“Excellent Pemier Inn”

Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
north wales
“Excellent Pemier Inn”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here as my daughter had an interview at Coventry Uni and we found it to be one of the best Premier Inns we've stayed in.We chose to stay here as it was close to the railway station.( the city centre one would have been nearer to the Uni).
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The rooms were large and very clean.
We ate in the on site restaurant( thyme restaurant ). We payed £23 for a three course evening meal along with drink and breakfast next day. Food was typical family pub type and quite good. The breakfast next day was excellent and all foods were branded and not cheap versions.
Reception staff gave us a map of coventry and highlighted our route to the Uni. They kept our case until we returned later in the day free of charge. On returning a lovely young man named James went out of his way to ask my daughter how she had done and then directed us back to the railway station. A taxi is cheap at £3:40.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank baal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights for work. Apparently only opened a year ago, so everything was new and clean. Bed was comfy, service was excellent, and despite the very cold weather, lovely and cosy. The restaurant was quite decent too, and the whole stay was remarkably cheap. Big cudos to Kayleigh, who seemed to be there all the time, and did all the jobs, but was always cheerful and friendly. And very efficient. Would happily stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vicguy45
Troon, UK
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I tend not to review Premier Inns as one is much like another but I'm making an exception for this one for a number of reasons. I'm not sure of the history but the hotel is housed within an old public building just outside the ring road and is just a short walk from the Skydome and city centre beyond. The reception staff were very friendly and only too happy to give out advice. The room was indeed like nearly all other Premier Inn rooms I've stayed in - plenty big enough, comfortable bed, and perfectly adequate. No Corby Trouser Press, mini bar, batrobes, shower caps, sewing sets etc but as I didn't need any of them they were not missed. They offer you half an hour of free wi-fi per day so even if you are staying one night you can get it twice. It is £3 per day after the free half hour. This is a better deal than many hotels though I'd still like to see all hotels offering wi-fi as a service rather than a revenue stream. Breakfast was £8-95 for the full English, not bad value at all and it is served until 10:30 which is good for those of us who don't need to be up with the lark. So far, nothing out of the ordinary for a Premier Inn. What clinches the five star rating is the fact it cost just £19 for the night. A clean and comfortable room in a near city centre location for nineteen quid? Bargain!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Balix
durham
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We recently stayed overnight at this Premier Inn as my daughter had an interview at the University the following day. We had to travel in terrible weather - the snow was appalling and a journey that should have taken around three and a half hours took closer to six. When we arrived we were exhausted and cold. However,the warmth of the welcome at this hotel soon cheered us up! The hotel receptionist could not have been more help and our rooms were spacious and spotless. The next morning our breakfast was beautifully prepared and we thoroughly enjoyed our time there. Once again, the receptionist went out of his way to help us, offering advice on how to get to the University and calming my daughter's nerves! The best part of it all was that we only paid £19 for our rooms - it was one of the best £38 we have ever spent and we wished we were staying longer. It is safe to say that of my daughter ends up at Uni in Coventry, we will be making lots of trips to this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank maddy f
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions for business and have enjoyed my stay every time. Sometimes being in a hotel on your own can be rubbish but the staff are great, friendly, welcoming, cheerful, what more can I say.

The food is great, tastes fresh, well cooked, and tasty. Chose the meal deal when I stayed and even on the limited menu there is such a good choice. Can't rate this hotel high enough, by far better than the other Premier Inn in the centre. Look forward to my next stay next week.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Nottsguyonhistravels
Norfolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were really happy to get a huge family room in this fantastic building and also had super service from the check in staff and a great breakfast. Only small gripe was no parking, but we parked on street very close to hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank annavcarter
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I loved this hotel, if it was a person I would marry it, but that's going too far. I loved the 5 star service from the restaurant the food was quick and lovely the most food i really enjoyed but the dry cucumber let it down on the starter. The waitress Sam was completely professional and I think she has been taught by Gordon Ramsey she is that good!
I had a great night i got a wake up call on the dot which was beautiful I got woken up by a nice female voice. Lovely.
I enjoyed everything about the hotel but the blowy machine was little bit annoying, I had to turn down the a/c from 24 back down to 22 but it was on 19 when i was there. In room 206 i had a little bit of dirt on the bath but apart from that it was brilliant. I think the baths are the best baths in the world. The bed was a bit firm but thats because i am used to softer beds. But the bed was better than my own. I loved the duvet and the pillows, everything was clean, the mirror had lights on. I really wanted to stay another night but i couldnt, when i win the lottery i will come and live here!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo