“Not as bad as some of the reviews but not brilliant either”

Days Hotel Coventry
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Faversham, United Kingdom
“Not as bad as some of the reviews but not brilliant either”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at the Days Hotel on the 2nd July before a conference, I was dreading it after reading some of the reviews but to be fair its not as bad as some places I've stayed at before, but then again I've stayed in better too. If you are expecting Holiday Inn, Hilton or Ramada, then don't bother, you get what you pay for, basic room, clean ish, for 45.00 but the maintenance needs to be addressed, broken wardrobe, blocked spy hole in door, no double glazing, and wafer thin walls, Bed old but not too bad, appreciated the wake up call from the hotel laundry at 0600, NOT! Car park really tight and lack of signage on how to get there off the ring road, reception chaotic, a poor lady in front of me had the room given to someone else, then they expected her to sign for it, still there 90 mins later sorting it out. If you need a cheap bed, book it, if you want comfort and luxury, I'd choose somewhere else

Room Tip: avoid rooms that face onto the main road
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank katysdaddy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend and you really get what you pay for which isnt alot. We didnt have much choice as we were at a function across the road from the hotel and thought it would do for 1 night. The staff didnt have a clue what to do when we checked in, we were then told if we paid cash we had to leave a £50 cash deposit in a brown envelope? never heard of that before, also made feel like criminals because paid in scottish and irish bank notes. Absolute joke.We were then given our room for 3, which was ok in size but dated and dirty, the bathroom had wires and all sorts hanging out the walls. When we arrived back around 2am after the function we were then subjected to some sort of security process that i have never came across in any other hotel. Slept ok but its on the corner of 2 very busy roads. Breakfast? its ok if you like toast since thats all thats seemed to be on offer.

north wales
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The food in this hotel was excellent, free continental breakfast was great, the room was clean and well worth the 50 pound I paid,, only one thing about this hotel, no seating area for smokers, but apart from that the hotel was lovely and staff were very friendly, travelled on my own and I felt safe in this hotel, and the food was very very lush

2 Thank hobson4
Ivybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

For £44 per night, including continental breakfast and wi-fi, this was a really good value hotel. It is clean, bright and modern.
I have paid a lot more, for a lot less.
There was plenty of parking and it was an easy 15 minute walk into the centre of Coventry.
Not 5 star by any means, but perfectly good enough.
I ate in on one night. The wait for food was too long, then part of my order was forgotten, so had to be re-ordered, but I was refunded for that item.

1 Thank Andrea M
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed in the hotel, was greeted by an obnoxious lady at the front desk who was more interested in playing on her phone that listening to me. I upgraded to a suite (which wasn't too bad) shortly after a group of friends came to meet me before we went out. They were refused entry as they were not staying in the room. This is the 1st time I've ever had people refused entry to a hotel in my life & I stay in 1 per week through work. I questioned why & after 15 mins of negotiating we were allowed to use the suite. Later on in the night I bought a girl back to the hotel and was told she couldn't come in. I negotiated again and then 3 days after noticed more money was taken from my card. I called and asked why to which they manager told me "for the extra guest" and then he put the phone down. I went to the hotel he tried arguing and then refunded my money.

It seems in the hotel they will try ANYTHING they can to be difficult and make extra money and unless you query it they wont change their ways.

DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: If you want a good room, stay elsewhere..
Penrith, Cumbria.
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had to attend an exhibition at Stoneleigh Park, near Coventry, on 17th May.
I searched the internet for about two hours without any luck, it seems a lot more people were attending and had the same idea.
Strangely , one name kept popping up 'Days Hotel Coventry'. I thought ,this one cant be much kop, and tried again.
In the end I had no choice but to book it, and did I have to eat my words! it was great, mind you, good job I had a Satnav, to help me find it, as I am a total stranger to that part of the world.
It is a medium sized hotel, about ninety rooms, clean, comfortable, nicely furnished, and decorated, not at all what I expected, and reasonably priced for a city.
I had a nice reception when I arrived,from the staff, who could not do enough for you, especially the manager John Lobo, who found me a disabled room which had all the necessary facilities, making things easier for me, on the ground floor, (the hotel does have a lift).
There is a nice comfortable bar, with a good selection of reasonably priced drinks, the hotel policy, is to keep costs down for you, you can have meals here too, but there is also a very good dining room, and the food is wonderful.
There is a large Asian population around this area, so there are two menus, one British, one Indian, with about twelve items on each, I am a curry fan so it made my day, as it was a good one too.
I enjoyed my stay which was for two nights, and would not hesitate to return, if I ever find myself in the midlands again.

Room Tip: There is a limited sized car park, so get there in good time at night.
4 Thank Ian L
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great location for new, terrible parking not enough spaces and lower car park is terrible. Good rooms for price though. Second time we have stayed and second time we have had issues with rooms when we had reservations, need to be more organised