“No record of booking and no acceptance of blame.”

Ibis Coventry Centre
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was a booking made through agent for Govt dept. Agency had absolute proof of booking but no acceptance of blame by hotel. Offered alternative some 20 miles away in Rugby. After over an hour of waiting and phone calls, finally got in as some other poor soul sent to other hotel! No offer of compensation for inconvenience caused etc. At end of it all, room very basic and underwhelming! Thank God I will never have to come back!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Sir, thank you for your time to post the review. Please accept once more our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and for the delay with your check-in. Due to the fact that the booking was made by an agent and we had no more availability, it took us some time to verify what caused the booking error and to accommodate you in the hotel. Once more please accept our apologies. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Upon arrival, I was greeted by someone with the name of Joanna. I was spoken to very professionally. Probably one of the best interactions I have had when staying at an Accor group hotel.

Room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

This hotel is ideally located in the centre of the city and a short walk from the mainline train station.

What I liked best was the comfort of the bed. It made me think about buying a new bed at home.

The only thing that marred my experience was that the shower head did not fit correctly in its holding bracket. When I switched on the shower, the head would turn towards the wall as it was too loose. I reported this at reception when checking out.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I wll be very happy to personally share your review with Joanna. We often get positive feedback about her customer service standards and I am sure that she will be very pleased that you mentioned her name. I have shared your feedback in regards to shower with the maintenance team. We hope to welcome you back again. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Ibis Coventry Centre is really good place if you want to spend a couple of nights on business trip in the Midlands.
Breakfast is also appreciable!
Room noise insulation shuold be improved. There is slightly too much noise arriving from the street.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Luca, I would like to thank you for posting your review. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast offer. Please let me advise in case of future stays that the rooms located on the car park side of the hotel are quieter than the ones on the road side. I am sorry that you were disturbed by the street noise. We hope to welcome you back again. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My stay here was a positive one, overall. Very comfy bed, friendly and helpful staff, quiet and in a good location. My only qualm was my experience in the morning at breakfast. There is only one option - £7.95 for all you can eat. I only wanted a bit of toast and jam and maybe a cup of tea but was told that the breakfast was a flat rate of the above price, a little silly really. They told me that there was an option of a cheaper breakfast later in the morning but I was due in work at 9 so felt a little let down that I had to spend so much if I wanted a bite to eat in the morning. Maybe a little more flexibility with pricing would be a good idea on this.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Sir, thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient. We were particularly pleased to see that you found our New Sweet Ibis Bed comfortable. At the same time, please let me apologise for the breakfast service. Whilst it is true that we serve cooked continental buffet breakfast at £7,95 per person and serve lighter breakfast only from 10 am until midday, we should have made an exception in order to meet your needs better. I will share your feedback with the breakfast and reception team. We hope to welcome you back again. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

the hotel is too far away from the center of the town
service is friendly - parking OK
the room is adequate but the carpet flooring dirty - shower OK
I would not use this hotel again as it was not to my expections

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Sir/Madam, thank you for your review. I am glad that you appreciate our customer care, hotel car parking, bedroom quality and the shower. At the same time, I am sorry that you found the hotel located too far from city centre. It is up to 10-minute walk. I have shared your feedback in regards to the carpet with the Housekeeping Team. Please, accept my apologies. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just returned from a lovely weekend stay in Coventry, the hotel and staff were great, very friendly and helpful. Rooms all you need, comfortable and clean so with the hotel being walking distance to the city centre and the price we had no complaints at all.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam, thank you very much for your positive feedback. I have shared it with the team. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Joanna/General Manager.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Great value hotel and really close to the city centre. Dog friendly and there wasn't a charge for the dogs. Staff friendly but you don't see much of them at breakfast time. I assume they are busy doing other duties. The problem with that is when all the sausages have gone its difficult to get more. The selection and quality of the breakfast isn't good. In my humble opinion it's not worth paying nearly £16 for you and the wife or girlfriend etc,
The beds are really firm and the bathroom is a pod rather than a room, but quite exceptable.
Give a try but do not expect the Ritz.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Sir, thank you very much for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. At the same time, I am sorry that our breakfast service did not meet your expectations. In Ibis all of us are available to help you with any enquiry- whether working at reception or breakfast. I will share your feedback with the team. At the same time, let me explain that while Ibis is a pet-friendly hotel we normally apply a charge of £5 per pet per day. We hope to welcome you back again. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.