“Good value, clean and comfortable”

Ibis Coventry Centre
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Berkshire, UK
“Good value, clean and comfortable”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I picked the hotel based on location, it being an easy walk of less than 10 minutes from the train station. I was a bit irritated that after making an Internet reservation in advance that I had to fill in all my details again by hand, a needless waste of 5 minutes. The room was as expected, small but clean. I found the 'new' Ibis bed comfortable and the shower was hot and powerful.
I thought breakfast was a bit overpriced considering the selection and the quality (the scrambled egg was very rubbery), but the worst part was that every time someone went to the car park the double automatic doors stayed open too long letting lots of cold air in - it was sub-zero outside.
Overall I thought the Ibis was good value, clean and comfortable and would consider staying again.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and the receptionist gave me a room overlooking the car park saying it was...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank UK_Patch
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to thank you for your comments. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found both the location and the quality of bedrooms as expected. I am very pleased that you enjoyed sleeping on our new Sweet Ibis Bed. I have shared your comments in regards to the breakfast with the team and will share with relevant department your statement in regards to the registration forms. I would like to confirm that we are taking appropriate actions. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leicestershire UK
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here on the 16 March 2013 with my wife for a weekend theatre break, and found the Hotel reasonably close to the Belgrade theatre. I found the Hotel very pleasant and the reception
helpful and welcoming. My room was of a good size for two of us, and was well decorated and very clean with an fair size bathroom with a good size shower and shower power. The bed was very comfortable with the availability of extra pillows in the room if you needed them, all the usual things you expect to find like tea and coffee making and a hair dryer.
I would like to thank the General Manager Joamma Torbus and the team for making my stay very pleasant and for the excellent service afforded me throughout.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank simplybest1
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I have shared your positive feedback with Housekeeping Department and Reception Team. We are all glad to see that you found our bedroom comfortable and clean and that you enjoyed a good night sleep on our new Sweet Ibis Bed installed only a few months ago. It is very satisfying to see the name mentioned in the positive comment for what I would like to thank you. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I regularly stay at IBIS hotels, albeit usually in London. The Coventry Central IBIS disheartened me. The food was inedible; I had a chicken burger; the chicken was so over microwaved a knife wouldn't cut through it and the salad was about three days past it's best.
The room didn't feel clean. There was a strong smell of cigarette smoke ingrained into the fabrics of the room. The blind was hanging off the track, and was splattered with white paint. There was something red smeared down a wall, next to where an old television had been removed from the wall, without any refurbishment done to the wall. I did not walk across the floor without shoes on as it didn't feel like it had been cleaned since it had been preiiously used.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank parkend12
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to thank you for your feedback. At the same time, I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have personally spoken to all team members in order to follow up on the issues raised. However, it seems that none of them have been reported to us. Please may I inform you that we apply 15 Minutes Satisfaction Guarantee Policy in Ibis hotels. Shall any issues be reported, we would do our utmost in order to resolve them within 15 minutes or the room would be on us. I have shared your feedback with the Restauarant, Kitchen, Maintenance and Housekeeping departments in order to take preventative actions. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Helston, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel & found it to be perfectly adequate. Our room was a tad noisy, (we opened the window), as it as right by the ring road. We found the room to be clean & it met our basic needs adequately. . The staff were friendly. Breakfast was very good & catered for every taste.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alocaldiner
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to thank you for your review. I am glad that you were satisfied with the customer service delivered, cleanliness standards as well as with our breakfast offer. I have shared your feedback with all the relevant hotel departments. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Bristol
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This ibis is ok, fine in fact. The room was clean and quiet. It had a view of a concrete roundabout & flyover but then it is in Coventry. The staff were helpful enough. I decided not to pay for breakfast as the foyer area was busy with a morning after the night before stag night. They were....lively. To say the least. Not my most glamorous work trip but it was entirely satisfactory.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Myan_12
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for posting your review on here. I am glad that you were satisfied with your stay and that you found both hotel staff helpful and the room adequate and clean. I am sorry that on this occassion your found some of the guests in the breakfast area too noisy. We hope to welcome you back. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I chose this Ibis for a business trip principally because it is close to the City Centre. It is very well located just a few minutes from the heart of Coventry, but it's also comfortable, clean and I found the staff to be efficient, friendly and helpful. Quite frankly it was better than I expected for the price I paid and I will book it again if I return to Coventry.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to thank you for your very positive review. I have shared your feedback with the Housekeeping Department and the Reception Team. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed March 1, 2013

had to wait for 30 minutes at 2100 with a screaming child to get a crib. staff was over worked. hotel smelled. breakfast was terrible. fire alarm went off in the middle of the night. no apology from the staff. this place was a real bust.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam, thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Please let me inform you that when you made online booking for two bedrooms back in December, there was no requirement for baby cot mentioned on your reservations. Due to the fact that the team member on duty was preparing food for another guest when you arrived and the fact that we were not made aware of the requirement for baby cot, there was a delay upon your arival. I am terribly sorry that we did not convey our apologies upon check out following the fire alarm. I am sure that you understand that fire safety is very serious to us and that any breeches of it must be thoroughly investigated. I am sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast offer. Shall any issue with breakfast be raised with us during the service, we would have either taken immediate action or offered you a refund. Please let me assure you that I have shared your comments with team member on breakfast service during your stay last year in December. I am sorry again that your stay did not meet your expectations. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.