“Excellent Business Class Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Coventry Centre

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ibis Coventry Centre
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Bengaluru, India
“Excellent Business Class Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks last month (Aug 2013) and i rate the overall experience "great". When i checked in the room phone didn't work & on informing front desk the manager himself came forward and fixed it in 10 mins. The room was daily cleaned & supplies replenished & well kept during my whole stay. The location is excellent and its just 3 - 5 mins walk to city centre. There is a bus stop (21 route) few yards from the hotel door and i enjoyed the proximity. Breakfast was good enough and they even have a bar to hangout in case its late and you didn't want to visit city centre. Overall an wonderful experience & i really appreciate all the staff & manager (French i guess, forgot the name, sorry ) for making my 2 weeks stay a memorable one.
Thanks again.

Room Tip: If you want to open the window and sleep then prefer the room NOT facing the road (that VW showroom...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to see that you enjoyed the two weeks you spent in Ibis Coventry. I have shared your feedback with hotel team and with the Duty Manager- Nicolas. Nicolas was very pleased and happy to see your comments. It is very much appreciated.

We hope that you chose Ibis Coventry Centre again and we have opportunity to welcome you.

Joanna Torbus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed four nights at this hotel for an international conference. I was happy to experience a service minded staff always looking out for my best interests. The room is perhaps not by the most modern design, but still comfortable. Had plenty of breakfast options to choose between and was greeted with a smile every morning by a lovely serving lady, Lana. This hotel is well situated with only five minutes walk to the Cathedral and another five minutes to shopping.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for your positive review. We are very pleased that you liked our accommodation as well as our breakfast offer. I have shared your feedback with Lana who was very pleased that you mentioned her name specifically. We often get positive reviews about Lana's customer care. We hope to welcome you back again soon- maybe during next conference.

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Where do I start... the window was damaged and hanging off with my bedroom right next to the main road which kept me awake all night. I asked the reception if they had ear plugs and they did not. The volume on my TV was really low even at full volume. The Wi-Fi in my room was not worth using it was so poor. I ordered a pizza and got a chicago town frozen pizza... and one last thing... the 'luxury' mattress left me feeling like I have whiplash... its honestly that bad! As much as I was offered my meal for free and a couple of free drinks I don't think I will stay here again as it is so bad. The staff were nice and did what they could but they were fully booked so couldn't move me to another room. Only stay here if you get a really cheap deal...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.

Please, let me explain that the room you stayed in is located within listed part of the building and the window is of old fashioned style with sash mechanism. The bottom part of the window needs to be lifted up and down. I understand that the window might be quite heavy to operate. However it was found not broken upon inspection.
Please, let me explain that the complimentary wifi we offer up to 512MB had no network problems registered during your stay. I understand that it may be slow at some occassions. I am sorry that you found the TV volume too low. It is standard volume applied in all the bedrooms which is set up at certain level as otherwise it may cause disturbancve to other guests. Please accept my apologies for the fact that you did not find our new Swet Ibis Bed comfortable. I understand that softness of the mattress may be subjective and that not all the guests may find it as comfortable as others.

I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. At the same time I am glad to see that all you found the team to be nice during your stay.

Joanna Torbus

Travelers are raving about these Coventry hotels

Lurgan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a central, reasonably priced, clean hotel to stay in for a couple of nights, whilst we visited our daughter in Coventry. We happened upon the Ibis and, based on Tripadvisor reviews from other guests, we decided to take a chance. We got a great price from Onhotels booking site, which also included breakfast. We drove from Birmingham and found the hotel relatively easily. We parked in the car park which was around the back of the hotel. The reception staff validate the card every time you come in and then you just put it in the machine to get out. You get a new card on every entry but remember to get them all validated before leaving. The cost was only £3 per day, regardless of how many time we entered and left, and we just had it added to the room bill.

On arrival we found the staff in reception to be very pleasant and helpful. We located our room easily and were very pleased with what we found. It was spotlessly clean and had tea and coffee making facilities in the room. There was a reasonably sized en-suite bathroom, again very clean, and which had a very large shower, which was great with decent water pressure and plenty of hot water. The bed was very comfortable and there were extra pillows in the storage area and a nice flat screen television located on a shelving are on the wall near the foot of the bed.
The décor was very modern and in natural tones. The curtain was in 3 panels but when I tried to close them they came off the rail! Possibly my fault, but regardless, we notified Reception and the problem was immediately rectified with no fuss.

The town centre was within a 5-10 minute walk. It was the height of the summer, July 17th-19th, when we visited, and incredibly hot. I like walking but found the walkways that went under the main road to be a bit of an effort and I think I would have been a little concerned if I had been accompanied by anyone with a debility which impaired their ability to walk. However, the temperature was around 30C and I am sure even the most able bodied person would have found it more uncomfortable then usual to walk up and down any sort of gradient in that heat.
We didn't use the train but noticed that is was very conveniently located near the Ibis, about a 5 min walk max.

Breakfast was great. A selection of hot foods; bacon, scrambled eggs, sausage, mushroom, tomato etc. It also had a range of continental style foods and cereals. There was fresh breads and a toaster for toasting it if you so wished. Plenty of fruit juices and tea and coffee were also available. A lovely lady, who, I think, was named Lana, cleared the dishes and wiped the tables constantly and was very helpful, if you needed any assistance. All the Ibis staff were great but we think she particularly deserved a mention.

All in all, we were very impressed with the Ibis and have scored it in relation to the 2 star class which it holds, although in all honestly we have stayed in 3 hotels which we found to be much less impressive than the Ibis! We had two very enjoyable nights and would not hesitate to book it again, should we return to Coventry.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for your review. I have shared your feedback with the reception and housekeeping team. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with. I am very happy to see that in the light of having air cooling system, you found the room suitable to stay in the hot weather conditions. I have shared your comments with Lana who was very happy to see your posisitve feedback and her name mentioned. We all appreciate your encouraging comments very much. We hope to welcome you back again soon.