“Great value but the breakfast is not worth the money.”

Ibis Coventry Centre
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Great value hotel and really close to the city centre. Dog friendly and there wasn't a charge for the dogs. Staff friendly but you don't see much of them at breakfast time. I assume they are busy doing other duties. The problem with that is when all the sausages have gone its difficult to get more. The selection and quality of the breakfast isn't good. In my humble opinion it's not worth paying nearly £16 for you and the wife or girlfriend etc,
The beds are really firm and the bathroom is a pod rather than a room, but quite exceptable.
Give a try but do not expect the Ritz.

• Stayed: June 2012
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Sir, thank you very much for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. At the same time, I am sorry that our breakfast service did not meet your expectations. In Ibis all of us are available to help you with any enquiry- whether working at reception or breakfast. I will share your feedback with the team. At the same time, let me explain that while Ibis is a pet-friendly hotel we normally apply a charge of £5 per pet per day. We hope to welcome you back again. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have stayed through work in many Ibis hotels within Europe and the UK and I rate this one in comparison to many others very highly, the location is excellent if one requires a visit into the centre, the friendliness of staff great and good value for money.
Hence whenever I'm in the area through work this is always my first choice if rooms are available.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to thank you for your very positive review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the team. We are very pleased with your comments and hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Joanna/General Manager.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This Hotel was brilliant - all you could need for a great holiday at a great price. It was close to the city centre so we just parked up the car and walked everywhere. Excellent hotel for exploring Coventry!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to thank you for posting the very positive review. We are all very pleased that you found our hotel comfortable and location and parking convenient. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here on business, working nights at the university. Its in a good location from the train station too. I stayed in room 1 which is a disabled room. Its very basic and quite cold but i stayed in march so that was to be expected. The bed was very comfortable though and the room was surprisingly quiet considering its right next to the main reception. I slept during the day because i worked nights but the cleaners knew this and were considerate. Morning breakfast isn't the best. 2nd rate fry up. Cereals, fruit, yoghurt and toast were ok though. Overall its extremely basic, but all i needed was a comfy bed which is what i got.

• Stayed: March 2013
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Sir, I would like to thank you for your review. I am glad that you found your bedroom quiet and the Room Attendants considerate to your sleeping pattern during the day. I will be sharing your feedback with both reception and breakfast team and look into possible ways of improving guest experience. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The car parking and service made the five to ten (depending how quick you walk) minute walk into the centre worth it. The staff were all friendly and helpful and the bar was a pleasant relaxed place to hang out before heading into town. Will be staying here every time we go back to Cov!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to thank you for your positive feedback. I have shared your review with the team. We are all pleased that you enjoyed your stay as well as hotel location and the bar ambience. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and everything was fine. Room is basic - comfy bed.
I stayed here for 2 nights over easter and as a female travelling alone i felt on edge both nights i was there. The Sunday night from 1.30am people screaming down the corridor (swearing at others) Woke me up and couldnt get myself back to sleep for ages until they had shut up - didnt seem to be any staff telling them to be quiet. Then on the second night on 2 occasions people tried to get into my room with a card (I had locked from inside) but it didnt stop me feeling a bit nervous. I was supposed to be up for an early train... didnt end up sleeping at all. I won't go back there, although perfect location to town and station i will pay that bit extra to stay somewhere where i know i will be ok. Dont let my review put you off, I just like to feel 100% safe when travelling alone and wouldnt say i did on this occasion. Great rooms, good strong shower and the food in the restaurant based on my previous exp is nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Madam, I would like to thank you for your review. I am glad that you found the room satisfactory and our new Sweet Ibis Bed comfortable. I am sorry that you were disturbed during the night by other guests. Please let me inform you that we have reception available 24/7 as well as security present during every night of the week. I am sorry that you did not contact us to inform about the disturbance to your sleep. We have telephone located in each bedroom connecting you directly to the reception desk and security as well as the night receptionist ready to assist you with any enquiries. I will be sure to share your feedback both with the reception team as well as with security company. Thank you again for your time writing this review and for your custom. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very modern, very clean. Staff efficient. Restaurant good. Only negative is chargeable wifi (free when I stayed in an Ibis in France the week before). Also charge for car park would seem unnecessary. Otherwise excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to thank you very much for the positive review. I have shared your feedback with the hotel team. I am happy to inform you that we are introducing free of charge wifi in Ibis Hotels in UK. The project will be implemented within the next few months. At the same time, please let me highlight that we are offering the most attractive car parking price out of all Coventry hotels located in the city centre. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.