“Pleasant”
Review of Allesley Hotel

Allesley Hotel
Ranked #34 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I think the hotel compromises of some very beautiful rooms and decorations, in particular the crystal ball suite. Overall the staff were very helpful and well organised. I personally, would recommend the venue for any occasion.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mitesh P

Reviewed April 21, 2014

During my stay at the Allesley hotel I couldn't have asked for a better service. Great staff, excellent management and glamour, elegance and beauty shone all around the venue it's the perfect place for any occasion: whether it be a party, wedding or even a cosy night in
Celebrations are made worthwhile here!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank janaki8
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I recently stayed at the Allesley Hotel whilst working in Tyseley, Birmingham. Overall the staff were very friendly and helpful with excellent customer service. My room was on the second floor serviced by a lift. The bed was comfortable and tea making facilities were replenished daily. The shower was in good working order with clean towels supplied. I was working nights during my stay and the night porter was extremely helpful. All in all an excellent stay and great value for money. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ray J
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Booked this Hotel through Groupon offer, Convenient as we were visiting the NEC.
Read all these reviews after booking! To say i was wary was an understatement. However on arrival the hotel was grand and very impressive, we were offered an upgrade to the honeymoon suite upon check in. Receptionist was very helpful, even escorted us to our room as it was in an exclusive part of the hotel grounds.
Breakfast was cooked to order on the first morning then buffet the next. Overall it was a nice cheap weekend away.

Room Tip: Room 58 :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mani K
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We chose to stay at the Allesley hotel as we were attending a family wedding. We decided to make a weekend out of the event and stayed a extra night. The service was as we received it the moment we walked in. Helpful, great customer service and all staff have a cando attitude. The food was lovely with lots of dishes to choose from.
The wifi was complimentary and staff were always at hand to assist. The bedroom in the bedroom was helpful. I just had to remember to press 0 for reception.
Will return soon

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rebecca C
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised at how good the hotel was after reading lots of negative reviews.
Reception staff were pleasant and helpful and we had a nice room on the first floor.
Breakfast was fine although there was a bit of a wait for more food to be brought out, as there were a lot of guests on the Sunday morning.
Did not have any other meals at the hotel but had a few drinks at the pub a couple of doors away and there is a Harvester less than 5 minutes walk away.
It is only a few minutes drive from Coventry city centre which has got plenty of shops, restaurants etc.
We would recommend this hotel as it represents excellent value for money.

Room Tip: When booking ask for one of the refurbished rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keithannb
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Wanted to take my mother out for a lovely mothers day meal. Heard about the 3 course carvery so decided to come here....biggest mistake of my life!!! Arrived at hotel got told where to go and we would be 'greeted' at the restaurant....stood at a little table at front of restaurant for around 10 minutes did not see 1 member of staff apart from the chef and with my 5 year old daughter moaning her feet hurt i decided to sit down at a table after 5 minutes a waitress (i think) asked if we had been served....obviously not! Took drinks order n didnt see her again. A different woman took our starter order..which came not long after but could only be described as slop! My gloopy TINNED mushroom soup was vile. My mum had some sort of pate with a few bits of toast and my partner and daughter had melon, ice cream and some berries which she didnt eat which is a shock as she loves all 3 of these things at home. This being 20mins in i still have no drinks and i was getting annoyed at lack of service then was tipped over edge when my mother moved her side plate and felt something underneath, turned over to find crusty stale food from god knows how long!!!! That was it i had to get out and to top it off i was charged for the sloppy starters we didnt even eat!!!!!! I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISGUSTED AT A SO CALLED RESTAURANT AND LACK OF SERVICE I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO A HOMELESS PERSON TO EAT IN FOR FREE!!!

• Stayed: March 2014