Ibis Coventry Centre
$38
$36
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
The Jacobean Hotel(Coventry)(Great Value!)
$84
Priceline
$68
$71
$72
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
Great 4.5/5
All reviewstrain stationring roadroom was cleanper daymin walkcentral locationpowerful showershort staybusiness tripcar parkingnight's sleepplenty of parkingstayed here for one nighttwin roomreception stafftea and coffeebeatrice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This ibis is ok, fine in fact. The room was clean and quiet. It had a view of a concrete roundabout & flyover but then it is in Coventry. The staff were helpful enough. I decided not to pay for breakfast as the foyer area was busy with a morning after the night before stag night. They were....lively. To say the least. Not my most glamorous work trip but it was entirely satisfactory.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Myan_12
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for posting your review on here. I am glad that you were satisfied with your stay and that you found both hotel staff helpful and the room adequate and clean. I am sorry that on this occassion your found some of the guests in the breakfast area too noisy. We hope to welcome you back. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I chose this Ibis for a business trip principally because it is close to the City Centre. It is very well located just a few minutes from the heart of Coventry, but it's also comfortable, clean and I found the staff to be efficient, friendly and helpful. Quite frankly it was better than I expected for the price I paid and I will book it again if I return to Coventry.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to thank you for your very positive review. I have shared your feedback with the Housekeeping Department and the Reception Team. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

had to wait for 30 minutes at 2100 with a screaming child to get a crib. staff was over worked. hotel smelled. breakfast was terrible. fire alarm went off in the middle of the night. no apology from the staff. this place was a real bust.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam, thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Please let me inform you that when you made online booking for two bedrooms back in December, there was no requirement for baby cot mentioned on your reservations. Due to the fact that the team member on duty was preparing food for another guest when you arrived and the fact that we were not made aware of the requirement for baby cot, there was a delay upon your arival. I am terribly sorry that we did not convey our apologies upon check out following the fire alarm. I am sure that you understand that fire safety is very serious to us and that any breeches of it must be thoroughly investigated. I am sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast offer. Shall any issue with breakfast be raised with us during the service, we would have either taken immediate action or offered you a refund. Please let me assure you that I have shared your comments with team member on breakfast service during your stay last year in December. I am sorry again that your stay did not meet your expectations. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is superb if you want to explore Coventry. The situation just on the ring road is excellent. Subways under the road and you are a minute or two away from the centre of the town - Cathedral, Motor Museum and shops. Breakfast was extremely good value and porridge was available if you wanted it! You always get a consistent standard at Ibis Hotels and this one meets anyone's requirements. Very friendly staff and ever-helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to thank you for your very positive review of Ibis Coventry Centre hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I am sure that the whole team will appreciate your very positive review of our customer care. We hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've always been put off doing events at the NEC however my opinion is now changed. I attended a 5 day event at said venue and dumped my car at there saving on parking and petrol. By using this hotel you are literally 10 minutes away on the train, a weekly pass cost £23, there are trains every 10 mins that drop you @ Birmingham International. Coventry station is a 5 minute straight line walk even with a heavy suitcase (on wheels). Room was £39 a night. Hotel is basic - think travelodge with a French theme, rooms are clean warm and comfortable (huge shower!) TV is hopeless (5 channels) - WiFi but I had to pay (its Accour / Orange). Breakfast is YUCK for £8.00 - if you are at the NEC go in early and visit Wetherspoons instead. There are a number of town centre pubs, bars and restaurants within easy walking distance. All in all not a bad place to base yourself if you are doing the NEC...

Room Tip: Appeared to be all the same...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam, thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed staying with us during NEC event. I am pleased to see that you found our bedrooms clean and wam and particularly enjoyed the large shower. I will be sure to pass your feedback to Head Housekeeper. At the same time, I am pleased to inform you that we will soon be implementing free of charge internet for hotel guests. I am sorry that you did not enjoy our cooked buffet breakfast. We are always happy to hear from our guests. I would be grateful if you could share your feedback with us during your breakfast in the future so that we ccould take corrective actions. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.