“Great staff and good value hotel”

Quality Hotel Coventry
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Mirfield, United Kingdom
“Great staff and good value hotel”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Like all hotels, the prices will increase and decrease depending on occupancy ( although I disagree with this system - can you imagine going to a supermarket for a loaf of bread and the price had tripled because they've almost sold out? Maybe that's not far away either!). Anyway, I got a good price for my stay on this particular night. The staff were excellent from reception to the bar staff and the breakfast staff in the morning, they all had a smile and gave the impression that they were indeed "delighted to serve"! The room was of a good standard and also clean and comfortable. They also had free wifi which was great apart from the fact that it didn't work the next morning, which was rather frustrating. All in all very good and I'd certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: I think they are all pretty similar
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Good Afternoon

Thank you so very much for this valued review on Trip Advisor!

The Team here at the Quality Hotel Coventry really appreciate your kind comments; let me know when you are due to stay here again - I would love to meet with you personally.

Sales Manage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Nottingham
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I find it hard to believe the previous reviews - and it was on these that I based my one night stay.
Here are the facts: I was a bit surprised to see a bracket beside two screws in the wall when I got into the room, but realised that was where the trouser press should have been. The tv remote didn't work so I took it with me to reception to ask their advice. The guy remove the battery cover and showed me a small hole near the batteries saying: "If you put a bit of wire in this hole and jiggle it about, you should be able to calibrate it with the tv." I don't actually carry pieces of wire with me for this sort of eventuality, so I read a book instead and assumed that the TV, like the trouser press screws, was more for appearance than actual use.
Still, the next morning I woke up thinking it could only get better, and opened the curtains - the windows were damp, mouldy and rotten. It was at this point that I thought i'd take the photo as I thought no-one will believe that a modern chain hotel at £70 a night could be in this state of deterioration.
Breakfast: Sauteed mushrooms - in three inches of water? I didn't know that you could still buy tinned catering mushrooms! The bacon was that soggy pale stuff, with limp white rind and the white water globules ozzing on top, there were some tomatoes (tinned of course) in the watery red mush, and three hard-yolked eggs on the platter. The sausage did make Wall's bangers seem haute cuisine. God only knows what these contain! (I doubt that pork was involved). The coffee was okay though - probably because it was the only element of the breakfast that was actually meant to have a high water content. I assume that they buy everything in large catering tins. I would normally have a word with the manager/manageress when a hotel is so poor, but frankly didn't see the point - the mouldy, rotten window frame didn't just happen, they must have known that there was no trouser press in room 36, their staff should be trained better than to fob customers off with such a poor response regarding the tv control, and they would certainly know what went into their breakfast! Terrible - the "Quality" should be prefixed: "Poor"

Room Tip: Check that the room has the facilities they promise, including working tv and trouser press. Ask if...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank StephenNottingham
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Good Morning Stephen

May I thank you for your report on Trip Advisor.

Your feedback is extremely important to us.

All your comments have been noted and will be dealt with accordingly.

Sales Manager

Travelers are raving about these Coventry hotels

Bradford
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night.
The Hotel was very good. The room was spotlessly clean, warm and comfortable. Plenty of towels. Coffee and Tea making facilities. Hair dryer, trouser press, iron and ironing board provided ( not that i required them ) and TV. Plenty of room. A couple of chairs and a desk. The bathroom again was very clean, having a bath and shower. The staff were friendly and helpful. The lounge room was very comfortable. Over sized chairs and settees made for a very relaxing evening. The food was very good and the drinks were reasonably priced. Plenty of parking too.
Overall a very good Hotel, well positioned, offering a good standard of room and service. Clean, warm and friendly.
I would definately recommend this Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Good Morning

Thank you so much for your kind words.

All the team here at the Quality Hotel Coventry appreciate this posting on this valuable site. We all work hard to ensure our guests have a great stay! It is lovely to hear we get it right!

