“Don't listen to the knockers... It's brilliant!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bulls Head Innkeeper's Lodge Meriden Restaurant

The Bulls Head Innkeeper's Lodge Meriden Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 564 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
midlands
“Don't listen to the knockers... It's brilliant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

A gorgeous atmosphere as usual at this splendid restaurant. Food great, service fine. Company outstanding. Platter to share starter is worth every penny, excellent presentation, mains were superb, fresh produce, good quality and easily enough to fill. If you use this place for an atmospheric/up market eatery you'll not be let down.
Parking is good, Porsche garage opposite for the fellas. Good range of drinks and beers.
What's not to like???????
Ignore the idiots and one time wonders. This is a place I'm glad to advocate.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Pickering England
“Good example of its type”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Very welcoming atmosphere with competent staff . The food we had was good and there is a nice selection of beers and wines. Again they are working to a formula as part of a group but they do it very well. Everyone one else seemed very happy with theri food and it was busy on a snowy January night

• Visited January 2013
Worldwide Traveller
“Absolutely dreadful...beware...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I do not usually used such harsh language when reviewing a place but this place is now just plain horrible. The whole is dirty and shabby, the service and food were lack lustre, our drinks came after our starters despite asking for them twice and the beef and ale pie was completely dried out. The general atmosphere in the bar, where we went to have a drink after our meal, was not nice or relaxing, bad language and rowdy behaviour seemed to be the norm and it was not a place we wanted to stay . We always liked this place and have returned many times as we have family living locally but this is not now a place I would chose to take my mother!!!!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank NP1968
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“consistantly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have been to this restaurant probably 4 times a year for the last 10 years and have to say have never had a bad meal.. Today was no exception. The staff are friendly and chatty but not in your face. The food is good and not too pricey. I had the shoulder of lamb today which melted in the mouth. The atmosphere is relaxed and it has not become tired over the years. It is a chain restaurant but doesn't feel like one, much a family business feel. Can't wait for an excuse to go back. As we live in Derbyshire we have to visit family in the area to go to this venue,.good job we like to visit family.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank scaryDerbyshire
Midlands
“Varied Experiences”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have been here 4 times now in the past 5 months and have had 3 excellent experiences and 1 not so good. On all occasions it has been busy and you do sometimes feel you are waiting quite a while for your meal but as I am usually with someone I haven't seen for ages, it gives you plenty of time to catch up.

I always go at lunch time and so have a choice of the Main Menu or the special lunch menu. On the first 3 visits I ate off the lunch menu and the food has all been good. I particularly enjoyed the Chicken and Salad I had from the Summer lunch menu but wasn't keen on the Fish Pie from the WInter lunch menu. The last time I went I had the Braised Lamb from the main menu and this was excellent.

Will be going again at some point.

Visited December 2012