“Excellent takeaway!!”
Review of Indian Empress

Indian Empress
Ranked #337 of 585 Restaurants in Coventry
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: We have the best food around and an atmosphere to match. Our recipes are authentic and time-tested. The ingredients are always fresh. The result is a menu that bursts with flavour.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Decided to make the trek from Rugby to try this takeaway & really glad we did. The dishes on the menu are really different from other Indian takeaways & we loved everything we ordered.
The place is spotlessly clean, with an open kitchen, so you can see the delicious curries & nans being made.
The chef in his immaculate whites, gave us advise about our meals & how to eat the dishes in an authentic Southern Indian way.
We are moving up North next week, so real pity we didn't come here before, but I bet I am back before Friday!

3  Thank Leedsaway67
Tanujyash, Owner at Indian Empress, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hi, thanks for ur review, it's our duty

There are newer reviews for Indian Empress

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Finally an Indian takeaway that truly is "Indian". We get food from here often. I love the taste here and the fact that he uses quite less oil in all the currys, makes it much healthier. I'm so put off by the floating oil I see in other curry houses now a days. Also, I like the naans here. All cooked completely unlike the thick-huge naans.. Great little takeaway. Thanks guys. You are doing a fantastic job. Keep It Up!!

3  Thank LotusLakeland
Tanujyash, Owner at Indian Empress, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Hi thanks for ur review, we will do our best,
Thanks

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I visited this takeaway couple of weekends ago, first time. Food was excepetional.I have tried all over london,manchester, glasgow etc but found this food to exact taste of india.
4 people working hard to please everyone . Very efficient service by man at counter.
Whenever Iam back in midlands,I will be here.

Tanujyash, Manager at Indian Empress, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Hi thanks for ur review, we will do our job,

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have experienced food from here recently and reading in to reviews here, i do agree to some extent with previous reviewer.

Have tasted similar dishes before at home and in restaurants in india also advertised here, they are not the same.

I agree food cannot be same as at home or 100% as in india, but i think the attempt here is to satisfy the clients who mostly are non indian. If you want more authentic indian food you will have to go to leicester restaurants like shivalli, kayal etc where the clientele is more indian so they have to ensure the food is more authentic.

Hello mate, thanks for your review, let me say some thing for non Indian coustomers , make the difference between home cooked roast dinner and pub roast dinner, when the cooking goes more than 4 people, ur cooking changes, cooking for 40 is different, u don't multiply by 10, u start looking for easy ways of doing it, I bet no mom, wife or sister cooking in them named restaurants, it's more like English medicine and Indian Ayurvedic medicine, it's parallel, never meets anywhere , anyway thanks for ur review , we all go to a resturant to have a break from our daily routine of home cooked food, it's like commercial and domestic, understand food, not the way it's cooked, how many people have a tandoor at home to have naans or griddle to make dosa at home, I have learned cooking, it's an art to master it,
Thanks

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Firstly service is good here, and food preparation is clean.

However prices are almost the same as eating out in a restaurant and quantity/portions are below average.

Also the food is not authentic as the same tomato curry base is being used in the various indian dishes. The bhaturas are not proper bhaturas but like like pooris. The south indian currys which should be based on coconut base/milk and tamarind/sour, taste more like your average north indian mains with the tomato curry dominating. Having travelled myself in South India, this is nowhere near the taste and look of the food there.

If you are used to eating indian food made at home, then you will know the food here is not authentic. However if you do not make indian food at home and you just want a curry with a beer or wine then its fine.

Tanujyash, Manager at Indian Empress, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Hello mr Singh we have never marketed us as an southindian takeaway or Indian takeaway
We have marketed ourselves as desent Indian food what u get in Indian restaurants in India , home cooked food comes from ur mom or wife, we r none of those, hope u understand, a hotel management student I m , not a domestic worker to meet every one's needs. I m a South Indian I know what South Indian food is , coconut is not in every dish for ur information , any way thanks for ur review, pls understand southindian food, and their staple diet, by travelling u can't make it , pls do under stand we don't cook for personnel needs, thankf