Happy New Year and let me know next time you are coming to stay!!! I would love to meet up with you.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We booked an overnight coach holiday (9 of us) with travelstyle to visit the Worcester and bakewell markets, we didn't know where we were staying until we arrived. After seeing thr hotel down the road that a few of the others were dropped off we were over the moon to be give this hotel. The rooms were clean, tea and coffee facilities, hairdryer, iron all provided. The food was lovely and the staff were really helpful. Ticked all the boxes for us. Unfortunately we were all so tired that we didn't make use of the sauna and steam room and the other facilities at the hotel, but everything looked great. Would visit here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lauraliverpool34
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Hello!

I can imagine your delight at arriving here at the weekend. The Quality Hotel Coventry is enjoying many great reviews - the team here work so hard to create a great atmosphere for our lovely guests! Furthermore, there has been a massive spend on upgrading and refurbishing the Hotel; as you say it is looking fantastic!!!

On that basis, may I thank you very sincerely for both such kind words and also your recent stay!
And, yes, come and see us again in 2014 and enjoy a lovely break in Coventry.

In the meantime,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Di

Cheddar, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

It's a quality hotel. The end.

OK, I've driven past this hotel many times over the years and always admired it's 1920s facade. I tried to book a cheap chain hotel in Coventry for a Saturday night stay, but this one came in at a lower cost than any of them. Looking at its tripadvisor ratings I really can't understand why the price is so low. Having stayed one night I'm now doubly puzzled. This is a quality hotel. Reception is spacious and comfortable. The bar is well stocked. The wifi is fast and free. The rooms are good - a very comfortable bed with high quality white cotton linen, a large screen TV and an air of quality to the whole place with contemporary fittings and reading lights in addition to bedside lights. The bathroom is modern and clean with a powerful shower.

If I have any criticism it is minor - the room really could do with double glazing to reduce noise and the window frame needs some mould treatment (no doubt caused by the condensation that single-glazed windows attract).

I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MikeyTheBikey
Good Morning!

Thank you for your kind comments on this valuable site!

The team here at the Quality Hotel Coventry are delighted to know you had a great stay with us!

Ring me directly next time you need some overnight accommodation with us - I would love to offer you a preferential rate and also would like to say 'hello'.

In the meantime,

Merry Christmas!

Di

Manchester
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed overnight in this hotel as part of a coach party visiting the Birmingham Tattoo and Christmas markets. Didn't expect much to be honest but what a pleasure in staying at this hotel. Firstly reception as first point of contact. Clean bright and made to feel very welcome. All the staff were extremely helpful and special mention to the lady cleaning the rooms who assisted us when the key card needed reprogramming. Rooms perfectly adequate for an overnight stay and very clean. Beds and pillows were the best we have had in a hotel in a long time. Best night sleep in weeks and looking to get a Mitre Pillow at home now. Food much better than expected and although little choice at breakfast enjoyed all the meals.
It was a delight to be at a hotel when all staff interacted with guests even just a smile. Nothing seemed too much trouble. Genuinely seemed to care that guests had a good experience.
Fully recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Charlie322
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Good Morning from a somewhat dull Coventry!

Your review on Trip Advisor, however, has lightened the day!

All the team here at the Quality Hotel Coventry are delighted you enjoyed your stay last weekend as we all work very hard to ensure we provide a first class service!

Come and see us again very soon - in fact let me know when you are due to stay and I will come and say a personal 'hello'.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Tyldesley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Just come back from a weekend trip to Birmingham Tattoo and stayed at the Quality Hotel. Room was clean and beds were really comfortable. We had drinks in the bar and the staff were really friendly and there was plenty of room. The food was good although limited choice but the chef was serving it himself. All staff were really friendly and helpful. We had chips in the bar on return from the tattoo and they were delicious. Would definately return here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank barbaradburt
Good Morning

Your review on Trip Advisor is really fabulous... thank you so much!

All the team here at the Quality Hotel Coventry are delighted you enjoyed your recent stay as we all work very hard to ensure we provide a first class service!

Let me know when you are due to stay again as I would love to meet with you to thank you personally.

In the meantime, best wishes for a wonderful Christmas!