Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2
$73
$94
$78
  • Restaurant
The Jacobean Hotel(Coventry)(Great Value!)
$51
$70
PremierInn.com
$68
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbusiness meetingswimming poolleisure facilitiesexecutive roombreakfast was excellentbar areaplenty of parkingevening mealricoh arenawaiting staffwould stay againnational holidaysself servicebuffet stylecomfy bedtea and coffeealdi
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 5 nights on a business trip to Coventry and was pleasantly surprised at how good this hotel is.

Firstly my air conditioned bedroom was nicely decorated and clean although a little small - but the bed was comfy!

The small gym and pool facilities are good and I used them every evening. Gym has 3 running machines, climber and 1 bike. There are several resistances machines including a lat and row machine, pec machine and a good leg press machine. Dumbells go up to 30kg which is a welcome surprise.

But the reason I give this hotel 5 stars is the truly excellent staff and restaurant. Their professional manners, friendliness and helpfulness were better than any hotel I've stayed in for a few years and I stay in over 20+ hotels each year.

The restaurant and bar food is excellent, breakfast is very good but the evening meals are superb. I normally eat out of the hotel but the food was so good and varied I decided to eat in every night and enjoyed a carvery and an Italian buffet. A la carte is also excellent and you must try some of their deserts! The food is so good I would recommend locals to try this restaurant.

For convenience, there is a Lidl, Asda and Tesco a short walk away.

In summary, an excellent hotel with truly excellent staff and a great restaurant, good facilities and prices. Well deserved 5 stars.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Darren C, Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear DonaldC,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our hotel. I am so pleased that you found the Holiday Inn experience a pleasant one and will be sure to pass on your comments to all of the team especially those team members who work in the kitchen and restaurant.

Once again thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn M6 Jct 2 and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Its a Holiday Inn.so does what it says on the tin.ignore the restaurant in the evening as its overpriced & ignore the bar if you like anything other than fizzy pop lager.Bed ok.Breakfast good.Shower very good.Staff quite good.Big problem was that the fire alarm goes off for no reason in the middle of the night! Twice in the week I've been here! So if you like to sleep, go somewhere else!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank rjherd
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Dear rjherd,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. It is very nice to know that you liked the shower. However, I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the fire alarm. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests as this will be forwarded to the management for appropriate actions. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

As a platinum member I am staying in holiday inns every week. I agree with the previous reviewer about the staff here- they really stand out. The receptionist took time tonight to provide detail in eating options. I then decided to eat the Indian buffet in the restaurant. Not only was the food very good. My waitress Laura was lovely, went the extra mile and deserves recognition. Also the meal with 2 drinks for 20 pounds was great value!!
Great hotel with motivated staff

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank theseeds
Darren C, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Theseeds,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff members really stood out. We do pride ourselves on having the very best staff who will always go that extra mile for our guest. I will be sure to mention your thanks to Laura and will alsomake her manager aware of the great work she and all our staff here do.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stay here on business every month and this hotel provides everything you need on site. Rooms can differ in size and newness of decor so I will be general. Rooms all clean, bedclothes crisp and white, towels white and fluffy. Bathroom immaculate. T.V.s good size and new flat screens. WiFi is reliable too.
Breakfasts varied and nicely done. Restaurant meals are ok just ok adequate for one night. Would hate to eat here for a couple of days though!
The best bit about this place is the staff. Reception staff are helpful, friendly and engaging and professional. The lady who shows you to your breakfast table is a lovely local lady. The cleaners raise their head to say hello too.
This has to be one of the better business hotels I've ever been at. Will be back for sure. Would recomend to anyone in the area. There is a swimming pool and stuff for those who are interested. The rooms are quiet in general.

Room Tip: Plead for a more modern room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sparky-parrot

Dear Sparkyparrot,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found all aspects from the bedrooms to the breakfast an enjoyable experience. We aim for the highest quality service and clearly this has come across to you. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to those you have mentioned.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed sat night,very busy, but no problems for any staff to handle ,can only say what a nice clean friendly place to rest ones head,room spotless everything worked and food first class,breakfast was 5***** ,being a yorkshireman bar prices were dear but not a problem

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends