Ibis Coventry Centre
$75
$76
$74
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationring roadroom was cleanper daymin walkcentral locationpowerful showershort staybusiness tripcar parkingnight's sleepplenty of parkingstayed here for one nighttwin roomreception stafftea and coffeebeatrice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 25, 2011

The Staff is cheerful, friendly, helpful and attentive.

The hotel is Clean, convenient and comfortable..

Yes, there is quiet too.

Is worth to Stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LinnaTeng
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward
to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

We stayed for 1 night and were pleasantly surprised to find the staff cheerful, helpful, and attentive - not always the case with budget hotels in my experience.. Location was central and convenient with the added bonus of on-site parking (apparently unusual for a central Coventry hotel). We returned to the hotel at 3am from our night out and had no problems ordering food and drink from the bar, which was a bonus. Rooms were clean and modern and although small, good use has been made of the space. Only slight negative was the quality of the breakfast which was adequate but overpriced at £7.50 - particularly when we discovered that this facility was also used by the adjacent Europe1 Hotel, but that residents of that hotel were only paying £5 for the same breakfast! It's worth noting though for the "night owls" that breakfast of some description (continental only, for very early or late diners) is available right up until check out time of 1200. All in all, a budget hotel that served it's purpose well, and which we wouldn't hesitate to use again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Thank you for your very kind words. I am glad that my team made your stay enjoyable and that you enjoyed the stay. To benefit from the best deals available please book your accommodation directly on our website. Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Stayed at the Ibis, Coventry for 2 nights - Sept. 30 and 1st Oct. We booked 2 rooms for our family of 4 while settling my eldest son at Warwick University. Distance from the Varsity was not an issue as the drive with GPS in our rented vehicle was easy enough. Rooms are clean. One room was more spacious than the other. The greatest dissapointment was the room internet connections which did not work in either of our rooms. They have a funny connection via the TV cables and remote control. Even the hotel receptionist could not solve the problem coming to our room. I had to cancel the internet option as you are charge for the choice of connection. Luckily, they did cancel the extra charge from our rooms bill upon check out. I can understand slower connections but if the hotel claims to provide it but falls very short, they have to rectify the problem. Interntet connections are a very basic amenity available in the majority of hotels, B&B etc..- if not WIFI , at least a working ethernet plugin. We did not bother to dine in reading the comments from other guests. Next time, I am in Conventry, I will definitely try another hotel. Housekeeping service in one of our rooms was not up to par - the bath soap dispenser was empty and even when reminded was never replenished!

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I have investigated the matter accordingly. I am aware that when receptionist was assessing your internet connection, she learned that you accidentally plugged the internet cable into the telephone socket which was the reason why the internet on TV was not working. After plugging the cable into the TV system, your laptop settings needed to be adjusted. However you decided not to use the complimentary helpline as suggested. I am sorry that you found our system confusing and we could not set up the laptop for you. Please, let me also inform you that we do have wifi internet access in the hotel and the leaflet on that is placed in each room as well as in the reception. I have shared your comments with Housekeeping department in regards to missing liquid soap in one of the rooms. Please, accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

I checked in without big expectations, and I left without any disappointment. The room was clean and comfortable, Internet, kettle and shower worked just fine, breakfast was OK- what more do you need for a business trip?

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you has a good stay with us. We hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

Just outside the inner ring road but easy walk though CCTV covered park and underpasses to city. Staff book you in at internet rate on arrival if you haven't booked. Parking is charged but not expensive. Rooms and decor just as most other Ibis hotels.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Joanna, General Manager.