“Best Premier Inn i have stayed in”

Premier Inn Coventry City Centre (Earlsdon Park) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is definately the best Premier Inn i have had the pleasure to stay in so far. The staff were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The room was spacious and immaculate. Great nights sleep on a well presented comfy bed, bliss! The dining area is very modern and the staff are super friendly, which is always nice. My only gripe is you had to park in a paying car park which is situated right next to the hotel, the cost is £8.10 for 24 hrs as long as you use the paying machine by the reception, otherwise it will cost you £9, so a 10% discount is offered to staying customers.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Marco G

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Premier in have done it again, another fantastic conversion of an old building. I went here when this was a college many years ago and it's so good to see part of it being put to very good use.
Not much more I can say about the hotel, rooms were large and well equipped, everywhere was spotlessly clean (Which could be a challenge as building work is still going on to restore the old theatre at the back of the building)
The restaurant was probably one of the best Premier Inn restaurants we have visited, service was first class (Thanks to a waitress called Sam, she was so helpful) and the food was well cooked.
This being a new Premier Inn has the new Self-Service computer check-in but the staff were there to help and explain in detail how it works.
The only thing that lets this one down is the car-parking which is next door in the multi story and very expensive, but you do get a discount token from reception. Make sure you have the right change for the machine as it did not give change when we were there, just gave me a voucher to collect £2:30 from the car park office which was closed!! To add to the annoyance of being over charged when we reached the barrier it was open so we didn't need to pay anyway, £10 wasted!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marty788
Reviewed September 18, 2012

great hotel in coventry pity that people from corby have to stay there, they might think coventry is bad , i went to corby once and the only good thing was the road out of there,perhaps david a should check out corby sometime as it has little to offer in the way of anything

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bernie4787
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have now stayed in this hotel on eight or ten separate occasions and each time it's been faultless. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, especially James, Norma and Sam. They remember your name and can't do enough for you, including going out and buying my friend some tights when she laddered hers, and giving them to her on the house.

The building is a lovely art deco building with a fantastic glass ceiling. I've stayed in lots of different rooms and they have all been large, with a desk and either a sofa or a comfy chair with a large, really comfortable bed. They have a choice of pillows and the cleaning standards are high. All the staff say hello and seem genuinely friendly without being sycophantic.There is a happy atmosphere and they all seem to really enjoy their work.

They have handy powerpoints by the bed for your phone or your lap-top, and all the basics are there, to a very high standard. No safes in the rooms and no biscuits or bottled water, no little bottles or soaps in the bathrooms, but I never use those things anyway. They do have soap dispensers in the bathrooms and I think you can buy a toiletry pack if you've forgotten what you need.

One small niggle is they say they have free internet access but it's actually only free for half an hour. After that it's £3.00 for 24 hours or £10 for a week, which is much better than many places I've stayed, although I think it should be free in all hotels nowadays.

Anyway if you're looking for a great place to stay in Coventry, this is it.

Room Tip: I think they're all good. Maybe I've just been lucky!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank fionafreesia
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is a lovely building and hotel it is a shame it is in Coventry which I found to be very boring and has no character. We stayed 26th August 2012 and after finding the multi storey parking prices at £9.00 per night very expensive considering you had a 10-15 minute walk to the City Centre. Lucky for use the machines were out of order and after checking with the hotel we parked there for free, but we did find alternative parking in a nearby street foc. The hotel it self is in a beautiful big building and I agree use the stairs to appreciate the grandness of this building. The room was big but unfortunately no view from the window. We did have breakfast in the morning which was of a very high standard especially the sausages I would even go to say this was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had in a hotel better that the Hilton's in Manchester. The staff in breakfast area were excellent they were very attentive and had excellent customer service skills. I was that impressed with the whole experience I had to pass my comments onto the Duty Managers before I left. I don't think I would be back to this hotel only if it was for business as I did't like Coventry for shopping.

Room Tip: Use the stairs to see how wonderful this building is
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David A
Reviewed September 15, 2012

after a long day behind the wheel, and having stayed at the worst of Travelodge's the night before, what a wonderful experience this hotel was. The building was stunning, the staff very welcoming - the check-inn was efficient.
Upon entering the room, I knew that I'd picked a great place to stay. The room was spotless. Bed super comfortable and bathroom spotless. We dined in the restaurant and took advantage of the dinner and breakfast special price - both meals were perfect.

Definitely would stay here again - and be happy to stay here even if I wasn't paying.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jefferson C
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed here on 1st September for one night with my wife and 3 year old daughter in a family room. Room was clean, tidy and stay was comfortable. Breakfast was very good and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family