Premier Inn Coventry City Centre (Earlsdon Park) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed March 24, 2014

A characterful hotel far different from your average Premier Inn. An interesting conversion of an impressive early art deco 1935 college building. Very spacious rooms with interesting shape. Lovely tall windows.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My second visit in about 12 months. Everything was perfect. Large, clean fantastic rooms. Staff were superb. Food and drink first class. Had a great afternoon and evening in the bar. Only a short trip from the train station, taxi driver wasn't happy!! Can't fault this hotel.

Room Tip: Pick any room, I'm sure they are all superb. Front of the hotel gets you the main road views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank touchline
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The staff are truly an asset to Permier Inn, the room was large very comfortable and very clean, bathrooms are exceptional. The breakfast whilst seeming expensive, it really is value for money, superb. Would recommend Permier Inn whenever I get the opportunity.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Samantha G
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel, but needless to say I wish I had read the (negative) reviews on here before booking!

It is true that even with a sat nav the hotel is hard to find, and between the 30 minute "drop off zone" (for which for an overstay is a £100 penalty), and the poorly marked excuse of a multi-storey car park (also, for which an overstay is a £100 penalty)... This seriously needs to be addressed. You would think that if you were operating a business adjacent to all of this (but not yet quite, as there is still an outside walk from the multi storey to get to this hotel) that there would be some sort of notification that THERE IS A CHARGE FOR PARKING.

AND IT ISN'T A CHEAP CHARGE EITHER!

Not to mention, the tabloid articles I have tracked down branding this the "car park from hell". Between all of this, when we arrived, the barricades were not down so we were unsure as to exactly what we do... Do we get tickets? Is this free? Maybe not as there were machines, oh wait... They're broken. Cue duck-taped A4 paper signs directing Premier Inn guests to pay for parking inside.

However once inside, you're ushered to a machine to check in after a 5 minute buzzer-ringing wait, and once you proceed to ask about your car, she does not fully understand that you are querying about the car parking charges next door. I am 100% sure I am not the first person to ask this, however. You have the choice to either pay for your parking now or the next day, I was told.

Bearing in mind we had 2 cars. Two of which both occured car parking fines of £100. We aren't happy. If we had been told about the charges, or informed properly of how to pay for the car parking, or even were notified that the car park was not free, even on the website? Come on Premier Inn, I mean what are the people with no change supposed to do?

The hotel itself... Was a standard Premier Inn. We love them, as they are cheap and cheerful, clean, good food and no complaints. However I have never written a review before but this had to be done because this by far lets the hotel down.

We're not staying here again and don't recommend that others stay here either. I suggest that Management seek to deal with this issue that a number of people clearly have, as I'm sure they lose out on repeat business because of it. It sure has done here... We aren't coming back for sure!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank manc-lass-0161
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Coventry City Centre (Earlsdon Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thanks for your feedback. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay. All feedback both positive and negative is investigated and acted upon to ensure we are offering our customers the best possible service. Once again thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

ideal base for Stonleigh Park shows.
Two nights with friends,
Good service and excellent breakfast at a competitive price.
Would recommend this for any visit to Coventry and surrounding area.
Ideal for families.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Friendly team, good service, clean room. I liked the atmosphere, good price/value ratio. I would recommend the hotel for those looking for clean environment, good quality of food a friendly service. Try it!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Back in England for a family reunion, the idea that my old Technical College had been converted to a hotel was intriguing to me. Earlier website reviews were very favourable and a double room was available at £25 - too good to miss. In the event the stay was unalloyed pleasure, partly because the conversion of a handsome rather than beautiful building has been exceptionally well done (original architectural ironwork retained to the elevations, grand entrance hall and staircases still with the heavy brass handrail and tracery balustrades, (slightly) worn indents to the stairs partly formed by my own feet years ago (I am 75)), but also by the welcome from the staff. Exceptionally clean, warm (it was a bitterly cold February night) and well designed with top quality fittings. My wife and I were unable to find anything substandard until my wife declared she discovered a fault - the shower functioned perfectly, copious water and so on, but because it was rigid rather than on a flexihose she wanted a shower cap and there wasn't one. We only mention this to make the point that the whole deal was exceptionally good value for money. There is only the drawback, a serious one in our view, that there is no secure parking. It depends on what you are going to leave in your car (and even is it your own car ?) that would be a deal breaker for this hotel. We were visiting from Spain and we left our car with family and took a taxi to the hotel but this will not be an option for many.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple