Ibis Coventry Centre
$31
$94
$78
  • Restaurant
The Jacobean Hotel(Coventry)(Great Value!)
$51
$70
PremierInn.com
$68
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationring roadroom was cleanper daymin walkcentral locationpowerful showershort staybusiness tripcar parkingnight's sleepplenty of parkingstayed here for one nighttwin roomreception stafftea and coffeebeatrice
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed here Sunday 17th with wife, daughter and her Boyfriend.
There to watch them both graduate from Coventry Uni.
Room was more than adequate for our stay, shower room was good and shower was of a good size.
Stayed for breakfast on the Monday which was good with a decent selection.
Because daughter and boyfriend were not graduating until 3pm, we wanted to keep room on for a bit longer on the Monday, we were told that it would cost us another £40, which I thought was a bit steep, but they needed the room so I paid it, even though we only wanted room until about 2pm.
On Monday after Breakfast, wifey was taking to manager, who said we could have room at £10/hour, saving us £20, check out should have been 12 o'clock, so was well happy, actually checked out at 1.15pm and was refunded the full £40, so was very happy, but would have paid the £20.
Would I stay in an Ibis again, well, will certainly add it to my list when looking for accommodation

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Sam W, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Perfect location for the city centre. Typical Ibis hotel, basic but clean and comfortable. Small rooms but everything you need for an overnight stay. Shower pod good and roomy. Bar area poor, didn't have various items such as tonic water, lager on tap.Car parking cheap £3 for 24hrs plenty of spaces available Overall you get what you pay for and for a cheap overnight stay it serves the purpose.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sam W, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to ibis Coventry Centre. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the services offered in the bar which I will now addressing. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The room was comfortable and the bed provided a good sleep. The shower pod was good, and the water hot and constant. I didn't get any disturbance from the road. The staff are somewhat cold and unwelcoming, but that can be easily overlooked. Breakfast hit a new low with the sausages being welded to the bottom of the serving container so that when you managed to prise one off, half of it was left behind. So, a great place to sleep, but breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at ibis Coventry Centre. Unfortuantely I have only just started here as General Manager so I cannot comment on this event in particular. I will however meet with my staff to explain the importance of a positive welcome which is one of the fundimental principles of the hospitality industry as well as speak to the chef regarding the standard of breakfast.

I hope that we can welcome you back to ibis Coventry Centre in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I would like to say both my son and I (and few other friends) will be staying for a long weekend near end of November. I contacted the hotel to request a twin room as my son is 16yrs old. Very quick and helpful response. One less thing ticked off the list of things to do.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your lovely comments. I have shared your positive feedback with the team.
We are looking forward to welcoming yoyu again in November.

Joanna Torbus

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This hotel is very well located if you are visiting the Conference centre at Coventry University. Yes, the road outside is noisy if you are a light sleeper and I think earplugs are helpful but I had 5 excellent nights sleep here. The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff were exceptionally polite and I too really appreciated the professionalism of a lady called Lana at breakfast.
I understand that Ibis have a policy of charging one price for breakfast but I think that they should also offer a continental breakfast at a reduced rate. However, that is a policy issue and not the fault of the staff at Coventry.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your positive feedback with housekeeping department and the reception team. I have also personally shared your review with Lana who was touched by the very positive comments. We really appreciate you taking the time to post the review.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Joanna Torbus