Days Hotel Coventry
ABC Motels(Coventry)
  • Room Service
Hylands Hotel(Coventry)
View Hotel
All reviewscity centreindian menuincluding continental breakfastfull englishring roadwould stay againhotel restaurantroom was clean and comfortablebooked this hotelyogurtstayed for one nightbar areafi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is my second and last stay in this hotel. I come to Coventry once a year for the Ice Hockey playoffs and for the last two years have stayed in this hotel. Last year I had a bad experience but gave them a second chance this year, I won't be making the same mistake again next year.

The housekeeping team at this hotel are, shall we say, not too thorough. Last time I found a fake fingernail and a ring in my room, this year there were crumbs on the carpet, the previous occupants empty coffee sachets on the floor and a bin full of rubbish. The bathroom door also had a lovely hole in the bottom of it. I don't expect miracles from a budget hotel but I do at least expect the room to be clean and tidy.

The room I stayed in (213) had a light at one end of the room (the bathroom end) and the bed at the other. The bed end is quite dark so a bedside lamp is provided, however the lampshade on mine was simply balanced on the light as it had been snapped and it also made a terrible buzzing sound which was quite offputting when trying to read a book.

I took the lamp to reception and asked for another and also mentioned the housekeeping team had done a poor job. To be fair, a replacement lamp was delivered to my room about half hour later - this one didn't buzz but did look a bit worse for wear.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
dayshotelcoventry, General Manager at Days Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review and I must say that I was very much disappointed with cleanliness issues. I have discussed this in detail with the Executive Housekeeper and measures have been taken to ensure the guest get a clean room which is a basic expectation for every guest. I am sorry that this stay of yours was not good and I do appreciate you giving us a second chance.

I must also say, that if you would have told us during your stay I would have made it right for you. I was dismayed to know that that the lamp was making noise and it was inconvenient for you to read. Please accept my profuse apologies for the inconvenience caused and I can assure you that this is certainly not the hospitality we provide at the Days Hotel. Your feedback is paramount to initiate positive changes.

Once again, Inconvenience is deeply regretted.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

The basics are barely adequate, the beds are hard, the pillow thin, the room was cold. We did ask for extra pillows and they did arrive, but only after we chased the issue. There are marks all over the walls, the carpets in the corridor are threadbare, light fittings in the bathroom loose and hanging, toilet seat loose, tap falls apart in your hand. The cooked breakfast you can pay extra for was very greasy. It's not the worst hotel I've been in, but I won't be coming back.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, Please accept my sincere apologies for inconvenience you faced during your stay with us but I would have appreciated if you could have mentioned to us whilst you were here and we would have made it right for you rather than you leaving with a sour taste.

Having said that I have shared the feedback with the staff members to ensure such issues are not repeated.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed here for a works do and couldn't believe how great the location is for the city centre with free parking and all for £40. Rooms definitely need an upgrade, but the staff were lovely, and you just can't beat the value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
dayshotelcoventry, General Manager at Days Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for such a lovely review and I am glad that we lived up to your expectations.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Upon arrival to my room, I was greeted with the unexpected gift of a beaker stuffed with used condoms and tissues that was left on display on the counter above the bathroom sink.

It appears that the Days Hotel is used by foreign students as an all night drinking & partying venue. The first night I was kept awake until 03:30 despite numerous face to face requests to reception to change my room. Ideally I would have called reception but the telephone in the room had apparently been stolen.
The second night was much worse, I finally got myself moved to an alternative room (complete with blocked toilet) at 03:45 after numerous requests to reception & the non stop smoke alarms going off triggered by the in-room smoking from party of eight (yes I counted them) in the room opposite.

The nights are best described as a venue for anarchic drinking/smoking/shouting all night room swapping parties.

To sum up, this is the worst place I have ever stayed, I genuinely would rather opt for a night in the local police cells than return top that place.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review, Oh dear indeed...Firstly, as a valued guest i would have thought you would have spoken to us before leaving the Hotel or even on the night, so you did not leave with a "sour taste int he mouth" so to speak, as you say your previous stays have have been good ones, so a one off incident could have been dealt with there & then.

Like i said above & on many other replies, if anyone has an issue, please speak to us whilst with us, as we are here to help & we want you to go away, with the feeling that you want to return.

I was dismayed to know that room had issues and I have shared your feedback with the Housekeeping to ensure issues are repetitory. I have also briefed the team to keep the noise levels at minimum to respect the sleep of other guests.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I'm currently in room 308 in this city hotel. I'm on the third floor and was horrified to see the cheap and nasty wood flooring! I would like to meet the fool who thought that was a good idea! You can hear people moving around everywhere!! The room smells very damp and could do with a good clean, dust everywhere!! Never using this one again!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deb86

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review, I have to say that I am really disappointed by the comments, which have been put on this site. Its not what happened but the way it has been put is not I am not happy with.

Please accept our apologies for if you did not like the wooden flooring in the room, if that was the case then you could have just asked and we would have moved you to a different room.

I would have really appreciated if you could have mentioned this during your stay and we would have made it right for you rather than leaving with a "sour taste"

I do hope that you get the opportunity to come back soon.