“Great stay”

Coventry City Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coventry
Coventry City Hotel
Ranked #32 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I went and stayed here on saturday 23rd of feb have to say was very pleasent the staff were all great and friendly especially kate what a very pleasent woman she was made our stay enjoyable defo will go back again has had a great night out and the 24 hour bar was even better thank you for a welcomed stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for posting your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our bar available 24/7 convenient. I will share your feedback with Katie in particular. I am sure that she will very much appreciate your comments.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,
Joanna Torbus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The rooms are nice and good quality with regards to the price. Toilets are self-cleaning porta-loo models, very small and quite often are either dirty or have very wet floors. These are down the hall along with showers so expect cold corridor runs. The beds are very hard and uncomfortable to sleep in but are clean. During our stay there were 2 nights where groups of people were very noisy, roaming the corridors with an overwhelming smell of pot causing the fire alarms to set off. We felt very unsafe these nights, especially how our door was bashed and there was tapping on the window. However, this was most likely an unlucky occurence, a previous visit on the second floor was much nicer and we experienced no trouble. Location is good and reception staff in the Ibis are friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I wouldn't inflict a place like this on my worst enemy. The room was unsanitary, to say the least, there were brown marks on the bed sheets. When I peeled back the sheets I found several pubic hairs. The TV didn't work, and after visiting the communal showers, I discovered a friendly welcome of a puddle of vomit. Then, when visiting the urine-saturated toilet, I found that the locks were broken on almost every cubicle. Then, after a horrendous nights sleep (or rather no sleep) due to the 'noisy' couple next door, I was awoken by a man entering my room at 6 am claiming that he was here to clean. I asked him to leave in the politest possible manor, and I watched him run from the hotel out of a grimy window. In all, security was poor, cleanliness was poor, and all in all one would think that the hotel is one enormous, cruel joke. I would suggest that the place be demolished, one may well contract se form o terrible disease from the lack of sanitation.

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank RitzToFormuleOne
Barnard Castle, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Sir, I would like to thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am sure that Kate will be delighted to see your feedback. It is always very pleasant to see receptionist name mentioned. I hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We booked this "hotel" before we read the reviews!!! Big mistake. We ended up paying extra to stay in the ibis, as this place was a complete and utter doghole'!! We walked round the whole building looking for a reception desk, until we had to call them to ask where we could check in.. People staying in the ibis were laughing when we said we had booked to stay at this place!
The showers and toilets are literally right in the entrance of the place.. So anyone off the street could just walk in and use the facilities.. It is truely horrendous.. It looks like a dump inside & out & I wouldn't waste your money. I felt as though they do this so people pay the extra to stay in the ibis as they are part of the same company.

• Stayed January 2013
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Madam, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry that Formule 1 hotel did not meet your expectations. Please, let me assure you that the hotel front door is equipped with security system allowing the door to be open only with bedroom key card. Therefore the hotel bathrooms are not accessible to general public. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Complete budget hotel, very good of value is important to your travel itinery, otherwise you could you stay in the Ibis next door. Location is very good, 10 minutes walk from travel connections. The hotel itself could have a little more TLC and tending to a couple of decor issues, rooms was otherwise hygenic fairly clean and well maintained. On our arrival we worked out ourselves that we had to book in and collect our card key from Ibis, just across the car park, initially we were given a room with a TV that didn't work but after pooping back to reception and being told that not all the TVs works, we were changed to a room which had a working TV.

Notes: if possible, get into your room early and switch on the heating, the temperature in the building is fairy cold until the electric heater warms through. Facilities, toilets and showers are shared, toilets should be used with shoes on as they are self cleaning thus floors are damp. We didn't used the showers. Rooms have a sink and double rooms have a double bed and single bunk, though check details with reception. The service was great from the F1/Ibis reception and they were more than happy to help with our queries.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in Formule 1 Coventry. We hope that our central location gave you opportunity to visit the area. Ibis Reception Team will be very happy to hear that you value our customer care. We hope to welcome you back. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel looks ok from the outside.inside its way different the first room we was put into had a horrible smell the television was broke aswell as the blinds.

The second room was a bit better but still not very clean floor was filthy with hairs all over it and a stain onn the wall behind the bed that looked like poo

Overall the hotel was in a horrible location with dirty rooms.

• Stayed February 2013
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for posting the review. I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with your stay in Formule 1. I am glad that you were moved to another room after reporting the problems but very sorry that the second room pre assigned was not up to the standard. I understand it may be tiring to report the problem twice but please by all means do not hesitate to ask receptionist to assist you to your room so that you can raise any problems straightaway. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please, let me assure you that I will be sharing your feedback with housekeeping and maintenance departments. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.