“Very pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #80 of 609 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Stonebridge Island. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Coventry’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Perhaps it's the food snob in me but I'm not generally a fan of carverys and tend to steer clear of them. So when my wife announced that we were going to one for her mum's birthday (back in June) I wasn't exactly jumping with joy.

However, I was really impressed with the Toby at Stonebridge for many reasons. Firstly, because I like decent beers I always dread the sort of places that generally tend to serve the dreaded creamflow bitter, but to my surprise they had a very good pint of Pedigree.

The whole place seemed nice and clean and the restaurant area had quite a pleasant feel to it. The waiting staff in the restaurant area were very friendly and helpful - especially the girl who welcomed us through and looked after us.

Eight of us sat at a table close to the food servery and all really enjoyed our meals. My choice of turkey was really nicely cooked and perhaps I was lucky that they brought out a fresh one just as I was going up to be served. The vegetables were perfectly acceptable and, let's face it, roast potatoes anywhere will never be as good as your mum's!

All in all, a surprisingly enjoyable experience. Perhaps eating on a weekday evening helped as I don't think I'd fancy a busy Sunday but I'd go again without too much arm twisting. Well done to Toby Stonebridge for changing my views of the carvery experience!

General Manager A, General Manager at Toby Carvery Stonebridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2018

Thanks for the review