“First time experience”

The Millpool
Ranked #18 of 614 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Millpool offers traditional ales and home cooked food in relaxed and clean surroundings. Try us today you wont be disappointed
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Went as neighbor always goes, outside does not give the inside any favors, polite staff and a nice feeling inside but the food I had was the worst hunters chicken I have ever eaten. Chicken, Bacon BBQ Sauce & Cheese over powered by the taste of charcoal. It went through me like a rocket, my wife enjoyed her fish but had to pay above the norm, its a pub with expensive taste

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Arrived in Coventry friday 21 with 3 friends and had poor (albeit cheap) experience at the nearby Toby Carvery which will be the subject of a quite different review! Checked tripadvisor and very impressed by the reviews of Millpool and the fact that someone called Tom took the trouble to respond to most of them. So, last saturday 22 Feb I took 3 friends to Millpool. Fairly ordinary looking pub but very clean and clearly focussed on food offer but no obvious association with any chain. Staff very attentive and well trained in particular one gentleman who worked at 100mph but still took time to check we were happy. Food arrived quite quickly despite it being a busy saturday night and was superb, we are fussy eaters, we had different dishes and we were all impressed. How about this..... one of my party said his beer tasted strange, the 100 mph guy immediately agreed, replaced it then gave the rest of us the next drink free of charge, no quibble!. On leaving i asked 100 mph guy who is Tom?, wanting to give credit where due, wasn't surprised when he said he was Tom! I was able to give him this feedback and he shook my hand, great guy, credit to his employer, wish he worked for me! Go to Millpool if you are in Coventry, you won't be disappointed as long as Tom is there. Well done!

1  Thank Alan W
Millpool C, Manager at The Millpool, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Alan W,

Not gonna lie i did do a little dance around the office when i read your review, very high praise and greatly appreciated, not sure any of my team would believe i was working at 100mph though haha

In all seriousness i'm really glad you enjoyed your time with us, it was a pleasure serving your table.

Obviously for me to be able to run around at 100mph requires a great team working with me at just as quick a pace on what was a very busy night so a big nod to them they worked very hard

Now will you please excuse me while I call my gaffa to request a pay rise haha

Many Thanks

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Starters and main courses took a while to arrive, considering the pub wasn't too busy. Saying that, the food was tasty and well presented. The Stilton sauce I ordered with my steak was awesome and the steak itself was perfect. The kids food also looked good, no complaints from ours anyway!!

Would certainly come back to The Millpool.

1  Thank SecondBurner

Dear SecondBurner,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give our business, I apoligise that the food wasn't as quick you'd hoped and i'll be sure to push the lads on getting the food out as quickly, glad you enjoyed it though and the little ones were happy.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, check out our facebook page too always stuff going on for the kids i.e kids eat for £1 at half term, and family fun days etc

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Went for Valentine's Day last night and had the 3 course set menu for £12 which I thought was great value for money. We had the sharing platter to start with which consisted of Garlic Bread, Onion Rings, Chicken Wings and Breaded Mushrooms. All lovely apart from the Onion Rings, they were full of grease and couldn't even taste the onion which was a shame so I recommend changing them! I then had the veg and cheese Wellington which was beautiful! Couldn't get enough of it. My partner had fish and chips to which he got two pieces of fish and was impressed. We finished with fudge cake which again, was beautiful!
Will definitely come back, the waitress who bought the food out was very friendly and smiley. All in all, a very good night.

Dear Elena W,

Thank you for taking the time to give our business a review, very glad you enjoyed the food and felt you got great value for money, with regards to the onion rings ive spoken to the chefs and we've changed the type of onions we use to give more flavour and altered the thickness of the batter so as it doesn't hold as much grease.

I told the girls you found the waitress very friendly and smiley, cue the argument as to who served you haha, you'll have to come back and settle that one for us.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have been with friends and family in the week and for Sunday roast each meal was enjoyed by all, for the prices it was a good standard and served in good clean conditions with friendly staff.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Dear Annette E,

Thank you for taking the time to give our business a review always nice to get feedback, not just about our food but about cleanliness and staff, makes all the hard work worthwhile.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future