“Fair value hotel not far from the City centre”

Days Hotel Coventry
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed August 27, 2012

A fair value hotel a little tucked away outside the ring road but only ten minutes or so on foot from the City centre. Courteous and friendly reception and comfortable room with all the amenities you'd expect (good selection of hot drinks including chocolate, welcome in the evening). Satisfactory but not exceptional cleanliness in room, public areas very good; it was quiet and I had a good nights' sleep (I stayed for two nights). There was a copious breakfast included in the price-pastries, toast, cereals, drinks, yoghurt...with full English as an optional extra.There is a bar and restaurant with sports TV on, and tabloid newspapers in the foyer. I only tried the restaurant once and it was quite satisfactory. All in all a good choice for a City break or business trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Well what can I say? totally appaulled by this hotel!!
I booked via bookings.com, pictures looked lovely an it was reasonably priced.. what false advertisment.
I called the hotel in advance and asked if they had received payment as I booked using my card and was advises payment was received. I arrived to check in and was a little early, the receptionist advised I could leave my bags and bubbly for safe keeping at the counter and I went for a walk. When I came back to check-in my bubbly had dissappeared and I was then told my room was not paid for... shocked I paid and asked for my bubbly to which I got 'oh its gone never mind' I got to my room and that was even worse.
The wallpaper was hanging off all parts of the walls, blacks dirt marks all over the wallpaper, the bathroom was even
more worse. The shower head had dirt in it, I had to clean this before use, ther was mold everywhere, disgusting, when I was having a shower the shower fixture fell off the wall to which my partner then had to fix, when we left it was not properly fitted and I doubt it will get sorted. The food in the restuarant was extremely limited and every meal I ordered over 2 days was poorly cooked and looked like it was meant to build a house than it was edable, the bed was broken, extremely jard and uncomfortable with only one tiny thin pillow, when I asked for another one I was told 'wait we'r busy' and when I went to reception the lady behind the desk was more interested in arguing with a person on the phone about rumours in the workplace.
I am appaulled and I am taking matters further because some things are a serious health and saftey issue... I will also be seaking a refund of monies.
There are other hotels in the area, I suggest you go to them and stay away from this hotel!!!

3  Thank Rae_Perez_Martin
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The only positive aspect I can say is that the hotel is very clean but past that it is simply awful. My wife and I arrived on Friday morning but were too early for check in, fair enough not a problem, we thought we'd leave the bags and go into town for a wander around, the girl behind the desk offered to hold our bags safe which was nice, we also asked that we left a bottle of champagne we'd brought with us be kept behind, as it is our anniversary we thought we's like to crack it open later that evening. When we returned there was a different girl behind the counter after a shift change and our bottle had mysteriously disappeared!!! The room is dingy and there were groups of lads returning late into the evening making an awful noise. We ate in the resteraunt in the evening, my wife had the lasagne, I tried it and wasn't sure wether it was intended to eat or sure up an outside wall,breakfast wasn't much better, a cobbled together selection of yesterdays pastries, some fruit and cereal and a toaster with bread so thin you could read the paper through it. The hotel offers free wifi, which you can't pick up the use of in the room or resteraunt so your confined to parking yourself in reception with all the comings and goings if you need the Internet at all.
All in all coventry is a lovely place, my recommendation, visit the city and stay somewhere else, much better on offer for the price paid

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed from aug 7th to 11th 2012. Excellent staff very helpful, polite and friendly. Very clean hotel, rooms thoroughly cleaned every day, common areas spotless. Nice sized room with good tea/coffee making facilities which were replenished every day. Very good breakfast included in price, self service cereals, fruit, yogurt, toast, croissants etc (cooked breakfast available for extra charge) everything fresh and plentiful. Didn't try restaurant so can't comment on that.. only had Indian food available when I inquired though. Rooms were comfortable and had tv/hair dryer/ironing facilities. Slightly dated decor and our room overlooking a very busy road so had a bit of traffic noise when trying to sleep. Bring earplugs if u a light sleeper like me or ask for a room overlooking carpark at back. Very convenient location to town, only a 5mn walk over a footbridge and you right in centre of things, shops, restaurants, bars etc. Close to bus/train stations, reception will call a taxi for you if u don't feel like walking. Overall a very pleasant stay for a very good price and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anybody for a short/long stay for business (forgot to mention free wifi..very
handy) or pleasure.

1  Thank jellym
Reviewed July 22, 2012

fair value but let down by peeling wallpaper in room and mould around the bath ! also only food available on saturday night was indian !!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Hotel staff where friendly and helpful , Could do with a bit of TLC on the decor .
Room was of good size and has everything you would need , mattress was a bit hard ( had better in cheaper hotels ) .
Breakfast came luke warm : ( not good when you have a full day ahead its breakfast importmant meal of the day .
Shower head came off and flooded the bathroom.
Parking was good.
Overall had a pleasant stay they just need to update things

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank claire a
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Last minute interenetbooking and we got a great offer for a Saturday night.
Good value for money, clean and friendly?
Do not ask for more on the road

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple