“Totally value for money - Great place”

Quality Hotel Coventry
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Manchester, UK
“Totally value for money - Great place”
Reviewed December 17, 2008

Ok, this place isn't the Ritz, its actually nicer than the Ritz, Believe me I've stayed there. I booked the room last minute direct with the hotel and was expecting the worst when they said it was only £19. Arrived just an hour later and read the signs apologising for any inconvenience during the refurbishment. On entering my room I kept looking round for the damp or broken windows or damage but nothing. Just a large contemporary newly decorated room with new carpets, fixtures and wide-screen TV. The room was a little cold but after I turned up the radiator (yes a radiator with a control that worked which is unusual for even a 5star hotel to provide). Just along the corridor there was a steam room and a Sauna which again was clean and just a really nice touch. I would have been pleased paying £70 for this room. I didn't eat at the hotel as I had already eaten but the menu looked good. As I travel on business most of the week I stay in a lot of hotels and I don't feel compelled to write on here very often but this was a fantastic find. Staff were really friendly and helpful.

• Liked — Value / Location
  • Disliked — Feeling like I was ripping off the hotel by only paying £19 for the room
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank GTuk27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Shaw, Lancs.
Reviewed September 22, 2008

We booked the hotel for an overnight stay as it was in a good location for Birmingham Int, airport. We had read some of the reviews and it sounded ok. We were not disappointed - we were greeted by friendly staff who organised an early morning taxi to the airport and we were able to leave the car for 8 days. We had a meal which was not too expensive, but only average quality. The room was a good size, clean and with enough facilities for our stay. The taxi service both ways was brilliant with no delays whatsoever.I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short stay or if you are travelling abroad & want easy access to the airport.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank wyn4latics
Cambridge
Reviewed July 21, 2008

We parked our car the week before we stayed and got a taxi (all part of the package) to the airport for our week away. Returned at 1.50am, phoned the taxi company who picked us up within five minutes and took us to the hotel. The hotel porter was nice and friendly and directed us to our room which was large, clean and quite modern. There were three of us and it was a lovely size room for us all. We didn't get much chance to spend in it though which was a shame! Left at 11am to go home, can't comment on the food as we didn't get up in time!
Lovely location and the staff were friendly and helpful. We will stay here again next time we fly from Birmingham, hopefully we can have a longer stay depending on the flight times! Was ideal to stay after the holiday after arriving back so late, meant we could have a drink all the way home! Taxi driver provided was great too!

• Liked — Size of room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank magsie48
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2008

We were booked to stay here the night of the 5th feb. '08 But we got a telephone call that morning to say the hotel had an electrical problem and they were moving us to another hotel. No big problem there we'd still got a place to stay as we'd got tickets for crufts the next day. What made me really angry was we had to call into the Quality hotel to get directions to the other hotel, when we got there the car park was full to bursting! So I guess they had overbooked the place and decided to move people out. We only chose to stay here as we'd stayed here the previous year and so knew our way around and knew how to get to the N.E.C We have had no apology from the hotel. We go to crufts every year and this hotel would have probably the one we would have stayed in every year but not again. Our booking was made way back in October 07 so it wasn't as though we were a last minute booking.

• Liked — Never got into reception
  • Disliked — Never got into reception
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mizz

Travelers are raving about these Coventry hotels

WALES
Reviewed February 25, 2008

Stayed at this hotel Feb 08, as an overnight stop before our early morning flight from Birmingham Airport.
Hotel, staff, food and airport taxi transfers all excellent.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank C3HER
Coventry
Reviewed January 4, 2008

This hotel used to be a dated dive, but since the new manager took over it has improved 20 fold. I have stayed here a number of times now as it is fantastically situated, the refurbed rooms are lovely with big beds, modern layout and decor, flatscreen wall mounted tv and good clean bathrooms.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, the staff are excellent and very friendly and helpful. I think from reading the reviews people have a preconceived idea after not being able find anywhere else and have been forced to use this place. After reading all the bad points they have made I have never come across any problems in all my stays there and continue to return time after time.

The hotel is a credit to the new manager who has pulled around a hotel that was deteriating, well done!

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
7 Thank CovCityFC
Southwest Michigan
Reviewed December 11, 2007

My family of five stayed here in early July with the purpose of visiting Stratford-Upon-Avon. We traveled from Wales and had no trouble locating the hotel with the directions provided.

I booked through the hotel website for a "free" room through the Choice Privileges program. Unfortunately, they had no record of our booking, but luckily I had remembered to print our confirmation. The hotel was very busy, and the manager looked very worried at first that she could accommodate us. Luckily there was a family room available. I asked for non-smoking - but unfortunately the room we were assigned had apparently been used for smokers in the past, and hadn't been cleaned or refurbished, and we could smell the smoke rather obviously.

Since I was traveling with another person who could deal with the smoky smell, we simply switched rooms and solved the problem ourselves.

It is a very basic hotel, and I was left with the impression that the new management is trying hard to change its old reputation. I didn't care for the stairs out front - we had to lug our suitcases up to reception and then up another flight to our room.

I thought that the points required by this hotel for the reward program was appropriate and the hotel was well located for our purposes. They require less points than many similar hotels.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Reservation was lost
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family