“Great Customer service”

Hoofin-About Horse Riding Holidays
More attraction details
Owner description: Horse riding holidays in the UK and the continentWe have been offering pony trekking trips and Horse Riding Holidays for over 40 years.In more recent years, since Foot and Mouth we ventured further afield and now take some fantastic trips abroad in Europe.Spain Ireland Italy Romania turkey Wales Germany and winter riding in the snow in Austria check the webb site Our reputation for good fun, execellent value for money and efficient courier service, along with reliable and friendly guides ensures you receive the personal attention required so that you and your horse have a great day.
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Had a great day out, my first with this group. The ride was well organised and confidence given to those who needed it. The two guys (George and Bill) who ran the trip took time to speak to everyone individually and make sure a great day was had by all. Will be returning.

2  Thank Emmatigger

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I booked this trip for me and 3 friends as something different to do and none of us could of believed what an amazing experience we had. Myself and one friend are regular riders and the other 2 had little experience but we all felt completely safe. I thought it was fantastic how the group was split into 2 (novices and more experienced who wanted to canter) which meant that if you didn't feel confident there was no pressure to canter and for those who did want it we weren't held back.
The views were absolutely breathtaking, you could see for miles. I rode King who I loved, the horses were all just incredible and we all felt confident in their ability which helped you relax alot. We were picked up and dropped back by George in the minibus which made the day even better as we didn't have to worry about the journey there and back. Worth every penny and more.
We will definately be back and have also recommended it to other friends too :-)

2  Thank SMTB84
Reviewed July 9, 2012

So pleased that I finally got around to booking this wonderful day trip!!
I used to go pony trekking in Wales as a kid with George Fearn - so I was really keen to go back and do it again.... this time I took my husband (no riding experience) and three kids (beginners) and my mum came too, and it totally lived up to my expectations
the horses were lovely, nice and safe for the children, they were able to really enjoy the experience without being afraid - and for the more experienced riders plenty of opportunities for a canter (the group split into two sometimes depending on who wanted to canter )
the scenery is beautiful up there - best way to view it from on top of a horse!!
We had such a lovely day - the weather forecast was heavy rain, but as we got up into the brecon beacons the sun came out and stayed out pretty much all day....
I would recommend comfy trousers / jodhpurs, and a lightweight rainjacket is a must - also gloves (even in summer - your fingers can get sore from holding the reins)
I would recommend this trip to everyone - If you like horses and fresh air then its a great way to spend your weekend! good fun for beginners and experienced riders..... Its also good value as you get about 4/5 hours riding which would cost a lot more in a riding school!
we all absolutely loved it and cant wait to go again!! will definitely be re- booking!

2  Thank HelenJackson
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This was my first trip with hoofin-about and it won't be my last! Had an amazing time, everyone was very friendly and the scenery was stunning! The horses themselves are sturdy and in the case of the horse I was paired up with, fast also! We did plenty of cantering and a cheeky gallop :-) It caters for all abilities so even if you've never ridden before its still great! All in all it was a fantastic experience and one I intend to have time and time again!

3  Thank Moodymuppet
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Ive been to hoofin-about two times with my mum&dad as they can ride aswell, one with george fearn&one without, the first one was more exhillerating because everyone could ride on that one so we got loads of canters, on the second one there were some people who had never rode before and whilst we still enjoyed ourself we only got around 4 or 5 canters&it was only my mum dad&I actually doing them. The views are stunning on whatever route you go&I know im going back again next year. If your thinking of booking a horse I would recomend Penny&Merlin, Thanks for reading

4  Thank littlemscheekychops
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

HI Thank you for your comments I have been taking people horse riding /pony-trekking from the midlands and many other parts of the world since 1969
At this centre they take you out in one group so therefore it is possible to end up with a lot of beginners with people also that are good riders in the same group
REMEMBER YOU CAN ONLY GO AS FAST AS THE SLOWEST ONE IN THE GROUP
With people that come on the coach with me if you remember we have coloured elastic bands that fit on the persons riding hat this way I can distinguish the different abilities from riders to beginners
This way we make sure you get the right sort of horse/pony for you to walk-trot or canter and give you the best day possible
This year with the weather being so bad all riding establishments are feeling the pinch
And a bad winter I can see a lot of them closing down or thinning out the horses as the cost for feed and insurances keep rises so please we would love the have you and yes Merlin is still there for you to ride next time and thanks again for writing your experiences with hoofin-about horse riding holidays George Fearn (owner)