“Superb meal yet again”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Superb meal yet again”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Been here several times and never had a bad meal. Service excellent, very friendly staff. We went with family that were over from USA and we were all really impressed with the meals we had. A wonderful last meal together made special by the wonderful food and staff. Would definitely recommend it

“Top quality”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Have been 4 times and always have had a quality meal. The menu is not typical of the multi chain pubs where they offer the same as another local pub it is a menu that is unique to them and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone

• Visited April 2013
“A great little pub, oustanding food.”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I am the pickiest eater there is. I believe that if you pay for something it has to be good,especially if the food is not cheapo Harvester.
I went to this Pub for a family lunch and was blown away by the food. I had a ploughmans and it was the nicest i have had for many a year.
We had a party of 10 and everything was served hot (apart from my ploughmans of course) and together a rare thing these day.
After being let down over and over again i have finally found a place that does not dissapoint.
I can only say that other poor reviews on here must have visited on an off day, hey all places are allowed one of those

• Visited October 2012
“Fresh food, great service.”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I recently visited with my partner and his mum on easter sunday. We didnt book and they were rather busy but managed to squeeze us in. All of the staff were friendly and couldnt do more for you.
All of our meals were fresh and hot, served with fresh vegetables - unlike others, we didnt believe any of the food had been previously frozen.
Overall, we were impressed with both the customer service and the food that we were served. Definitely recommend a visit.

Coventry
“Still a great place to eat”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Went there at lunchtime today - first time for many years. We weren't disappointed - same owners for over 30 years who have always kept high standards. Food was great; prompt; hot and very tasty. Fisherman's pie was really nice & mixed grill very good - steak was cooked perfectly (rare) which is something you often do not get in other places.
Menu is quite extensive and does offer less expensive lunchtime options. Atmosphere is welcoming & friendly. Good place to go for a quick lunch or a longer dinner.
Really pleased we had our trip down memory lane - I reckon it will not be long before we are back again !!