Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2
$79
Hotels.com
$36
$31
The Jacobean Hotel(Coventry)(Great Value!)
$51
$64
PremierInn.com
$63
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbusiness meetingswimming poolleisure facilitiesexecutive roombreakfast was excellentbar areaplenty of parkingevening mealricoh arenawaiting staffwould stay againnational holidaysself servicebuffet stylecomfy bedtea and coffeealdi
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I selected this hotel as it was close to the business I was visiting. However, I will not choose it again. As a priority club points show me, I get to spend over 40 nights a year in the ICS group hotels. This has been the worst by far. The bed was uncomfortable, the room itself had an unpleasant odour (rm 262) and the furniture organised too close to,the entry and exit point. The shower was poor and the food nothing special. I would definitely rather miss my points claim and stay in a better hotel nearby in the future.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear DeviceNET,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our room and shower. We will look into these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

An excellent hotel,located ideally for the M6/M42 and M5 motorways. The room was excellent, all the usual amenities although would have liked a fridge instead of the trouser press. The room was excellent value for money - especially as it was a mid week. The book early and save deal was great. Restaurant was a little pricey and service rather slow on the night I ate at the hotel. Portion sizes were not brilliant either ( only 4 potato wedges for a meal with a small chicken breast - OK for kids I guess but not an adult meal!). Ate elsewhere on the second night - lots of choices in the vicinity.
Would stayhere again when next in the area - I like the Holiday Inn chain/brand so would always choose it if an option.

Room Tip: I was on the lower ground floor (rooms 100+) really quiet and peaceful- lots of rabbits outside the window
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2013

For the last six or seven years my partner,myself and several friends have stayed at this hotel for New Year,with no complaints at all,but New Year 2013 was a mish mash of cockups right from the time of booking in July 2012.
On several occasions we asked for a receipt for our booking,verbal requests and emails were all ignored.the last request we made in November we were told the payment hadn,t gone through because the member of staff had taken the wrong expiry date on my partners credit card when she paid and they didn,t even bother to tell us. By this time it was just three weeks away from the event and it wasn.t our money they were playing about with,it was our friends.
When it came to New Year,the first of our party got to the hotel only to be told that unless they paid £129 they couldn,t have their rooms,it was now discovered that the rooms hadn,t been allocated to the payment,strange.At this time my partner was not ahappy bunny and made the statutory complaint,and we were presented wit two bottles of cava to share between 18 people.
We then sent an official complaint to the general manager on January 1st 2013 and he hasn,t bothered to answer this either.The upshot is that we shall not be attending next years event and anyone booking into this establishment,beware don,t make a complaint,you will not get anywhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Spent 2 nights here recently as I was attending an exhibition in Coventry. Friendly and efficient reception staff checked me into a 1st floor hotel room. The room overlooked the entrance to the swimming pool, however, after 10.00pm also passing foot traffic stopped and things quietened down. The room was of a fair size, the bed was very comfortable and the pillows were fluffy, just as I like them. Had three problems within the room- one bed light was not working as its bulb had been removed; there was no shampoo, soap etc in the bathroom and the bathroom tissue box was empty!.
I mentioned these faults to the reception in the morning and they apologised and advised that all would be rectified for my second night at the hotel. When I arrived back that evening, I found the bathroom toiletries and tissues had been replenished, but, the bed light was still minus a bulb. It did impact on my ability to read my book in bed, so it soured my stay at the hotel. Breakfast and dinner were fair/good and the staff service was first class.
Would I stay here again? Probably not! If a hotel can't get the basics right in a guest's room, does put one off about staying and experiencing the same again!

Room Tip: Rear facing rooms have views of countryside
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Taffy C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Caergeiliog,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you ave encountered during your stay with us. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I know it was a cheap room but the bed was absolutely awful. I think room 205 has been given to to many solo travellers we spent all night rolling into the middle of the bed. Plus the noise of people walking past talking, it was an awful night. I did mention it to the receptionist!

Breakfast. There were plenty of waiting staff but the 'mature' waitress a lovely lady seemed to be the only one doing any work. Seeing us to our table, pouring the coffee, clearing the tables, filling up the pastries which were empty. When we asked a waiter for a coffee top up he gave us a blank look like he didn't understand English! We mentioned this to the waitress who said oh he's a lovely lad but sorry he was there to do a job!

The cooked breakfast was very good and plenty of it. We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening as within a few hundred yards there are several 'chain' restaurants like Taybarn (excellent) & Nando's. We had a drink in the bar as we were given a drinks voucher because we are Priority Club members but most of the time we seemed to be the only ones there.

There is a Premier & a Hilton almost at the same location but I'm sorry but I think next time I'll pay a little more and stay there. Or The Holiday Inn Express at Nuneaton we had a good nights sleep there.

Room Tip: I'd get a twin not a double!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear emailWendy,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are glad that you liked our breakfast. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations specifically with the noise that you have experienced and with some of the staff during breakfast. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Karen G.