“beautiful”

Holy Trinity Church
Ranked #14 of 82 things to do in Coventry
Reviewed March 10, 2013

really enjoyed looking around here a warm welcome inside and lots to see... a really beautiful place

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've lived in Coventry for over 30 years and have never been inside ( it looks closed )Having recently been to an interesting talk about mersicords ,I was keen to see them at this church. As we entered the volunteers were very friendly and pleased to see us ( not after our money !!) They gave us a free leaflet which gives the history of the church .
The medieval portions are well preserved .The Judgement day fresco is one of the most important features ,as are the beautiful stained glass windows .I asked about the mersicords and we were shown them ,very good examples and so many.
Of course churches need money for the upkeep and restoration but it was nice that we could donate without pressure unlike Coventry cathedral which demands a large entrance fee!!

2  Thank Mary38677
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The church is from medieval times and there are portions of it that have survived. A lot of restoration went into maintaining the building. The most interesting part is the Judgement day fresco. A leaflet at the entrance of the church will tell you its history.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Lovely peaceful church. Amazing doom painting. Very helpful large visual guide to it too. Take your time in here and read about the people who gave their lives so we are free now. Take some binoculars if handy as sometimes the church runs out if they're busy. Wish the fair trade shop was still there though:(

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I always love going to churches ..and what a beautiful coincidence i went to church at chrismas eve at holy trinity church and sung sermons , and had most peaceful expereince...
There were so many programmes held and beautiful way to feel spiritual and serene..
I had very uplifting expereince ..felt my energy back and being away from my family (im Indian) , this visit made me feel welcome in another country , motivated and inspired me to leave my homesickness and trust GOD and do what I came for in UK..
best time to visit- xmas eve ..and anytime you want to feel uplifted...
(I have visited in dec 2011 , but option nt available)