“Lovely hotel great location”
Review of Allesley Hotel

Allesley Hotel
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
“Lovely hotel great location”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here for one night, could do with updating but overall was nice friendly staff they have alot of weddings there too, big tv in bedroom renevated bathroom nice pub just down the road.. would defonatly stay again and recommend friends

• Stayed July 2012
frequenthoteluser37, General Manager at Allesley Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for your review. Your comments will be circulated around the team here at the Allesley Hotel. Thank you once again. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

I posted a review on trip advisor under the name tomroch. I was a customer attending a wedding in June.

Once again I am appalled at the service from this atrocious hotel.

My time at the hotel, as previously stated, was a terrible time. I the wedding I attended was only made nice because the family had to decorate the room/tables and of course the company. At no time whatsoever did the hotel staff attempt to make any effort in serving us. The bedrooms were terrible, bathroom facilities really bad. The tables were laid with miss match cutlery.

I find, after coming back on trip advisor that the general manager has responded to my review. I then read his reply only to find out he is calling me a liar and saying my review contained mistakes and inaccuracies.

Well Sir I respond again. How dare you say that I am not reporting the truth! I work in the hotel and catering industry and have extensive experience in all manner of hotels. You hotel is the most badly run and unorganised hotel I have ever had the misfortune to visit. Another reviewer compared you to faulty towers, I think you may take this as a compliment from them as I wouldn't even go that far. We booked a wedding at your venue only to be told a few weeks before the wedding that oops sorry you can't actually have your wedding here any more as we haven't sorted out the licence. No sorry or let's see how we can recompense you. Just excuses. Not good enough.

I beg anyone who is researching this hotel to look elsewhere. It may be cheap but that certainly does NOT make it value for money.

• Stayed June 2012
9 Thank Tomroch
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel booked through a well known holiday company and first of all there was a total mix up of room bookings. My friend and I were shown a room in the Lodge which would not pass a health and safety inspection. There were no lights working in the corridors, so it was pitch black at night. There were broken windows, loose banister, uneven floors. We were then moved to a room which was not too bad but the pigeons who seem to congregrate outside wake you up early. The wallpaper was coming off and the walls must be paper thin as the noise from the room next to us was horrendous and we had a poor night sleep. The food was not good and certainly not good value for money. I woiuld not reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank AnnS186225
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. Your comments regarding the Lodge and food have been passed on to the relevant departments where a full review of your experience will take place.
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stay here each week on business.Ive tried all the local hotels and this is THE BEST BY FAR!! Value for money is terrific .Ask for Asha - fantastic manager.
Enjoy!!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Helenflute1
Thank you for your kind comments. Your review will be circulated around the team here at the Allesley Hotel. Thank you once again. We look forward to welcoming back to the hotel in the future.
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Room wasn't terribly clean! Hotel across the road from local pub... England were playing revellers continued to enjoy themselves until 1am this would have been fine if only my window would have closed... Broken handle :/ Not a winter room I guess.... Overall cheap one nighter... Pay for what you get I guess....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrew P
I was very disappointed to hear that you were disturbed by the public house next door. I can assure you howvever that this is not a regular occurance. We are currently in the process of reviewing our house keeping department and their procedures. Your guest experience will assist with our ongoing training regime.
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Attended a Family Wedding 8th June 2012, and I must say that I am very disgusted how i was treated. I arrived at 1.00pm on the Friday and simply asked if i could check in early, the rude Receptionist said NO with an attitude and said come back at two, ok so i came back and was told my room was not ready and she did not no how long it would be. The wedding was at 3.30pm this would mean i had to get changed in another Family members room. The whole weekend the same Receptionist was very rude!! I was apart of the wedding from the start, i had been to the Hotel a couple times and the same receptionist was always rude.. The Hotel needs a make over having been told by Ravi the Events Manager that the hotel had a Million pound makeover i started to think where.But sales men always say that!! When i got to my room eventually when i returned back from the wedding,My room was not ready, the beds were not made, the bathroom was a mess. The whole decor of the room was awful in fact the whole decor going up to the rooms was nasty the hotel is dated and it needs help. The staff gosh where do i start apart from the RUDE Receptionist who was on duty on Friday, it was also Ravi, i just felt that he didn't care that a wedding was being held there, the way he was dressed was not what a Normal events Manager would wear, he had an T-shirt and some horrid looking trousers on he didn't look smart at all. WHERE WAS HIS SUIT!. He was going around as if it was not an important event,I suggest if you want to hold an event here go some place else looking around the Hotel . Ravi is a money grabbing man, he would make promises and then change them at the last minute, and charge you extra for stuff. The room wouldn't have looked so beautiful if the Hotel had set up the room after all they gave us paper napkins to use because we did not say we needed linen, WHAT WEDDING USES PAPER NAPKINS IN A HOTEL!! i know what the bride had asked for. Also this Hotel has not got the license to hold your wedding this is another lie Ravi told!! Weeks up to the wedding we had to move the wedding ceremony this again caused us to spend more money, Ravi had no answers then!!! He was not very helpful or approachable!! I would never return back to this Hotel unless the Management and Staff have been replaced... The rooms are horrid,the food is nasty and tasteless, they need Customer service training and the million pound was wasted... Also they ask guest to leave comments to say good things like Nicco3535 did poor thing if only he was at the Wedding. DO NOT STAY THERE THE QUALITY IS MUCH NICER AND VALUE FOR MONEY.... The Wedding was Beautiful but only because family and friends made it special but none of them would EVER RETURN TO THE HOTEL FROM HELL!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mimi123D
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2012

It was the worst hotel ever.Dirty room,smell damp at the corridors,awfull bathroom.We been there with small baby and we got our room at the very end on third floor with lots of stairs everywhere.There was no cot for baby,we've been told that they don't provide this(on their website was something different).There was no WiFi connection,at the reception they said that it depends,sometimes it is working other time no.Again website saying something different!We stayed there two nights,there was no cleaning service during this time,dirty awfull carpet really need it.I would not recommend this hotel to anybody.Stay away!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family