“Groupon deal - lots of potential but average”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Terrace Bar & Grill - CLOSED

The Terrace Bar & Grill
Cuisines: British, Steakhouse, Pub, Wine Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome to the "Terrace Bar and Grill" CoventrySet in the surroundings of a Grade 2 listed building, the former Watchmakers offers a unique dining experience, complimented by wooden beams, contemporary decor and open fires.The “Terrace Bar and Grill" is the perfect venue for any occasion. Our bar offers an extensive range of drinks, from continental beers and detailed wine list to classic cocktails. The Terrace Black Rock Grill provides the benefit of live cooking at your table, a unique modern day cooking method simply adapted from years gone by. Whether it be casual dining, relaxed drinks or that special wedding or party event we are happy to cater for all your needs
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Groupon deal - lots of potential but average”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went after we purchased a groupon deal - loved the idea of the hot rocks and cooking your own food to taste using them.

Arrived and was told that their card machine was not working, so had to walk all the way back down the high street to a cash point... not a great start.

The restaurant was very very dark - now i like candlelight and ambience but I could hardly ready the menu!

Staff were rushed and no great attention to detail paid - sat right next to a radiator blaring heat out and asked if we could move - "no too busy sorry" asked if we could turn the radiator off " I'll check and come back to you" nope.... never returned.

Ordered drinks - had a glass of wine, which was full of soap suds to the point that there were bubbles and you could see the liquid on the service of the wine - spat it out and asked for another, bought me another and exactly the same. Asked to see the manager as the waitress looked at me like I was being fussy and he tasted it and agreed it was not right and blamed it on the actual bottle of wine.

Opened a new one and behold it was fine.

We did have a pleasant meal and the food was nice, but nothing as special as I would have thought. The hot rocks were very cool and were the only decent thing about the whole experience really. We had to pay additional money for decent food choices though as the groupon voucher greatly limited you.

A big let down and shame as it has potential.

Rugby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disaaaastrous!!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I bought a groupon earlier this year and was looking forward to my visit to the Terrace Bar and Grill. Numerous telephone calls later, I managed to make a reservation. This after having made three journeys on spec to the venue to find it shut. We turned up, handed it our groupon, waited and waited. Eventually, a harrassed waitress took our groupon. We waited and waited. Eventually she took our drinks order. In the meantime, we saw a couple of other customers returning food to the kitchen more than once. And we waited some more. The flustered waitress told us that there was something wrong and the chef and closed the kitchen. She promised that our groupon would be honoured on a date and time we decided there and then. I rang the restaurant to make sure our reservation was recorded. A person answered and said he was the new manager, that the restaurant had been taken over by new owners and was being redecorated and we would have our meal on the agreed date. We duly turned up, the venue was shut. It was only after several calls were we refunded our money. Five journeys, no meal, endless telephone calls, endless hassle. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not book a party at the venue”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

It was my daughters christening, we decided to book the terrace bar and grill as its a great looking venue. This was a once in a life time party for are daughter, we was let down by the poor attitude of staff and organisation. The owner was not seen all day for a number of reasons and didn't deliver what was asked. The food wasn't enough to feed all guests which put us under extreme pressure to please. The dj was not allowed to set his equipment up and had to try and work the sound system for outside which is clearly not his job to do. In a nut shell I would not be goin back there and don't wish others to go through are stressfull day which should have been a day of enjoyment. You need to look at service and attitude!!!!! Very poor

1 Thank sdyer303
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Poor management, poor catering and poor bar”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had booked the venue as a private function to celebrate my granddaughters Christneing and 1st Birthday Party. There were allot of promises made of what would be delivered on the day but when our 120 guests arrived the bar was poorly stocked and many drinks were not available for our guests. The food was late coming out and there was not enough food to serve all of our guests and the food presented was not what was agreed. We wanted the DJ to be heard on the outside Terrace, we wanted to create an atmosphere but our own DJ had to fiddle with the equipment to try and get this to work with no help from the venue's staff. My family were becoming very stressed and upset on what was a very important day for us and when the management were apprached to resolve the problems they ignored us and dismissed us. We felt ripped off and let down. This is such a beautiful venue and could be a very successful business, it is doubtful that my family and our guests will return to the venue again, what a lost opportunity for the Terrace Bar and Grill to promote and grow their business.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank rwadenov69
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I visited Terrance Bar a few weeks ago with my friends and work colleagues. This is such a lovely place, we were greeted by friendly staff with big smiles which was lovely after a hard day at work. We were impressed by the Menu & Prices and the Cocktails were fantastic! The meal was very high standard as to were the staff. We will certainly be returning as we had such a great experience with the black rock grill. WELL DONE TO EVERYONE CONCERNED, simply EXCELLENCE!!!!!