“Cheap & cheerfull”

Coventry City Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coventry
Coventry City Hotel
Ranked #37 of 39 Hotels in Coventry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
coventry
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

i have stayed in many hotels in my time and this is the worst hotel by far the costumer service is terrible , the bedrooms stink of bleach. the first time i went there i was given a key for room 114 when i got to the room i opened it there was a chinese coupel having sex on the bed my 10 year old son had to witness this, so i went to reception and conplained they gave me a key to room 216 free of charge as i walked into this room it stunk of really old stale kind of smell so once agian i went to reception and they gave me another room free of charge this room also stank my wife didnt want me to go back down to complain so we just opened the window and aired the room out we went straight to sleep because the channels on the t.v were mixed up and i didnt no what was what then to top it of a polish women walked into our room at 8;00am i dont no what she was doing i woke up in a shock she said room service and rushed out the room this hotel is disgusting my wife has chest pain due to the smell i wouldnt recomend this hotel to my enemy i dont no who in the right mind would stay there .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for your comments. You review is very serious and I am sorry that you did not contact us in order to report the issues. We are looking into the problems described. I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly on h2793-gm@accor.com in order to discuss. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I can only sum this dump up as a Knocking Shop.
Truly awful and facilities -horrific. Communal showers filthy and not all working.Walking the corridors in search of a shower was a shock.
If u want male company be my guest.....
Not for me.

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank Helenflute1
, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. We treat all comments with the utmost seriousness and will be investigating the matter accordingly. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

It turns out this hostel is owned by the Ibis (nearby)
It was very difficult to find how we were meant to get into the hostel, or check-in.
Finally we went over to the Ibis to ask and it happened to be there, they gave us a key- didnt tell us where exactly our room was. As we were trying to enter the building, some boys stopped us and said 'wouldn't stay there is a s*** hole' so as I'm sure you can understand we were already not expecting great things. We eventually found our room (no sign posts) on the second floor.
The showers and toilets were supposedly 'self cleaning' so it was hard to tell what the liquid on the bathroom floor was - I hopped water from its 'self clean' the were little black hairs all over the toilet rooms and showers - it seems to be in every room.
our room itself seemed clean. There were no communal areas or facilities for tea or coffee.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay. I have shared your comments with Housekeeping department. I am glad that you found the bedroom cleanliness meeting your expectations. However, the standard of communal bathroom cleanliess strongly depends on the guests using it during the evening. The same Housekeeping team cleans the bedrooms as well as bathrooms and I can assure you that they are cleaned to the same standard daily. Let me inform you that all the the directions to the bedrooms are located on each corridor and that there is information displayed at the front entrance of Formule 1 Hotel that the check-in is done at ibis reception located seconds away. I am sorry that you did not notice these. All Formule 1 guests are very welcome to use ibis hotel restaurant and all bar as well as other public areas facilities. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Name]
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

I've not been in prison before but I imagine this is what Formule 1 model their hotels on. On the plus side its cheap but that is the only good thing going for this place. I ended up here because everywhere else was full but I wish I'd taken the alternative of a 4am start for my meeting. The rooms are small and the previous occupants had taken the trouble to remove the window locks enabling them to smoke in the room which meant it stank like a pub used to. There was what I hope were sick stains on the floor near the sink and the walls were grubby and marked. The bed was very hard and also smelt dank. The shared showers and toilets 'self clean' which meant that there were pubes all over the floor and mildew on the walls. Please don't think I exaggerating, when I say this place really is hell on earth!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 186273Matski98
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will
be dealt with accordingly. I believe you have also contacted me via e-mail to which I have responded promptly. Again, thank you for your feedback. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

It is very nice experience to stay in this hotel (or hostel). Before I went to, I expected the small hostel with dirty bathroom, but it is over my expectation. The bedroom is quite well, It is enough for 2 of my friends and I sharing together. The bathrooms and toilets are quite new and clean.

I really recommend this hotel for young or budgets travelers.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Thank you for your very kind words. I have shared your feedback about clean bathrooms with housekeeping department. My team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. We look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.