“Great food, Great staff”
Review of Stresa Kitchen - Coventry - CLOSED

Stresa Kitchen - Coventry
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Contemporary, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Stresa restaurant and bar at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry offers a contemporary British & Pan European inspired restaurant and is the place in Coventry to experience an authentic and modern dining experience. We are very proud that the restaurant has been awarded a Gold 2 Star Sustainability award in 2014. Stresa Restaurant is the perfect stop for a quick lunch or leisurely meal. Whether you are having an intimate meal for two, entertaining clients, enjoying a meal with your family, or throwing a party. Stresa is the perfect venue and offers the perfect setting anytime of the day or night.
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed at the remada so ate at the stresa a few times all the staff are very polite and the food is great

Mark H, Manager at Stresa Kitchen - Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Dale M

Thank you for your positive feedback and I’m glad you enjoyed your experience in Stresa. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team.

Thank you and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Poor food handling practices, inconsistent food and the huge amount of waiting time make this a good place to avoid.

4  Thank Belle8888
Mike S, General Manager at Stresa Kitchen - Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Belle888,

Thank you for your feedback, I am most sorry to read that you did not enjoy your visit to our restaurant during your recent stay within the hotel.

We pride ourselves not only on the service we offer, the produce we consistantly produce, and the awards we have won, and we have many guests that respond positively to the product we have on site, however on this occasion, we obviously have not achieved the quality which we pride ourselves, and rest assured we will review with the team, as we review all guest feedback daily and weekly to ensure we can improve in all areas of our business.

Having reviewed your comments with my team, my restaurant managers have confirmed that they spoke with you daily to enquire if everything was ok with your food, and we were never told that you were dissapointed. I can only summise that we were not fully informed, and I will continue to review your comments with all my waiting staff.

Additionally my Rooms Division Manager also tried to make contact with you during your stay, I'm only sorry that on this occasion we did not speak in person.

If you would like to discuss your stay with us, I'd be most happy to discuss in a more personable domain.

Kindest Regards,

Mike Shaw
General Manager (Ramada Hotel & Stresa Restaurant Coventry).

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Went here for my first time last week! Service was excellent! Good menu, plenty to choose from.
The food was superb! Would recommend visiting, great Italian restaurant better than other Italian
in this town.

Mark H, Manager at Stresa Kitchen - Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Janet C

Thank you for your kind words and I am glad you enjoyed your first visit to us.

All our Italian dishes are researched and have much history behind them. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the food quality.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went for a weekday lunch and was very impressed. Excellent service (half Dutch lady) and an excellent meal. No pressure on us to order etc and food standard was very good. Restaurant could do with a bit of a redesign interior wise but a matter of personal taste.

If you have been disappointed with food at The Ramada's restaurant before...this is a refreshing and excellent change. Will definitely visit again.

Dear Yiddo14

I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent lunch experience with us at Stresa.

We like to pride ourselves on trying to change the impression of hotel food and have focused more on becoming a restaurant in our right. All our ingredients are sourced locally where possible to ensure freshness and seasonality.

I will ensure your lovely comments are fed back to the team in particular Tina who was the team member looking after on this particular day.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We ate at this restaurant as we were staying nearby. It is situated in the Ramada hotel. We arrived during a thunder storm and the concierge very helpfully provided us with towels as we were soaking wet. Unfortunately the restaurant staff lacked the same attention to detail. We ate from the set menu which offers very good value for money and includes a half bottle of wine. We were more than happy with the quality of the food. We did have a long wait before our first course arrived and again between courses. Our request for de-caf coffee clearly threw them completely that they were given complimentary as we had to wait so long. One waitress, Eva, struck the right balance between friendliness and efficiency. The other waitress didn't. To surmise....pay them a visit if you're staying at the Ramada and have time for a "leisurely" meal but, as we discovered, there are other restaurants nearby that offer much better service.

1  Thank Eurostarer

Dear Eurostarer

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent visit.

Firstly I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the food quality experience but am also very sorry that our service delivery did not live up to the same expectations. Please be assured we listen to all feedback given and this will certainly be reviewed with my Stresa Management team to ensure corrective training is begun immediately.

We do hope that you feel you can give us another opportunity in the future to restore some faith in our team.