“DONT DO IT”

Coventry City Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coventry
Coventry City Hotel
Ranked #32 of 39 Hotels in Coventry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Burton on trent
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Pretty basic, tiny room, the digital switchover can't have gotten to coventry yet as the TV was only tuned for channels 1 - 5. The room was clean and smelled of soap. Would do as a base to rest your head. The shared toilets/showers were cleaner than some reviews suggested. Even in the dead of night. And with it being a budget hotel it attracted a certain clientele. Running up and down the corridors at 3am drunk. Also the shared loos mean you will be woken by heavy doors shutting people get up in the night. But, as the title suggests. You get what you pay for. I think its improved a lot and the management has taken on board some of the complaints from some of the reviews i've read. But the security door was broke and I didn't see any sort of door security which was a bit dodgy and probably my only complaint.

Room Tip: Rooms far away from toilets will in theory be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank craig j
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to post the review. I am glad that you found the bedroom and bathroom facilities clean and sufficient. I am very sorry that other guests did not behave quietly at night. Formule 1 hotel is patrolled at night by security company on a regular basis. I will be sharing your feedback with relevant department. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Czestochowa, Poland
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our stay, mine and my mum, was quite nice, however during the night we had have some unpleasent incidents didnt realeted to hotel condition (some guests were shutting the doors in the late night hours, and once even fire alarm tuned on with an incredible noice at 1am because someone was smoking in the room). Despite that our room was clean, room service was tidying it every day, and we got a new towels every day also. I am glad we chose that hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. At the same time, I am sorry that you could hear other guests at night. I have shared your feedback with hotel security team. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
coventry
Reviewed October 29, 2012

i have stayed in many hotels in my time and this is the worst hotel by far the costumer service is terrible , the bedrooms stink of bleach. the first time i went there i was given a key for room 114 when i got to the room i opened it there was a chinese coupel having sex on the bed my 10 year old son had to witness this, so i went to reception and conplained they gave me a key to room 216 free of charge as i walked into this room it stunk of really old stale kind of smell so once agian i went to reception and they gave me another room free of charge this room also stank my wife didnt want me to go back down to complain so we just opened the window and aired the room out we went straight to sleep because the channels on the t.v were mixed up and i didnt no what was what then to top it of a polish women walked into our room at 8;00am i dont no what she was doing i woke up in a shock she said room service and rushed out the room this hotel is disgusting my wife has chest pain due to the smell i wouldnt recomend this hotel to my enemy i dont no who in the right mind would stay there .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for your comments. You review is very serious and I am sorry that you did not contact us in order to report the issues. We are looking into the problems described. I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly on h2793-gm@accor.com in order to discuss. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I can only sum this dump up as a Knocking Shop.
Truly awful and facilities -horrific. Communal showers filthy and not all working.Walking the corridors in search of a shower was a shock.
If u want male company be my guest.....
Not for me.

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank Helenflute1
, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. We treat all comments with the utmost seriousness and will be investigating the matter accordingly. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2012

It turns out this hostel is owned by the Ibis (nearby)
It was very difficult to find how we were meant to get into the hostel, or check-in.
Finally we went over to the Ibis to ask and it happened to be there, they gave us a key- didnt tell us where exactly our room was. As we were trying to enter the building, some boys stopped us and said 'wouldn't stay there is a s*** hole' so as I'm sure you can understand we were already not expecting great things. We eventually found our room (no sign posts) on the second floor.
The showers and toilets were supposedly 'self cleaning' so it was hard to tell what the liquid on the bathroom floor was - I hopped water from its 'self clean' the were little black hairs all over the toilet rooms and showers - it seems to be in every room.
our room itself seemed clean. There were no communal areas or facilities for tea or coffee.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay. I have shared your comments with Housekeeping department. I am glad that you found the bedroom cleanliness meeting your expectations. However, the standard of communal bathroom cleanliess strongly depends on the guests using it during the evening. The same Housekeeping team cleans the bedrooms as well as bathrooms and I can assure you that they are cleaned to the same standard daily. Let me inform you that all the the directions to the bedrooms are located on each corridor and that there is information displayed at the front entrance of Formule 1 Hotel that the check-in is done at ibis reception located seconds away. I am sorry that you did not notice these. All Formule 1 guests are very welcome to use ibis hotel restaurant and all bar as well as other public areas facilities. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Name]