“Welcoming and friendly!”

Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Bury, United Kingdom
“Welcoming and friendly!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Not sure if it was just the Christmas spirit but just returned from an amazing 2 night stay at this hotel. Staff friendly and helpful - room spacious and clean and a bargain at just £19 per night. Breakfast good value and plenty of choice as good as any 4* hotel. Having to pay for parking is a negative but as the hotel wasn't full was allowed to leave my car at the front of the hotel for the second night foc!

Would definitely return! Thanks to James and the staff for making it such an enjoyable stay.

1 Thank Michelle W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
London
Reviewed December 26, 2012

All these amazing reviews you read are infact true! I booked early enough in advance to get my room for £29 - it was huge, clean and lovely and felt more like a £129 than a £29 room. If it wasn't for the fact I had come to the area for a busy conference, I'd have happily stayed in my room all day.
I called a few times before coming to ask questions etc and every time I called the staff were lovely and super helpful. The great customer service continued when I arrived. I was there over Xmas day when there was no public transport and when I asked someone on staff for a number for a cab firm they told me not to waste my money - they would drive me to my destination themselves! I was ridiculously touched by this : ) Other staff members were equally helpful in trying to find attendees at my conference who might be able to help me with rides.
I was incredibly happy with my choice of hotel and wish you a great stay here, too!

2 Thank CapeTownInAugust
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

It ticked all the boxes for convenience, price, location (close to the pretty Spon End), the staff were all friendly, bed comfortable, bathroom spotless and the English breakfast was good.
But, the room was at 18 degrees on arrival, which was not the warm welcome one would have preferred. And, when set to the maximum of 24 degrees, it never felt anywhere near that figure

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed for the whole weekend and was well greeted by friendly and useful staff. Didn't mind the car parking prices (£8.10 for 24hours) as double that at premier inns near us! Location is brill 10min walk into town. The staff were great answering all our awkward questions and made us feel very welcome even remembering us every morning and saying hello. We had a family saver room and it was huuuugeeeee and premier really have made an effort to make sure we get a good nights sleep from letting us choose our heating,pillow choices and providing a very comfy bed. Overall a more than pleasant stay finished off with an unlimited breakfast!

• Stayed December 2012
Ballymoney, N.IRELAND
Reviewed December 9, 2012

A colleague and myself stayed for four nights during December 12. Upon arrival I was really impressed by the friendly welcome and help with the check in process which is completely different from any hotel I had ever stayed in before. My room was spotlessly clean and maintained to a high standard during my stay. The food was good and the restaurant experience was well complimented by the friendly staff. All in all a very pleasant stay, and as promised by Premier Inn's "a good nights sleep"

Room Tip: If possible pick a double or family room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Liked: Can put sign on door to NOT clean the room. Glad there are no extra cushions on the bed just for decoration. Hairdryer is right where it’s needed, by a mirror and plugged in. Three electrical outlets above desk. Light-blocking drapes. Wi-fi works even in farthest room. (Wish it was a security-enabled network.) Dual-flush toilets. I had a spacious room with sofa.
Didn’t like: I do not like the screens for registering. I still had to deal with the reception staff to (1) buy a wi-fi voucher, (2) request a room on the quiet side of the building – so the room keycard had to be rescanned. What is the point of using the screens?
It is misleading to advertise “Free wi-fi” when only 30 minutes per day is free. I always have to buy vouchers for more access. I also wish it was a security-enabled network. Why do I have to open Internet Explorer before another browser can be opened?
Room could use a luggage stand. Bathroom needs more towel rods. Windows can’t open. No heat in the bathroom, so it was cold in December.
Why are towels replaced when I haven’t left them in the shower/tub? The stated water-saving policy isn’t being followed.
I sometimes noticed that Reception was unstaffed, or no one in sight. (Nowhere for them to sit?)
In spite of these issues, I will still occasionally choose to stay at Premier Inns. The rooms are generally large and comfortable, with most conveniences provided.

Room Tip: Rear side, far end of hall, was nice and quiet.
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is set in a stunning building and has a large number of rooms.

Bar is 24 hours and prices didn't seem too bad.

On site parking is for a maximum of 30 mins and and longer needs to be in the next door multi storey (2 min walk). There is a reduced pay meter in the lobby of the hotel or do what we did and use the app to keep it topped up. £4.50 for 12 hour stay.

Rooms are more than big enough and have usual tea making facilities, TV and phone.

Bathroom wasn't too cramped either.

• Stayed December 2012