“Clean, Convenient, Comfortable, Quiet.”

Ibis Coventry Centre
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We stayed for 1 night and were pleasantly surprised to find the staff cheerful, helpful, and attentive - not always the case with budget hotels in my experience.. Location was central and convenient with the added bonus of on-site parking (apparently unusual for a central Coventry hotel). We returned to the hotel at 3am from our night out and had no problems ordering food and drink from the bar, which was a bonus. Rooms were clean and modern and although small, good use has been made of the space. Only slight negative was the quality of the breakfast which was adequate but overpriced at £7.50 - particularly when we discovered that this facility was also used by the adjacent Europe1 Hotel, but that residents of that hotel were only paying £5 for the same breakfast! It's worth noting though for the "night owls" that breakfast of some description (continental only, for very early or late diners) is available right up until check out time of 1200. All in all, a budget hotel that served it's purpose well, and which we wouldn't hesitate to use again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Thank you for your very kind words. I am glad that my team made your stay enjoyable and that you enjoyed the stay. To benefit from the best deals available please book your accommodation directly on our website. Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Stayed at the Ibis, Coventry for 2 nights - Sept. 30 and 1st Oct. We booked 2 rooms for our family of 4 while settling my eldest son at Warwick University. Distance from the Varsity was not an issue as the drive with GPS in our rented vehicle was easy enough. Rooms are clean. One room was more spacious than the other. The greatest dissapointment was the room internet connections which did not work in either of our rooms. They have a funny connection via the TV cables and remote control. Even the hotel receptionist could not solve the problem coming to our room. I had to cancel the internet option as you are charge for the choice of connection. Luckily, they did cancel the extra charge from our rooms bill upon check out. I can understand slower connections but if the hotel claims to provide it but falls very short, they have to rectify the problem. Interntet connections are a very basic amenity available in the majority of hotels, B&B etc..- if not WIFI , at least a working ethernet plugin. We did not bother to dine in reading the comments from other guests. Next time, I am in Conventry, I will definitely try another hotel. Housekeeping service in one of our rooms was not up to par - the bath soap dispenser was empty and even when reminded was never replenished!

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I have investigated the matter accordingly. I am aware that when receptionist was assessing your internet connection, she learned that you accidentally plugged the internet cable into the telephone socket which was the reason why the internet on TV was not working. After plugging the cable into the TV system, your laptop settings needed to be adjusted. However you decided not to use the complimentary helpline as suggested. I am sorry that you found our system confusing and we could not set up the laptop for you. Please, let me also inform you that we do have wifi internet access in the hotel and the leaflet on that is placed in each room as well as in the reception. I have shared your comments with Housekeeping department in regards to missing liquid soap in one of the rooms. Please, accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

I checked in without big expectations, and I left without any disappointment. The room was clean and comfortable, Internet, kettle and shower worked just fine, breakfast was OK- what more do you need for a business trip?

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you has a good stay with us. We hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

Just outside the inner ring road but easy walk though CCTV covered park and underpasses to city. Staff book you in at internet rate on arrival if you haven't booked. Parking is charged but not expensive. Rooms and decor just as most other Ibis hotels.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Joanna, General Manager.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2011

A normal Ibis, which are usually quite good. However this one was terrible. Evening meal awful....hotel was hugely overpriced and continual difficulties with web/wi-fi and even television. Lift didn't work either. They had pre charged me for all these amenities. The wi-fi in the lobby was French Orange, which didn't work either. All I got from the staff was that it wasn't their fault or even their company. Do they say this about the bought in croissants. Stuck in the middle of a junction it is nearly impossible to walk anywhere. Coventry at night was it's usualshuttered up ghost town.

do not bother ...Premier Inn much better and cheaper.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank melmoff
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Thank you for your comments. I would be grateful if you could contact me on h2793-gm@accor.com, so that I could obtain some more details in regards to your meal and Orange wifi connection. Let me explain that the room expenses are pre charged only upon receiving written instructions from the booker and therefore are always made only upon guest request. We also have management on duty during restaurant opening hours and any issues can be raised directly with us during the meal and dealt with straightaway. We also provide 24/7 Orange helpline in case of any problems with connection. I can assure you the matter will be looked into as soon as you will kindly provide us with more feedback. Kind regards, Joanna, General Manager.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

This hotel lives up to its 2 star reputation. The room was comfortable but as we had a small child did not have much room as these room really are designed for 1 or 2 people. You lose the desk space for the laptop and kettle for the childs/3rd bed. But the room had all you need, beds very hard but we like them that way:-)
The Breakfast was buffet-style it was ok but nothing amazing-wasnt expecting a 4 star service! You had enough breakfast to fill up for the day and had a good selection. There is 24/7 menu if your peckish through the night too.
The hotel is central to the city with a 10 min walk. All in all was what we needed for a central location into Lemington and Warwick. There is a charge to park your car in the car park also which i was not expectong at £3 per day.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay
and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. I believe our car park charges are advertised on all distribution channels. However, if you came accross website that does not inform about the charge, I would be very grateful if you could kindly inform us. Kind regards, Joanna / General Manager.