fabulous, the staff were very friendly, and the food very good. We will return when in the area again.

1  Thank Louise F
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We booked to eat here after buying a Groupon deal ...the cost was approx £16...and the value of the food we could order was approx £35
We were greeted by a very miserable Waiter who said our starter would be a Poppadom..although on the deal it said we could have a Samosa or an Onion Bhaji .
I asked for a fizzy Mineral water but was told this was not part of the deal...so my husband drank the two " halves " of lager we were allowed and I had a bottle of wine... £ 15 in value.
Service was slow and the staff seemed extremely fed up ...perhaps fed up of Groupon people like ourselves ???
Main course was fine....but I did pay an additional £ 4 to have my main....as we were told we were only entitled to a £7.95 dish
I think with our poppadoms...2 mains and 1 rice and 1 Naan bread and 2 beers we actually recieved th e equivalent of £ 29......but paid £ 20 excess for my wine ...main course ...and a special rice.
I could excuse the discrepancy ....but the lack of Service has really put me off going back . I am sure staff get a little Jaded at times...but I really wanted to enjoy this...and wanted to return with Friends . Sadly this wont be the case .

3  Thank john r
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I came a couple of days ago to eat in with my friends.Inside the restaurant looks great and the staff service was very good as well.The food was very very tasty and the smell was real nice,not oily like other places i have eaten.I am very pleased and will come again soon.

1  Thank alam89
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

One of the best seafood dishes on the menu. Everytime I feel of having seafood Goan fish is the one. For all the seafood lovers this has to be a one to try out.

3  Thank Jahead S