“Service is incredible”

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Service is incredible”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is my first ever trip advisor review and after reading many helpful reviews in the past for both deciding to either choose or avoid a location I hope that this will help people choose this location. This is the third time I have used this hotel and feel compelled to write a positive review. I met three employees there this time and all were so friendly, happy and helpful and really went out of their way to make my visit as easy as possible. Julie who works in the bar has got to be the most helpful and positive worker I have ever met and all with a huge smile. Kim who works in the restaurant was a pleasure to speak with and went out of her way to help me and finally Susan on front desk helped me rectify an issue with my IHG rewards club membership and made an issue that I have had for a while just resolve in seconds. I could go on in much more detail but hopefully this will encourage others to stay/use this extremely friendly hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Darren C, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear RichardT,

Firstly thank you for making your first trip advisor review about our hotel. We do value all our comments and it was a pleasure to read that you have had such a wonderful stay and experience with us. Julie, Sue and Kim will be very pleased to hear that they have excelled the expectations of our guest, and here at the Holiday Inn Coventry M6J2 we pride ourselves on delivering the very best guest experience and this very clearly has been the case with you.

I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to the girls at our next team meeting.

Once again thank you for reviewing our hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Darren Cooke General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
UK
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just had to write a review, I regularly use this venue for meeting clients, Julie from the bar and Susan from reception, do such an excellent job.
They help make my meetings professional and enjoyable, ensuring I return time and time again ... thank you!
Ignore sleep quality added by mistake!

Dear Helebrb,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and service. I am pleased to hear that Julie and Sue are helping to keep your meetings running smoothly by providing the excellent customer service all our team members deliver. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to them both.

We look forward to seeing you again

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We meet their monthly, so if it was not a good and friendly place to meet we wouldn't keep returning, I've been meeting their for a year now, coffee is great, food also very good and service always great and would like to thank Julie especially.

Dear PDHmayer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the service you recieve in our hotel. We do pride ourselves on our team members and I am thrilled that Julie is delivering the best guest experience to those who use our bar/lounge for their meetings. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Julie and the kitchen.

We do hope that you continue to use our hotel and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have used the hotel for many years as a base for both meetings and for space to write, and I have always had a positive experience. Very friendly staff who are always welcoming and willing, especially Julie who always brightens the day! The hot drinks are great (Starbucks),although I'd like to see more of the cold Starbucks range IE smoothies, and also to have fruit toast available. As a venue for meeting people, it provides both a professional setting and a relaxed environment at the same time. Thank you to ask the staff for the help and support over the years. Greatly appreciated.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear MatttheVicar,

Thank you for your review. We do take on board all our guest comments and we will look into adding more items to our Starbucks range. I am pleased to hear that the staff especially Julie are delivering a great service as we do pride ourselves on our team members delivering a great guest experience and this is shining through with Julie, I will be sure to pass on your comments at the next team meeeting.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I regularly have meetings here and it's always a super friendly place to come. Julie (especially) and the team are brilliant...always remember my favourite coffee! It's good coffee too! Works great for both business and social meetings.

Dear NickH,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding the service you recieve in our bar/lounge area. We do pride ourselves on our team and this has clearly been the case for you, and Julie in no exception, she provides a fun place to meet along with the professionalism you would expect from our hotel team members, and I will be sure to pass on your comments.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed here for two nights, found the staff very friendly and helpful, rooms very clean and comfortable, on the first night we ate in the hotel restaurant again great staff and presentation.
During our stay we also made use of the leisure centre which was a perfect place to wind down in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Darren C, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Smith2103,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased that you found the facilities and service to be of the standard we at the hotel pride ourselves on. Our staff work very hard to provide the very best guest experience in the business, and deliver a great hotel guests love. I will pass on your kind comments to the teams and we do hope to see you again in the future.

midlands
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I frequently use this venue for work and meetings. I return purely because of the first class service delivered by the staff. Julie in particular stands out. She remembers me and has a drink ready for when I have sat down! It is great to make calls because it is relatively quiet although the internet access is pricey so I ensure I bring an alternative.

Dear Shoecrazy,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am especially pleased that you enjoy our lounge service porvided by Julie. We do pride ourselves on having staff who can deliver a great guest experience and this clearly shows with Julie.

We do hope that you continue to visit our hotel and we hope to see you again very soon.