Days Hotel Coventry
$75
$76
$74
  • Restaurant
All reviewscity centreindian menuincluding continental breakfastfull englishring roadwould stay againhotel restaurantroom was clean and comfortablebooked this hotelyogurtstayed for one nightbar areafi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I actually enjoyed my stay here, got a small room the first two nights, i forgot to complain.. Lol... But when i did i was given two keys and allowed to choose a room, Which was good customer service... Good staff mostly... They allowed us check-in about 3hrs early with no charge.. Overall an enjoyable stay

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have stayed twice in the last couple of weeks. Reception staff very friendly and helpful, hotel and room very clean although one wall was suffering with damp. Restaurant/bar manager couldn't do enough to make sure all patrons were comfortable and served in a timely fashion. I will be be returning next week.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WearyBob
Reviewed November 30, 2013

After booking Days Hotel checked reviews on Tripadvisor. Very mixed. Some very unpleasant.
Well we got lucky! Very welcoming and efficient Receptionist. Room, spacious, clean, and provided with accessories listed on their site. Bathroom clean, big and warm. Again kitted out as stated.
Went to bar for pre-dinner drinks.Staff welcoming, efficient and pleasant. Food and drink, good quality, well prepared & well served. Service good without being intrusive. Good prices!
Slept well for a Friday night in a "clubbing" city. Good plentiful breakfast in room rate!
As they say "up north" there are some folk you'll never satisfy. They've been to Days Hotel Coventry. Don't let them put you off. We'll go back when we need to be in that neck of the woods.

Room Tip: Trust the receptionist.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed here for two nights with my girlfriend last week as we both graduated. After going to university in Coventry for the last few years, we knew that this hotel was just outside the ring road and therefore the city centre would be easily accessible. I actually can't fault the place. We had a lovely stay and we'd definitely return if we needed to stay in Coventry again. Originally I booked one night myself and my girlfriend booked the following night separately and the staff at the reception had no problem merging our bookings so we could stay in the same room both nights.

In fact the staff were really attentive and wonderful. Everything we needed was taken care of, sometimes without us even asking. The room was cleaned regularly, too. The only problems we did have (which I must stress are minor) were the wifi being a bit sporadic (but it is free and you're in the centre of Coventry so it's not a major issue when there's so much to see and do). Also, our room had very low roof-like loft ceilings. I am 6 foot 3 and there were clear signs warning you in case you banged your head, so I'm not too bothered about it personally but thought it might be worth a mention!

I didn't sleep well myself but I put this down to pre-graduation nerves the one night and the fact we both went for a night out the following night and didn't get back until late! The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were fine.

Anyway, fantastic stay, very clean, great location, fantastic staff. And for £39 a night, I can't fault the value.

Room Tip: Pick a room high up to avoid some of the noise from traffic outside!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while in Coventry for my daughter's graduation and whilst it's never going to compete with the 4* establishments, it's as near as dammit in the centre of the city, offers reasonably priced, clean and tidy accommodation and, for an extra fiver, does a very good full English breakfast, cooked fresh to order.

There were a couple of minor niggles - the shower took a bit adjusting to get a decent temperature, and no matter how I plastered the shower curtain to the wall, a small amount of water still managed to leak onto the bathroom floor. Also, the radiator in our bedroom needed bleeding, as the heat only made it halfway up! Lastly, the pillows weren't the most comfortable, but given that I don't sleep very well anywhere other than my own bed, that was to be expected!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family