“Italian couple who visited last week”

The Farmhouse Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 594 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Indian, Steakhouse, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At The Farmhouse Coventry we have two menus. A good-old English menu and a traditionally home cooked Indian menu, so whether it's a premium cut of rib eye steak or a succulent spicy tandoori chicken we've got it all here at The Farmhouse Coventry!
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were invited by friends who told us that the place was top class and they wanted to impress us.
What impressed us positively was the friendliness of all the staff. The girl who took our order was friendly and highly sympathetic with excellent customer service.
The place is nicely decorated and the food was beatutiful.
Definitely if I have to invite any friend who come from Italy, I will took him to this restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,472)

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We were ten minutes late for our booked table but this didn't seem to matter as we were slotted into the pub side of this bustling establishment. The sizzling plates of tandoor cooked meats were guided through the room by what I could see was a very well trained, fast team of service personel. It was a nice surprise to see a place like this so busy on a Thursday. The chatter created a wonderful, welcoming atmosphere, while I scanned the menu looking for "the best steak in Coventry." I see statements like this online a lot, and it's usually a bit disappointing. Scratch that. ALWAYS disappointing. But this was to be the time when "Tim, 37, from Allsley" and so many like him were right. But it didn't stop there... I like steak. I think cows are wonderful. I would never think of becoming a vegetarian because I like steak too much. I have eaten steak in grill houses in America and sampled similar sirloin delights around Europe. In 2013 I launched and managed a very successful steakhouse in South Wales. We had a brilliant supplier for our beef and a talented grill chef. I thought we were serving the best steak I would ever taste in my life. I was right. Until I went to the farmhouse. The 16 ounce t-bone had been carefully tenderised and cooked to perfection. There was not a single droplet of blood on my plate as the meat had been rested perfectly. I still find it hard to understand how someone can get a steak of varying thickness medium rare throughout. I'm happy to not understand though because I think the secrets of the farmhouse should stay in the farmhouse. Of course, because the steak had been rested it did not bleed out, this meant the chips stayed perfectly crisp until the last bite of beef. Simplicity thy name is farmhouse. A steak dinner that was simply one of the best culinary experiences I have had. It goes without saying, this was the best steak I have ever had, but I'm afraid it's not the best steak in Coventry. It's the best in the world. The manager was kind enough to let me have a farmhouse shirt. I'm going to display in the restaurant I'm currently running and when people ask about it I'm simply going to say, "that was the best steak in the world, we're happy to be second."

The mushroom and Stilton sauce is incredible
The drinks are reasonably priced.
The staff are friendly and cannot do enough for you (especially Chris)
Go experience the best steak in the world and tell them rob sent you.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We have visited a few times now and the food has never disappointed us. On the last occasion it was extremely busy, but we were given a table in a reasonable amount of time. We both enjoyed our curries and the peshwari naan bread is the best I've ever had! There qas plenty on waiting staff around making sure our meal was ok and if we needed anything else. The children's play area outside is great when the weather is good. Hopefully it won't be so cramped inside when it is busy once the extension is finished!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Based on previous reviews we decided to have a meal here with friends and family. I rang the day before to see if it was open before 5 and whether we needed to book. I was advised by the lady on the phone that this wasn't necessary and we just needed to show up and we'd be shown to a table.

However when turning up on the Saturday late afternoon, as soon as we arrived we were told we'd have to be out by 5.30 due to bookings later in the day. I explained to the manager of the conversation I'd had with the lady the previous day and that I wasn't advised of this else I would have made arrangements to go somewhere else. The manager implied his staff wouldn't have suggested to just turn up as they were fully booked Saturday evening.

We decided to have drinks and move on elsewhere.

Understandable the issue was down to a breakdown of communication, however, there was no effort or apology for the confusion and we were made to feel unwelcome, which is why we left.

This is a shame as we were looking forward to the meal based on reviews however on principle this experience has really put us off. I was looking to book my sister's baby shower there, but that won't be happening!

I would suggest if you're new to this place, guarantee a booking before you turn up.

6  Thank Mamta D
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Waited 40 minutes for a table we BOOKED, when we eventually got our good it was cold, the waitress serving is was working extremely hard and it just seemed like the two 'managers' were shouting at her and doing nothing themselves!! Never again!!

4  Thank Steven J