“A port in a storm!”

Premier Inn Coventry City Centre (Earlsdon Park) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We recently stayed overnight at this Premier Inn as my daughter had an interview at the University the following day. We had to travel in terrible weather - the snow was appalling and a journey that should have taken around three and a half hours took closer to six. When we arrived we were exhausted and cold. However,the warmth of the welcome at this hotel soon cheered us up! The hotel receptionist could not have been more help and our rooms were spacious and spotless. The next morning our breakfast was beautifully prepared and we thoroughly enjoyed our time there. Once again, the receptionist went out of his way to help us, offering advice on how to get to the University and calming my daughter's nerves! The best part of it all was that we only paid £19 for our rooms - it was one of the best £38 we have ever spent and we wished we were staying longer. It is safe to say that of my daughter ends up at Uni in Coventry, we will be making lots of trips to this hotel!

2  Thank maddy f

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions for business and have enjoyed my stay every time. Sometimes being in a hotel on your own can be rubbish but the staff are great, friendly, welcoming, cheerful, what more can I say.

The food is great, tastes fresh, well cooked, and tasty. Chose the meal deal when I stayed and even on the limited menu there is such a good choice. Can't rate this hotel high enough, by far better than the other Premier Inn in the centre. Look forward to my next stay next week.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Nottsguyonhistravels
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were really happy to get a huge family room in this fantastic building and also had super service from the check in staff and a great breakfast. Only small gripe was no parking, but we parked on street very close to hotel.

1  Thank annavcarter
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I loved this hotel, if it was a person I would marry it, but that's going too far. I loved the 5 star service from the restaurant the food was quick and lovely the most food i really enjoyed but the dry cucumber let it down on the starter. The waitress Sam was completely professional and I think she has been taught by Gordon Ramsey she is that good!
I had a great night i got a wake up call on the dot which was beautiful I got woken up by a nice female voice. Lovely.
I enjoyed everything about the hotel but the blowy machine was little bit annoying, I had to turn down the a/c from 24 back down to 22 but it was on 19 when i was there. In room 206 i had a little bit of dirt on the bath but apart from that it was brilliant. I think the baths are the best baths in the world. The bed was a bit firm but thats because i am used to softer beds. But the bed was better than my own. I loved the duvet and the pillows, everything was clean, the mirror had lights on. I really wanted to stay another night but i couldnt, when i win the lottery i will come and live here!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank MKdons L
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in early Jan this year (2013) with a friend. From the moment we arrived, we were looked after very well. The staff at reception were extremely helpful, and those at breakfast too. Everybody working there was cheerful and smiling. Our room was warm, clean and comfortable. Check out and breakfast times were very good (some can be much too early). The price of the room was fantastic - we got the special offer of £19 per room. Because it was such good value, we bought breakfasts on both mornings and couldn't believe how good the choice was. We also loved the fact that cooked breakfasts are ordered and come to you fresh. I will definitely choose Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I cannot begin to describe how warm the staff have been with me during my stay in Coventry. I have had a fantastic time with James (the manager) and Gabor. They have been kind, attentive, thoughtful and considerate throughout my stay. There was nothing that more I could ask for in a hotel stay. I wish I could thank the staff more but all I can do is write this review and encourage as many people as possible to enjoy this rare delight in low cost hospitality. Please enjoy Coventry Premiere Inn and all it has to offer. The modern design is a stunning addition to the city centre.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has a delightful Coventry.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We visited this hotel just before Christmas and stayed for one night.

Finding the place meant navigating Coventry's scary ring road system and high-speed roundabouts, but wasn't too difficult.

The hotel is the old technical college and has been open as a hotel less than a year so everything is new and clean looking. The building itself is stunning and the old entrance hall is well worth a look before you go into reception (a door immediately on the right as you go in).

Very friendly receptionist and nothing was too much trouble. Unlike most receptionists I've met she seemed most genuine and didn't seem bored or wearing a fake smile. Taxis booked and change found for the parking machine with a smile.

Rooms were clean and comfortable, bathroom the same. High ceilings, air-conditioning. All spotless and very nice.

Breakfast had a free kids meal offer and was one of the nicest breakfasts I've ever had in a hotel. Not cheap perhaps, but very good for the quality of what you got.

Parking is the only thing that isn't great, while not being terrible either. There are a handful of 30 minute parking spaces outside the front of the hotel for unloading/loading. Otherwise there is a multi-storey next door that you have to park in. At £8 for a day (payable at a machine in the hotel reception), it isn't exactly cheap and I felt a bit uncomfortable leaving the car in a multi-storey overnight. There is plenty of waste ground around the back of the building, so I don't see why this couldn't be utilised as a proper hotel car park?

Only other problem was that just before checkout both our room keys (that had been working fine)stopped working... we were well before the 12pm deadline for checkout so I don't see why this happened.

On balance though a very nice stay.
Not quite as cheap as it first appears once £8 for parking and £8 pp for breakfast is added on, but I would argue still good value.
Premier Inn have a winner on their hands in this place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family