“Our 4th visit here”

Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was our 4th visit to this hotel as part of a large group weekend/reunion. The hotel is of a consistant standard. Rooms are very small, but ok for the purpose of just changing and sleeping there. I think our bed had a new mattress as it was comfortable and previous times we have found the mattresses uncomfortable., The reception area and bar areas are very pleasant. Drinks are quite expensive. Meals and breakfast are good quality and not too expensive when included in a package. Free wifi was a bonus for priority card holders. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are small except the executive ones
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth526
Darren C, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Elizabeth526,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel. We love our reunions and those who attend as they make the atmosphere around the hotel electric. We are always striving to improve the hotel and your feedback helps us to improve in those areas.

We are pleased you enjoyed your weekend with us and look forward to a 5th year of serving you and your party.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Holiday Inn hotels are of a predictable standard, and usually, that is one of their attractions. When we need to stay overnight somewhere, we usually make an enquiry to see if there is a Holiday Inn nearby: only if there is not do we look otherwise. If we want romance, then we don't start with a Holiday Inn.

The M6J2 Holiday Inn was more predictable than most! The room layout was "Copy and Paste" from many others in which we have stayed, only it felt as if it had been re-sized to 90% of the others. I felt as if I had entered the Borrowers home!

Reception were friendly, and the free apples were a welcoming touch!

The room was cold. The window was open, the radiator turned off and the aircon set to a low temperature. There was a summer quilt on the bed. Clearly, I had managed to give someone the impression that Brown is a well-known Eskimo name, and 4oC was actually quite warm. Wrong! They did find another quilt for us and we did sleep well eventually.

This is a general complaint, why do hotelliers think that guests like their rooms freezing cold? Is it to save on the heating bills? We stayed in a hotel in Singapore where the aircon was set to 5oC when it was 30oC outside! The thermal shock as we walked into the room drove us to the bar whilst the room warmed up a little! But I digress.

Paying £3.70 for a coffee in the bar could not have been described as value-for-money, but otherwise the stay was. It was not bad, but to be honest, I have been to better.

Room Tip: Wear your thermals!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JAGBrown
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear JAGBrown,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the temperature issue you experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I arrived at the hotel at 8:30 in the evening after a busy couple of days and a long slog up the M1. I was greeted and made very welcome by the reception staff which helped me to start to wind- down and relax. The hotel is much bigger than it looks but the rooms I had was comfortable, quiet and clean. I was too late to eat dinner but the breakfast kept me going until the evening. Will be back when I next have to stay over in Coventry.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris H
Darren C, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear ChrisH,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We like to consider ourselves a relaxing and comfortable place to stay when your away from home and we are very pleased to hear you felt the same way. Our reception team are always on hand with a welcoming smile and happy to help attitude especially after a very busy day . We do pride ourselves and our team work hard on making the guest experience a relaxing one, and we do hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Visiting NEC for camping & caravan show we stayed here as a group of six. The accomodation and service were excellent. All staff were pleasant and happy. The restaurant and bars were very good. We had dinner and the food was excellent and served by very good waiters.
I recommend this hotel and will definitely visit again if in the area.
Well done to all staff.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Darren C, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear jswaudby,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We do hope you enjoyed the Camping & Caravan show.
We pride ourselves on providing the very best service to all our guests and are so please you enjoyed your time with us. We are very proud of all our staff and I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comment .

Once again thank you for your comments and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed for three nights recently and was very pleased to find a reasonably priced hotel which offered such great service, the check in was swift and efficient, the room clean and comfortable, room service and the on site pool, steam room and sauna were all of a good standard. The staff were wonderful, when I explained my rather restricted diet the young lady sorted it very quickly (Laura I think she was called) and nothing was too much trouble. Check out was swift and rather surprising, I had not mentioned that I had brought my own gluten, dairy and egg free bread down but it had been noted and without asking a credit had been placed on to the account, I suspect that there are very few hotels which would give a discount without being asked, no matter how many stars they had! Will I stay there again - definitely.

Room Tip: The first floor is good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Darren C, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Mr Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are so pleased that your stay with us was a pleasant one and we will make sure that we pass on your thanks to all especially Laura from our restaurant.

We do our best to cater for all diets here at the Holiday Inn and nothing is too much trouble for any of our guests.

We do hope that you will be staying with us again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Good:
- The receptionist was very friendly and polite.
- We were checked into our room quickly.
- Hotel was clean and looked well presented.

Bad:
- Bed was very firm and uncomfortable.
- Noisy people in the next room.
- TV kept cutting out due to poor signal.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Chloe-Grainger,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the good as well as the bad as this allows us to improve the services we offer.
I'm please you had a great service at check in, our reception team pride themselves on the service they provide and are always pleased when people comment so I will be sure to pass this on to them and I'm glad this showed through to you. I have asked the relevant department to take a look at the TV and apologize if this was an inconvenience to you.

Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We booked a night away at the last minute and paid £50 so with that in mind I would 100% say we got what we paid for. The hotel is small, clean & friendly. I was surprised by how basic the room was for a Holiday Inn but as we were only there a few hours it wasn't a problem at all.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear SamGC

We appreciate all comments made and do thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us.
We are always striving to improve the service we provide and your comments will help towards this.
Once again thank you for your comment and we do hope to see you again.