“Excellent Hotel & Restaurant, Wonderful service”
Review of The Jacobean Hotel

The Jacobean Hotel
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Leicester
“Excellent Hotel & Restaurant, Wonderful service”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We stayed for one night in this wonderful hotel.
They describe themselves on line as a budget option & indeed the prce was very very reasonable. However the service & quality of the staff was so far removed from what
I would expect for a budget hotel. Everything from check in to the quality of the room was great. The kitchen were flexible & helpful when my hsband wanted dish that wasn't on the menu & the food was absolutely fantastic. I would stay here again and again!

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Scottish Borders, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We didn't stay in the hotel, but booked in for a funeral tea. We didn't have much idea of what to organize, but the gentleman who was running the restaurant was extremely helpful, & made some sensible suggestions for us. So that we had some light refreshments ready on our arrival. All this was done at very short notice and was delicious. I can't praise him highly enough for his courtesy & kindness. Also very politely attentive to our family and friends whilst we were there, I like this hotel, if I'm ever in Coventry again I will certainly book a room here

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
warwickshire
Reviewed January 4, 2011

we spent christmas day at this resturant with family members, the meal was very dissapointing, small portions and very sparse vegatable selection. one member of our party had to send her halibut back twice as it was so dry, another had a minute serving of beef, which was nowhere nearly enough for a man to eat. Considering they were charging £ 75 per head I definatly would not say it was worth anything near this amount. The staff were very helpful but this didnt compensate for the very poor meal! and being Christmas day it certainly took the edge off our day.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank wolstonlot3640
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I have stayed here for work a few times now and although the location suits me I find some aspects frustrating. Evening meals are overpriced and quite small. They try to be an up market restaurant but sadly fail. If you are hungry walk over the road and fill up with a cheap but substantial carvery.
The rooms are well equipped but the cheap duvets are always too hot and uncomfortable.

Don't trust the showers to maintain temperature. They vary wildly with no warning either crashing to icy cold or soaring to scalding hot.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank Muddymike0
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I stayed at this hotel around the New Year (and have stayed here previously, for a longer period, in 2008) and, overall, in my experience, this is a very good hotel.

The hotel has a bit of the Old England type of decor, which works out well in the setting, while rooms are relatively modern, with pleasant beds and good working desk. The bathroom is adequate. Free Internet is available, breakfast is excellent and staff are possibly not excessively friendly at first, but OK overall (I should add that, back in 2008, they had a staff member named Kelly, who was really very nice).

Back in 2008, the real bonus of this place was the excellent, but slightly expensive, restaurant. This time around, it wasn't possible to have dinner there (I don't remember the reason), which was a shame.

I was slightly overcharged for my stay, but this was correctly settled after insisting just a bit, a few weeks later. Although I don't expect to be back in the area again soon, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Wigan
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Stayed here for one night over the August Bank Holiday. Very easy to find and not far from the city center (fairly cheap parking in the center also). Ample parking at the hotel. Receptionist was polite, efficient and helpful. The room was on the first floor and was a decent size, there was a big double bed (which was very comfortable too), 2 bedside tables, wardrobe and desk with chair along with a flat screen tv. It also had beams running across the ceiling which I thought made it look ever more beautiful
Bathroom was spotless and well kept, with plenty of towels.
Went down into the bar area for some food at around 9pm and even though the chef had started to shut the kitchen we were told that this was not a problem and we could order. The food came quickly, was reasonably priced and tasted good.
All in all the hotel was perfect for what I booked it for and will definately stop here again if i'm down that way

• Stayed August 2010
uk
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Terrible service!

Hotel room unavailable as there was a leak. Sent to a 1* BnB down the road instead which was awful. I was charged £66 for the pleasure and the staff and Brooklands Gange Hotel have been awful following the complaint. The manager David Micheal is particulary rude and unhelpful. I have still not received any money back and all I have had is bad service.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple