“Tasty, flavoursome food a cut above most, but unfortunately was understaffed when I ate there.”
Review of Court 6 - CLOSED

Court 6
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

To be fair, anyone reading this review should note that we arrived at the tail end of what had obviously been a busy evening and this may have meant that Court 6 wasn't shown in its best light. However, the neon sign said "open", and we were paying customers, so here we go:
We were the only customers but the place had clearly been very busy as there was a lot of detritis lying about on uncleared tables. Nevertheless we received a warm welcome from the owner who explained that Court 6 doesn't sell alcohol. No problem to us.
We were rapidly issued with the mandatory pappadums and menus, and then immediately asked to order as the chef wanted to go home.
Order we did and the food rapidly arrived, delivered and served by the owner.
At this point, the chef departed and the owner started making arrangements to shut up shop.
Although we weren't asked to hurry up and leave, it appeared that we had already oustayed our welcome and I would not have been surprised if he hadn't started putting the chairs up around us. We quickly ate up and departed.
The food was good and I liked the simple system of ordering any meal as either mild, medium or hot. But the meal was rushed and I felt a bit short-changed as a result.

fisa97, Owner at Court 6, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for your fair and considered review of your experience at Court 6. Admittedly we had experienced a busy service that evening and were in various stages of clearing up when your party of 6 arrived at approx 11pm , the restaurant closes at midnight. Your order consisted of popadoms ,6 different mains accompanied by rice and nan and two large bottles of water. This came to approx 10 pounds per head. I'm sorry that you feel you had been shortchanged especially when I declined the tip and the gentleman insisted I take it. Under these circumstances I feel that you were obviously not satisfied with service and the leaving of the tip was unjustified and not deserved. I will double your tip and donate it to a local charity, I hope that you agree with this course of action. I was heartened to read however you enjoyed our food and hope you will visit us again.

There are newer reviews for Court 6

Reviewed April 26, 2013

friendly, attentive and happy to accommodate. We got to specify how hot we wanted our food and it was excellent. good portions sizes too.

You can take in your own alcohol and there is no corkage charge which is brilliant.

couldn't ask for a nicer wedding anniversary dinner and we will definitely be going again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great taste, well presented food, amazing service, good friendly atmosphere and real value for money - we loved it! I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Had a thoroughly enjoyable experience at court 6, the food and service was excellent. We took a bottle of wine with us and the food is reasonably priced for the large portions. Will be visiting again. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A limited menu but all the food we had was excellent. Not too spicy but all the dishes had good flavours. Small restaurant with the owners providing a personal service. 2 large starters, 2 mains and 2 rice dishes for under £30.