“Lovely friendly, comfy place, rubbish wifi.”
Review of Allesley Hotel

Allesley Hotel
Ranked #34 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stay around this area a lot with work. The top end of my budget stretches to this place or a creepy b&b up the road. This hotel has all I look for, ample parking, friendly staff, comfy beds, big baths and massive tellys.

The one problem is the wifi. As a bored professional on the road I really need good wifi. I watch Netflix, mostly reruns of alan partridge and youtube videos of kittens but thats my problem. Of course I need the internets to do boring work stuff too but to be honest that tends to get on the back burner.

My one gripe is with the wifi coverage, I don't get any 3g on the phone round here so, sad as it seems I feel a bit cut off. I'm a geek, what can I say.

If you want a good nights sleep, safe in the knowledge that there's a friendly and attentive staff about that are friendly but never nosey then this is the place.

So would be a full 5 stars but I need the old t'internets. Those squirrel movies dont watch themselves.

Room Tip: look for the routers. middle floor or near the bar.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Wiz F

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, awesome ballroom, accommodation was great value for money, very nice to see Cabin Crew staying at this hotel, restaurant - good selection for food, breakfast served to order and not a buffet like most places. Great location.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Miah89
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We held our wedding reception at this hotel 40 years ago and thought we just had to come back for our Ruby wedding anniversary party.
We weren't disappointed, the staff were brilliant, nothing was too much trouble, they did everything we asked of them and were so patient.
The room was beautifully set up for us and very appropriate for the occasion.The buffet was delicious, there was a good mix of hot and cold food and plenty of it.
All our guests went home declaring it was the best party ever!
Some of us stayed overnight, none of us had any complaints about the accommodation and the breakfast was as good as I've ever had.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gilly M
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Spent a Thursday and Friday night at this hotel. On arrival at the large car park, we had a slight problem working out which was the reception as there were no signs. But, were pointed to the right door by some builders who were staying there. Reception was very helpful ad we went to our room (105). The room was quite large and very well furnished. Bed was comfortable and room warm and clean. Bathroom was clean with a bath/shower. Shower was great and water was hot. On the down side, we could not get a mobile phone signal in our room (o2 and 3 mobile) and the hotels wifi did not reach our room, though it did work in the bar at the end of the corridor. The location is good. Just off the A45 to Birmingham. We have stayed in several hotels in the area which are all similarly priced. We like this one and would use it again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter H
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 5, 2014

checked in for one night, large car park, reception area very nice but the room was quite big, I had no heating so it was cold and took about 10 min for shower to get warm. we did not eat in there as I could not see any restaurant open.
it was a one night stay over so I just put up with it.
the following morning we returned to our vehicle only to find the car park in total darkness and somebody had tried to get into t he back door damaging the handle and lock.
put me off staying again, but as a basic hotel it was ok

Room Tip: park as near to hotel entrance as possible
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 19, 2014

After looking for the hotel for the second time I finally found the hotel after a second trip round Coventry it is out of the way .

Finally got here and paid on arrival. i was told my credit card wasn't working so
Had to pay by cash and was told they needed my credit card details for security reasons
I didn't think anything of it .

The room was standard but the shower didn't work .

This wasn't the worst of it
I got my statement through from my credit card to find out they had charged me again even tho I had paid by cash .

I phoned up the hotel and was told the money would be refunded straight away and the reason was because they thought I didn't pay .
This wasn't the case after 10 phone calls and being told the same thing from the manger that they had refunded it and 1 and a half months later I finally got my my refund .
Liars and conmen beware

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Swindonblues
Matt T, Manager at Allesley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Please accept my apologies for the difficulties experienced. Upon further investigation it appears that an administration error caused the delay to the refund promised. It would never be our intention to duplicate payment and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. I do hope that you consider a return visit so that we can prove to you that your most recent experience does not offer a true reflection of the service offered at the Allesley Hotel. My apologies once again.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stay at the Allesley regularly it is a very friendly place with excellent facilities large well appointed rooms with Bath/Shower complimentary toiletries,Tea&Coffee and excellent large Flat screen TV The hotel has excellent road links and very quiet in a nice village but very close to the NEC,and major cities like Birmingham and Coventry just minutes away. The Allesley also has a beautiful huge function room,conference rooms ideal for Weddings and meetings alike.highly recommended and very good value for money

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Marc230
frequenthoteluser37, General Manager at Allesley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for your recent feedback. Your comments have been circulated around the team at the hotel who would like to convey their appreciation also. A lot of work has been undertaken to bring the Allesley back to be one of the best venues and accommodation providers in the area. It is good to hear that the hard work and commitment by the owners and team here is being recognised and rewarded by your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Allesley in the future.