“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Sheringham, United Kingdom
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Another weekend away with leisure facilities. One or two problems with things so I spoke to the staff. Nothing was too much trouble, our room was changed and Michelle was very helpful with the local buses which for a Sunday was very useful. Breakfast was very good. The scrambled eggs were excellent - they can be very grey, cold and solid - but these were yellow and hot. Fun and games on Sunday evening, a power cut locally (not just the hotel) at 9pm. Very few staff on then but handled very well and just as we were enjoying a free drink from the bar the lights came on again and we all disappeared again to our rooms. Felt very sure that if there had been a fire that it would have been handled well by the staff.

Room Tip: Try and get one facing the back - there are loads of bunnies to be seen on the grass.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Coffdrop60

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Highcliffe, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

First class all round ,Happy staff,very good rooms, quality food & service.
Stayed one night before going into hosp for an op, and returned for 3 nights to rest after op.
Before driving(150 miles) home.
All the staff were so helpfull nothing was any trouble to them. It was nice to be looked after by such a happy work force.
Would not hesitate in returning or recommending this Holiday inn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

went to stoneliegh militaria show at stonliegh park on sunday 27th jan, for us its a 2.5hour journey each way so a hotel was required. we choose the holiday inn j62 in Coventry.at last made the right desition the hotel and staff were great, helpful staff,clean and tidy rooms nice and modern and bar prices not to bad. we would love to have eaten here but the menue was just to much money for us what a sham we therefore when to the nearest pub 5oo meters away with meals starting from £5.99, But we did desided to have the breakfast on the sunday morning which was £7.50 and as it was a buffet full English breakfast we left full and very happy.I can honestly say well done many thanks and we would return as required.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Howard922
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night due to its location close to coventy hospital, the second day we checked out and went to the hilton near by which was much better.

The room was small and cramped and the bed was not comfortable as you could feel the springs.
it had a very sterile atmosphere and seemed empty.
We were the only ones in the bar later on, i didnt like the cold atmosphere, saying that the food we ate was surprisingly ok and the one bar staff was attentive and pleasant.
the breakfast also had plenty of choice and again the staff member Pat was polite and pleasant.
Another guest checking out before us commented on the beds to be told, well we check them twice a year!
I would not stay here again as there are plently other choices in that location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cheryl F, Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is our aim to consistently provide superior service and accommdodations and your comments are invaluable to us. Kindly be assured that we will look into the issue with the bed springs as they are due for a review.
Your comments with regards to our facilities and staff has also been noted.
We give the utmost inportance to our guests comments as they help us to improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.
yorkshire
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed 4 nights on business,small room for a double, overpriced food and drink, good choice and courteous staff at breakfast. Tried to charge me at checkout for food I hadn't had and no one had signed for. Didn't use the leisure facilities.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear stumpy1955,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am glad that you liked the choices for breakfast as well as the staff. I am sorry that you encountered some issues on some aspects during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Coventry
Reviewed January 19, 2013

In view of the location and first impressions I was a bit disappointed with respect to following points
1) The receptionists were nice bur not adequately trained. After I checked in and was informed that breakfast was not included, they gave me a coupon for the breakfast. Naturally I thought that i f I do show up for breakfast my coupon will be taken and I will be charged £10 for breakfast.I did not use my coupon as my business provided me with breakfast. I WAS VERY SURPRISED THAT IN MY FIINAL BILL I WAS CHARGED FOR TWO DAYS BREAKFAST. I pointed out the error which was rectified.
Secondly on the day I checked in I was asked to be woken up at 5. 00 am, No such service. Luckily I had set my iPhone alarm aT 5.00 am as plan B.
On the whole I believe tthis was down to ill trained receptionists on the first night. I did get the alarm on the right time the second night.

The room itself was ordinary - No bar. Ordinary bathroom with cold towel rails. With regards to the room, although it was spacious for a single person, the heating rail for towels was not working despite the fact that I switched on the digital heater system in the room.

The hairdryer was in an elusive location in a drawer- found out after I asked the receptionist on the same night I checked in

Having been to many international hotels, I think for the amount of money I have neen charged for a mediocre room I will not book through easy book.com

Perhaps I would have had a better service if i had booked the hotel directly

Sandeep

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Sandeep K,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service and the room amenities. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night on a bus trip, rooms were nice and very clean, dinner was a set menu and large portions, breakfast had a large choice.

There was a christmas party on whilst we were there and we were not disturbed by it

The only critism is the bar prices, for half a larger and a large glass of wine it was £9.50 very expensive!! the second round was a larger and a coke which was £3.95 this is about average priced

• Stayed December 2012