“Great Location”

Days Hotel Coventry
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here with the missus for a concert in the Ricoh Arena. Typical cheap hotel. Friendly staff, clean rooms albeit in bad need of refurbishment. Great location within walking distance of Coventry city centre.

Room Tip: Ask for extra pillows!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel for an event and got a bit of a bargain at £35 which included breakfast. I got what I expected, great location and really cheap with friendly staff. The room I stopped in is in massive need of a refurb, paint was chipped, bath had seen better days and generally it looked old and tatty but was clean enough. I think for the money it was fine and I knew what to expect. The reception and bar area was pleasant and the staff were helpful. For £35 you can't complain.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Entering the foyer things were looking promising . Very friendly staff and efficient check in . We had a triple room (15) . One double and one single which are a good size . The decor looked a little dated and rather musty. all facilities in the room included tea/coffee, trouser press, iron and board, hairdryer . Overlooking road junction so was a little noisy with traffic even with window closed but notso distracting that you couldnt get to sleep. Breakfast continental buffet was included in our price (£89) but you could have full English for an extra £5. Restaurant was very noisy and more like a canteen . There were two bar areas . The foyer bar which opened at 10pm was a basic bar and the only place to sit and have a drink was in the foyer area . The main bar was closed at 10pm so we didnt get a chance to use albeit 5 yards away. The fridge and till weren't working so staff had to go to the main bar to complete any orders . The foyer bar was not kept clean and looked shabby .
Parking at the hotel is free but a little tight . Taxis arrive quickly and cost about £5 to get to the cathedral.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I visited this hotel with my partner as we was going for a day event in kenilworth which wasnt far. Hotel was great location as only 5 mins walk into town centre which was very pleasing, every shop you could want.
Im from essex and went COSMO restuarant in the town, you must go same price as other buffets but excellent food.
Food in hotel was very good for evening meal but hot breakfast was definitely not worth £5, you would blink and miss it. As for other breakfast facilities was all very good.
We stayed in a room on the extension part of hotel which was almost like a loft conversion, it was clean but far to old fashioned, rooms are nothing like the professional picture you see.
Found the gentlemen staff very polite but the lady receptionist/boss was very rude and not at all helpful with anything.
overall i would stay here again as it was alot cheaper than anywhere else this close to town but next time i would demand a better room.

Room Tip: Try to stay in main hotel building not extension as rooms should be better.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was my first time staying in the Days Hotel in Coventry but i needed a triple room and I was quite happy with my choice. It is about 8-10 minute walk to the shopping area over a footbridge across the ring road. The area is mainly residential but there is a busy street close to the hotel. However the traffic noise did not bother us and we were only one floor up. But ask for a higher room facing the city and you should have a nice view. There is a Londis shop next door and a beautiful catholic church around the corner. The decor is basic and a bit dated but other than that I would be happy to recommend it. I found Ali to be very helpful when making the booking.

Room Tip: Request a upper floor room facing the city and you should have a nice view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I chose this hotel because it one of the rare hotels in Coventry that had a triple, was economical, not too far from the city centre and had free parking. I booked through Lastminute and it quite clearly said it was prepaid on my customer information, and Lastminute had been paid on booking.
When we tried to check in we had quite some argy bargy with the receptionist and duty manager who said the room wasnt paid for. They gave me documents to sign, that had my name on, but the wrong address and wrong credit card details, I refused to sign. They still wouldnt have it that I had pre paid, trying to insist that I give them my credit card details and then if they were wrong I could claim the money back. I knew I wasnt wrong, but the stress of having to go through this was unpleasant. When we pointed out that it was non refundable so even if I hadnt shown up they still would have been paid their version changed again. I think their paperwork was in a mess and accounts had been mixed up. Being in the industry I am not frightened of pointing out my rights and how things should be handled. They backed down and just wanted us out of reception pronto, the duty manager left the receptionist to it, who then proceeded to take a call and at the same time try and sort out our key, we then had to ask for another key and directions to the room whilst she was dealing with the phone call. No details were given about check out, breakfast etc. When we got to the room we still weren't sure if in the morning we were going to have the same palaver again. The actual room was spacious and the bathroom fine with a good shower. Shame it was let down but frontline staff not clear of their facts.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were pleasantly suprised when we arrived at this hotel. We got a good deal through Booking.com and with the price we paid I was expecting something similar to the Days Inn we stayed at in Bristol but it was much better than that.
The hotel is close to the city centre, about a 20 minute walk with a footbridge across the busy ring road. There seemed to be plenty of parking and the hotel has free wifi in the rooms.
Our room was clean and tidy and suited our needs well.
Our rate included breakfast which was only a continental one but it satisfied us.
The staff were helpful checkin went smoothly.
I would recommend this to the budget traveller.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple