“Simple and appropriate!”

Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
CURITIBA
“Simple and appropriate!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

For those traveling by car the IBIS hotel is perfect for a quick overnight and then move on to the next leg of their journey. The room are always clean, warm, comfortable and good bed. We chose IBIS Coventry center by offering parking and being near the Stratford Upon-Avon, which was our next destination. The gentle and polite staff served us very well.simple and appropriate! For those traveling by car the IBIS hotel is perfect for a quick overnight and then move on to the next leg of their journey. The room are always clean, warm, comfortable and good bed. We chose IBIS Coventry center by offering parking and being near the Stratford Upon-Avon, which was our next destination. The gentle and polite staff served us very well. I like the breakfast option, it is possible to pay only if you want to eat. The breakfast is simple but complete, good quality and cheap. Another advantage of IBIS is that they make your next booking in hotels of the same chain, facilitating the next hosting.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MARIO RENE S
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Sir, I would like to thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our new Sweet Ibis Bed comfortable. I will also pass on compliments to reception, breakfast and housekeeping team. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Blackpool
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was a booking made through agent for Govt dept. Agency had absolute proof of booking but no acceptance of blame by hotel. Offered alternative some 20 miles away in Rugby. After over an hour of waiting and phone calls, finally got in as some other poor soul sent to other hotel! No offer of compensation for inconvenience caused etc. At end of it all, room very basic and underwhelming! Thank God I will never have to come back!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Sir, thank you for your time to post the review. Please accept once more our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and for the delay with your check-in. Due to the fact that the booking was made by an agent and we had no more availability, it took us some time to verify what caused the booking error and to accommodate you in the hotel. Once more please accept our apologies. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Coventry hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Upon arrival, I was greeted by someone with the name of Joanna. I was spoken to very professionally. Probably one of the best interactions I have had when staying at an Accor group hotel.

Room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

This hotel is ideally located in the centre of the city and a short walk from the mainline train station.

What I liked best was the comfort of the bed. It made me think about buying a new bed at home.

The only thing that marred my experience was that the shower head did not fit correctly in its holding bracket. When I switched on the shower, the head would turn towards the wall as it was too loose. I reported this at reception when checking out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I wll be very happy to personally share your review with Joanna. We often get positive feedback about her customer service standards and I am sure that she will be very pleased that you mentioned her name. I have shared your feedback in regards to shower with the maintenance team. We hope to welcome you back again. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Wellesbourne Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Ibis Coventry Centre is really good place if you want to spend a couple of nights on business trip in the Midlands.
Breakfast is also appreciable!
Room noise insulation shuold be improved. There is slightly too much noise arriving from the street.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Luca, I would like to thank you for posting your review. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast offer. Please let me advise in case of future stays that the rooms located on the car park side of the hotel are quieter than the ones on the road side. I am sorry that you were disturbed by the street noise. We hope to welcome you back again. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My stay here was a positive one, overall. Very comfy bed, friendly and helpful staff, quiet and in a good location. My only qualm was my experience in the morning at breakfast. There is only one option - £7.95 for all you can eat. I only wanted a bit of toast and jam and maybe a cup of tea but was told that the breakfast was a flat rate of the above price, a little silly really. They told me that there was an option of a cheaper breakfast later in the morning but I was due in work at 9 so felt a little let down that I had to spend so much if I wanted a bite to eat in the morning. Maybe a little more flexibility with pricing would be a good idea on this.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Sir, thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient. We were particularly pleased to see that you found our New Sweet Ibis Bed comfortable. At the same time, please let me apologise for the breakfast service. Whilst it is true that we serve cooked continental buffet breakfast at £7,95 per person and serve lighter breakfast only from 10 am until midday, we should have made an exception in order to meet your needs better. I will share your feedback with the breakfast and reception team. We hope to welcome you back again. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Ch-9012 St. Gallen
Reviewed April 21, 2013

the hotel is too far away from the center of the town
service is friendly - parking OK
the room is adequate but the carpet flooring dirty - shower OK
I would not use this hotel again as it was not to my expections

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Sir/Madam, thank you for your review. I am glad that you appreciate our customer care, hotel car parking, bedroom quality and the shower. At the same time, I am sorry that you found the hotel located too far from city centre. It is up to 10-minute walk. I have shared your feedback in regards to the carpet with the Housekeeping Team. Please, accept my apologies. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just returned from a lovely weekend stay in Coventry, the hotel and staff were great, very friendly and helpful. Rooms all you need, comfortable and clean so with the hotel being walking distance to the city centre and the price we had no complaints at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam, thank you very much for your positive feedback. I have shared it with the team. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Joanna/General Manager.