“Lovely place”
Review of Stresa Kitchen - Coventry - CLOSED

Stresa Kitchen - Coventry
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Stresa restaurant and bar at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry offers a contemporary British & Pan European inspired restaurant and is the place in Coventry to experience an authentic and modern dining experience. We are very proud that the restaurant has been awarded a Gold 2 Star Sustainability award in 2014. Stresa Restaurant is the perfect stop for a quick lunch or leisurely meal. Whether you are having an intimate meal for two, entertaining clients, enjoying a meal with your family, or throwing a party. Stresa is the perfect venue and offers the perfect setting anytime of the day or night.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Went here for my first time last week! Service was excellent! Good menu, plenty to choose from.
The food was superb! Would recommend visiting, great Italian restaurant better than other Italian
in this town.

Mark H, Manager at Stresa Kitchen - Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Janet C

Thank you for your kind words and I am glad you enjoyed your first visit to us.

All our Italian dishes are researched and have much history behind them. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the food quality.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went for a weekday lunch and was very impressed. Excellent service (half Dutch lady) and an excellent meal. No pressure on us to order etc and food standard was very good. Restaurant could do with a bit of a redesign interior wise but a matter of personal taste.

If you have been disappointed with food at The Ramada's restaurant before...this is a refreshing and excellent change. Will definitely visit again.

Dear Yiddo14

I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent lunch experience with us at Stresa.

We like to pride ourselves on trying to change the impression of hotel food and have focused more on becoming a restaurant in our right. All our ingredients are sourced locally where possible to ensure freshness and seasonality.

I will ensure your lovely comments are fed back to the team in particular Tina who was the team member looking after on this particular day.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We ate at this restaurant as we were staying nearby. It is situated in the Ramada hotel. We arrived during a thunder storm and the concierge very helpfully provided us with towels as we were soaking wet. Unfortunately the restaurant staff lacked the same attention to detail. We ate from the set menu which offers very good value for money and includes a half bottle of wine. We were more than happy with the quality of the food. We did have a long wait before our first course arrived and again between courses. Our request for de-caf coffee clearly threw them completely that they were given complimentary as we had to wait so long. One waitress, Eva, struck the right balance between friendliness and efficiency. The other waitress didn't. To surmise....pay them a visit if you're staying at the Ramada and have time for a "leisurely" meal but, as we discovered, there are other restaurants nearby that offer much better service.

1  Thank Eurostarer

Dear Eurostarer

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent visit.

Firstly I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the food quality experience but am also very sorry that our service delivery did not live up to the same expectations. Please be assured we listen to all feedback given and this will certainly be reviewed with my Stresa Management team to ensure corrective training is begun immediately.

We do hope that you feel you can give us another opportunity in the future to restore some faith in our team.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I went to Stresa on the back of a number of favourable reviews on tripadvisor and I was not disappointed. My friend and I were looking for somewhere to hold a reunion of former colleagues and Stresa offered us all we were looking for. The lunch we had was beautiful and the service was attentive. The menu was extensive and catered for all tastes. There is a lovely bar area for a pre meal drink and obviously being located within the Ramada Suites helps for those people looking to stay over. We have a date planned for October to return to the Stresa, I am sure we will not be disappointed. Good value too.

Dear Hilz_12

I am so happy that you enjoyed your recent experience with us at Stresa.

We are currently working on the launch of our new lunch offering that I hope will continue to deliver a great range of local and sustainable produce that will showcase the flair of our Stresa kitchen team. I will ensure you kind words are passed to all the team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and you reunion party in October.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were staying in the nearby Premier Inn and came here for the evening. We opted for the fixed menu which does provide very good value and a fair choice.the whole evening was average in my opinion. One waitress was very knowledgable but over effusive the other had the perfect balance. The restaurant manager did not really pay much attention to guests. We ordered coffee (decaf) and an extra glass of wine which did not arrive for 35 minutes. I had cancelled the wine but it still arrived and I was charged. They had the good grace not to charge for the coffee. I wouldn't't rush back.

Dear AlanCardiff59

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent experience at Stresa.

I am glad you enjoyed your food experience with us. I am however sorry to hear that the service levels experienced did not complement our food.

I have reviewed your feedback with my Stresa management team to ensure these areas become a key focus for us to improve on so we can deliver the great service of which I know my team are capable of in the future.